Changes at DTD

raven

Raven, when they first closed everything 2 years ago, they announced it was going to be replaced with something more family oriented. But that never happened. Is that what you're referring to or is there something newer being developed?

That is part of it. Back then I didn't know the concept or if one was even in existance. More than likely it's the same one they talked about.

Horizonsfan

PI isn't coming back. A whole new concept is on the table for the property that's more family oriented with an entirely different name. Pretty cool looking as well! :animwink:

Is it still mostly 3-party shops and dining like they were going for, or is it more entertainment destination done by Disney?

raven

Is it still mostly 3-party shops and dining like they were going for, or is it more entertainment destination done by Disney?

Well it's not going to hold any touring Broadway shows if that's what you mean. But entertainment, shops and dining are all on the plate. Just have to wait now and see. :animwink:

Horizonsfan

Well it's not going to hold any touring Broadway shows if that's what you mean. But entertainment, shops and dining are all on the plate. Just have to wait now and see. :animwink:

Oh no I wasn't thinking anything Broadway show caliber (they've already got Westside for that type of stuff). I was just wondering if we were looking at a mall with Disney's name slapped on it or if we were looking at something more akin to Marketplace. Thanks for the explanation, now I'll try to be patient for the announcement.:zipit:

trr1

thumbnail.aspx

warning warning danger danger

Duckberg

Well there are many reasons why PI closed....mostly it is the guests fault....only two clubs were in the Black...too many gang related people were coming....having drunk people walking the streets with kids around is not an image Disney wants...

To think that if Disney would of kept PI blocked off it might still be open right now.....

I don't think PI is EVER coming back! Duckberg :cool:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Is that a Gay day thing? Its only one night a year.

Murder mayhem, feltching all facts.

Let's not forget to add the occasional bout of shoplifting, photogs taking shots with tripods, and the random fender-bender in the DtD parking lot to the list, since we're tossing about hyperbolic pratter.....

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
No you are right....even though you were not there...all the clubs were in the black and making a ton of money...there were no drunk people making of themselves and there were no gang issues...Disney just magically closed down PI for NO REASON AT ALL.....I love living in your fantasy world where facts do not matter......

You certainly are in a fantasy world. I think its called La La land.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
No you are right....even though you were not there...all the clubs were in the black and making a ton of money...there were no drunk people making of themselves and there were no gang issues...Disney just magically closed down PI for NO REASON AT ALL.....I love living in your fantasy world where facts do not matter......

Well then, you sure showed us.

Drunk people at bars???? That is bizarre.

Gang Violence? Um, do you have any kind of proof to back up such a claim?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well then, you sure showed us.

Drunk people at bars???? That is bizarre.

Gang Violence? Um, do you have any kind of proof to back up such a claim?

Packs of grannies on ECVs roaming throughout DtD, harassing the good folk....

(Sorry, had to channel a little Monty Python there.......)

Mr.EPCOT

Yeah, dude, you definitely don't know what you're talking about. Those were problems that were grossly exaggerated or flat out invented by pixie-dusters who'd refuse to believe that the management responsible for the closure of Pleasure Island is just greedy and incompetent.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
LOL, god i love threads like this because people who were not there...like you are trying to tell people who were there and know the reasons why it closed down that they are wrong. You are wrong and you are spreading lies....I do know what i am talking about...you do not.

All of the Clubs besides the Adventurers club and the Comedy club were in the red and losing money...

Drunk people in the middle of DTD with kids walking around is not what the Disney Company Represents.....

After City Walk cracked down on gangs they started moving over to DTD where it was free to walk around...

Again i am correct...you are wrong....do not post unless you want to speak the truth...

I am right....

Link to an article. Take a pass on the omniscient pratter and link to an actual article that backs you up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom