Changes at DTD

overdrive

Huh?

This is as likely as the AC coming back. Never ever happening.

Here is more of what Disney does NOT want on property and why PI will never return in it's old form......

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9GLS0B80&show_article=1

Your opinion has lost all credibility when it comes to PI, in fact your sounding more and more like a cheap politician. You have no clue what Disney wants at PI and that has become quite clear through this thread. Even Disney doesn't know what it wants in PI yet which is why they are doing a temporary ultra lounge. Disney appears to be moving more toward including Adult freindly establishments and away from your Bold, New strip mall friendly establishments. Yes I understand they probably will not go full on PI 2, but it has more of a possibilty of happening than anything you have thrown out so far. Sorry your lobbying didn't work out for you.

jt04

Your opinion has lost all credibility when it comes to PI, in fact your sounding more and more like a cheap politician. You have no clue what Disney wants at PI and that has become quite clear through this thread. Even Disney doesn't know what it wants in PI yet which is why they are doing a temporary ultra lounge. Disney appears to be moving more toward including Adult freindly establishments and away from your Bold, New strip mall friendly establishments. Yes I understand they probably will not go full on PI 2, but it has more of a possibilty of happening than anything you have thrown out so far. Sorry your lobbying didn't work out for you.

Time will tell won't it?

I had folks cop the same attitude with me concerning the AC reopening. They told me over and over I was wrong about it and it was going to reopen. And these were credible people with a lot more than a few dozen posts and zero track record. Enigma is that you? :lookaroun

What the heck is an "ultra" lounge anyway? :lol:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Some things are just no brainers and my track record is solid. Similar to how I illicit responses from Pumbas at will. :drevil:

I think youll find that my responses coincide with extra high levels of Ertha Kitt emanating from your posts.

I dont normally mock the afflicted by I make an exception in your case.

jt04

I think youll find that my responses coincide with extra high levels of Ertha Kitt emanating from your posts.

I dont normally mock the afflicted by I make an exception in your case.

If you don't know what an "ultra" lounge is then I'm left to conclude there is no such thing and the name is just marketing gimmickry. Since I'm quite certain you are an expert on lounges and just lounging in general.

I don't normally afflict the mocked but in your case it is just plain fun. :wave:

71jason

Better sound systems? I'm pretty sure they have been parceled out across the property.

Even if the systems were still inside the buildings, unless the AC has been left on in the buildings, I can assure you that after two years of non-use the speakers are no good anymore in that humidity.

I heard that about Mannequins (which would be the best building to use), but I figured BET probably still have one, given that they kept the liquor license for a year after it closed.

And actually--they at least left the a/c on in the Adventurers Club. Left the lights on too. You used to be able to see the flags blowing in the breeze.

EDIT: Heard from a friend that BET had a problem with a leaky roof--which led to a serious mold infestation. Might explain it after all.

Pumbas Nakasak

If you don't know what an "ultra" lounge is then I'm left to conclude there is no such thing and the name is just marketing gimmickry. Since I'm quite certain you are an expert on lounges and just lounging in general.

I don't normally afflict the mocked but in your case it is just plain fun. :wave:

I thought your experience was more related to padded cells and cuckoo nests.

Pumbas Nakasak

So its not a lounge frequented by ultras?

295291196_c9447576e7.jpg

jt04

Hmmm, well that is underwhelming. :rolleyes:

So a family leaving the AMC after an early evening show and wanting some ice cream from Ghiadellis or to shop at the Disney store will be forced to navigate the outdoor ultra lounge to do so or be routed through a darkened maze-like pathway or dodge busses and cars in the parking lot. Yeah brilliant.

I did find the human statues interesting and was hoping it was a hint of some new offerings that could appeal to everyone. But who knows at this point. Street vendors would be nice. Should this really be such a tough problem to solve? :shrug: They should just put the ultra lounge inside the AC building.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
This is so dumb. Make PI adults only again. Then build a boardwalk around the waterway behind the clubs for families to navigate to the westside with some kind of family friendly streetmosphere to keep people interested in the walk.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hmmm, well that is underwhelming. :rolleyes:

So a family leaving the AMC after an early evening show and wanting some ice cream from Ghiadellis or to shop at the Disney store will be forced to navigate the outdoor ultra lounge to do so or be routed through a darkened maze-like pathway or dodge busses and cars in the parking lot. Yeah brilliant.

I did find the human statues interesting and was hoping it was a hint of some new offerings that could appeal to everyone. But who knows at this point. Street vendors would be nice. Should this really be such a tough problem to solve? :shrug: They should just put the ultra lounge inside the AC building.
You do realize that adult's actually do go to WDW without kids don't you? Are they a segment of society that you look down upon as lesser and inferior individuals? Should Disney possibly come of with some Jim Crow like laws that would keep those pesky childless subordinates off property or at least relegated to the back of the bus and out of your view?

jt04

This is so dumb. Make PI adults only again. Then build a boardwalk around the waterway behind the clubs for families to navigate to the westside with some kind of family friendly streetmosphere to keep people interested in the walk.

This has potential. I keep thinking about the look of the lower level of the new symphony swings at DCA. A similar boardwalk that runs the length of the island on the lake side with food vendors, "streetmosphere" and shops might just work. Then the more adult offerings would be fully seperated without screwing up traffic flow between west side and the marketplace. Hmmm.

jt04

You do realize that adult's actually do go to WDW without kids don't you? Are they a segment of society that you look down upon as lesser and inferior individuals? Should Disney possibly come of with some Jim Crow like laws that would keep those pesky childless subordinates off property or at least relegated to the back of the bus and out of your view?

No, but not taking into account the needs of the vast majority of Disney's guests proved to be a failure. Nice try Yoda.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Because after all, the vast majority of Disney guests want "ultra" lounges and street mimes....

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
This has potential. I keep thinking about the look of the lower level of the new symphony swings at DCA. A similar boardwalk that runs the length of the island on the lake side with food vendors, "streetmosphere" and shops might just work. Then the more adult offerings would be fully seperated without screwing up traffic flow between west side and the marketplace. Hmmm.

Exactly, it doesn't even have to go as far as having shops. Just vendors, streetmosphere that kind of thing, keep it moderately small to keep the budget reasonable, and we have a working solution to the problem.

jt04

Exactly, it doesn't even have to go as far as having shops. Just vendors, streetmosphere that kind of thing, keep it moderately small to keep the budget reasonable, and we have a working solution to the problem.

I was thinking more about this. They could even build it in floating modular sections off site and float them in and connect them up. This would be relatively inexpensive and these type structures can be made to be very stable. Basically connecting from the hot air balloon ride to the rumored lighthouse.

Solved!

i

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom