Changes at DTD

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So there is still hope. TDO finally admits it made a mistake. :eek::sohappy:

(now to get JT to admit he is wrong...nah ...never happen)

jt04

So there is still hope. TDO finally admits it made a mistake. :eek::sohappy:

(now to get JT to admit he is wrong...nah ...never happen)

The blog where you got this info has "officially" sold out. It used to be purely objective but that appears to be out the window now. They are spinning by offering a few facts mixed with generous amounts of wishful thinking.

The blog even admits its info is dubious.

SeaCastle

The blog where you got this info has "officially" sold out. It used to be purely objective but that appears to be out the window now. They are spinning by offering a few facts mixed with generous amounts of wishful thinking.

jt, you use that blog constantly to back up your unfounded hopes of PI's "bold, new vision". And now suddenly you accuse it of spinning when it tells you something you don't want to hear?

71jason

I don't think that is fair at all. Bob has made no secret he would like to see the clubs--and indeed the entire "PI" concept--re-open. That's why he started the blog in the first place. But he also thinks any type of adult entertainment is a step in the right direction from a bunch of empty buildings and the chicken dance 5 times a night. His point of view has never changed--I don't know how call that "selling out."

As for his information being dubious, he admits it's mostly rumor. And right now, the rumors are contradictory (I heard from multiple sources the waterfront buildings are coming down--he obviously has another source who says differently). Probably because there never was a solid plan--they've been flying by the seat of thier pants for two years now.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I don't think that is fair at all. Bob has made no secret he would like to see the clubs--and indeed the entire "PI" concept--re-open. That's why he started the blog in the first place. But he also thinks any type of adult entertainment is a step in the right direction from a bunch of empty buildings and the chicken dance 5 times a night. His point of view has never changed--I don't know how call that "selling out."

As for his information being dubious, he admits it's mostly rumor. And right now, the rumors are contradictory (I heard from multiple sources the waterfront buildings are coming down--he obviously has another source who says differently). Probably because there never was a solid plan--they've been flying by the seat of thier pants for two years now.

quoted for truth on all points

jt04

You are right "sold out" was a bit strong. I retract it. I'm just disappointed that it appears the blog might be getting spun in a manner we have seen before concerning the future of PI and the AC in particular. The blog has always been very honest and I don't want to see that change.

Personally I don't mind if they put in an adult type lounge. I would just hope that Disney would be smart enough to go with a quieter more sophiticated venue (traditional jazz club?) rather than something that is more boisterous and spills out onto the streets which would only create the problems of the past. Mainly discouraging families from passing through at night.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
You are right "sold out" was a bit strong. I retract it. I'm just disappointed that it appears the blog might be getting spun in a manner we have seen before concerning the future of PI and the AC in particular. The blog has always been very honest and I don't want to see

In other news, Hades has been experiencing a sudden cold snap. Snow and sleet are expected later in the evening....

overdrive

Glad to hear plan A is now dead!!!!!! Lets hope that plan b includes moving curl and the Harley shop off of PI so they can put the gates back up. I think PI 2 needs to totally out do PI 1!!! Blow us away with a totally revamped, state of the art adult nightlife destination.

This can happen just as easily as anything else, because from the looks of it they are starting the planning stage all over from scratch. From the looks of it Adult entertainment is going in as the filler while they figure it out plan B. So if adult entertainment is the filler hopefully plan b will be adult.

Look out here comes a bold and new adult entertainment facility!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well, as much as it pains me. I agree with Jt. PI needs adult entertainment, self contained and preferably themed in a more tasteful manner than some outdoor "lounge" or bloody street mimes, errr living statutes.

Unfortunately, that's what they had before with the AC and other clubs. I think PI is destined to be a bit of a creative wasteland for some time, simply treading water until some of TDO's current and future projects are completed....

jt04

Glad to hear plan A is now dead!!!!!! Lets hope that plan b includes moving curl and the Harley shop off of PI so they can put the gates back up. I think PI 2 needs to totally out do PI 1!!! Blow us away with a totally revamped, state of the art adult nightlife destination.

This can happen just as easily as anything else, because from the looks of it they are starting the planning stage all over from scratch. From the looks of it Adult entertainment is going in as the filler while they figure it out plan B. So if adult entertainment is the filler hopefully plan b will be adult.

Look out here comes a bold and new adult entertainment facility!

Huh?

This is as likely as the AC coming back. Never ever happening.

Here is more of what Disney does NOT want on property and why PI will never return in it's old form......

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9GLS0B80&show_article=1

SeaCastle

Huh?

This is as likely as the AC coming back. Never ever happening.

For someone who admitted to not knowing Disney's plans for Pleasure Island, you seem very positive of its future. Perhaps you should differentiate between fact and your opinion.

jt04

For someone who admitted to not knowing Disney's plans for Pleasure Island, you seem very positive of its future. Perhaps you should differentiate between fact and your opinion.

Some things are just no brainers and my track record is solid. Similar to how I illicit responses from Pumbas at will. :drevil:

71jason

Personally I don't mind if they put in an adult type lounge. I would just hope that Disney would be smart enough to go with a quieter more sophiticated venue (traditional jazz club?) rather than something that is more boisterous and spills out onto the streets which would only create the problems of the past. Mainly discouraging families from passing through at night.

I'm with you here, for a variety of reasons. I don't understand an "outdoor ultralounge" when you have a couple buildings with air conditioning and better sound systems not being used (and, apparently, not being torn down)--who wants an ultralounge with Florida humidity and strollers passing by?

unkadug

Some things are just no brainers and my track record is solid. Similar to how I illicit responses from Pumbas at will. :drevil:

Track record?

• Track record - the record of the performance of a person, organization, etc. as in some activity or on some issue

You have no track record. You aren't even human. You have admitted that frequently. :lol:

unkadug

I'm with you here, for a variety of reasons. I don't understand an "outdoor ultralounge" when you have a couple buildings with air conditioning and better sound systems not being used (and, apparently, not being torn down)--who wants an ultralounge with Florida humidity and strollers passing by?

Better sound systems? I'm pretty sure they have been parceled out across the property.

Even if the systems were still inside the buildings, unless the AC has been left on in the buildings, I can assure you that after two years of non-use the speakers are no good anymore in that humidity.

cdunbar

Track record?

• Track record - the record of the performance of a person, organization, etc. as in some activity or on some issue
You have no track record. You aren't even human. You have admitted that frequently. :lol:
Wait, he's a DROID? :eek: That explains ALOT!:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom