Changes at Chef Mickey's

bgraham34

Do you (or does anyone) know if the policy I stated is accurate, or if it was just a Cast Member having a bad day and/or not wanting to use our camera?

Honestly, as two adults who go by ourselves and always have to ask other patrons to take our pictures at the character breakfasts (with the resulting images being very hit and miss), I won't too much mind this change. As long as they'll use my camera to take the picture for us.

Yeah but you are missing the point. You are paying for a character breakfast. You paid to have the characters come by and you can interact or take pictures of them at your table. Why should you have to pay to get a picture and wait on a line at the front door. Why not just go into ToonTown and meet him there.

Tomi-Rocket

Hmmm.....

Well, I guess we picked the right year to skip Chef Mickey's buffet breakfast next year. After eating there on two consecutive trips I decided we should try something else. I just hope they realize their mistake and return to the original concept of characters visiting the tables. Time will tell...... :shrug:

New2WDW

I don't like the idea. I like Mickey coming around as well as the other characters. I really did not care for the pressure tactics to have to pay for the package that I felt on our first trip. Now I just tell them that we do not want the picture and we skip it and the CM is fine with it.

Man that is a bit of a bummer. We have ADR's in a few weeks and the whole point was to visit Mickey at the table. I hate doing the poised picture because I am very aware there is a line behind me and I don't want to make another family wait longer then neccessary to move on. Not to mention the cost of the stupid picture. Guess we'll make arrangements for my son to meet Mickey somewhere else first...

stewdog1

I'm still waiting for the day when all of the meet and greets will be photo pass only, you know, so line will go faster and be a better quality experience.

Boy do I miss the old Chef Mickey's at Disney Village.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
this is probably some TA manager trying to make a name for himself. I doubt it'll stick. Stuff like this really es me off.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
My thoughts here, I don't know the policy but based on your pictures I would say you have a very expensive camera and maybe that CM didn't want the risk of dropping it or thought they wouldn't know how to use it. I know I would be hesitant to use a camera that I thought cost a lot of money since I would not want to drop it. Maybe that was the case, maybe not but that was my thought about it.

I agree with this sentiment. I would definitely be uncomfortable using someone's obviously very expensive camera, especially if I was inexperience with cameras like it. I don't think it is the policy of the restaurant though.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
This makes me even more certain that THE BEST character breakfasts on property are without a doubt 1: Crystal Palce and 2: 'Ohana :slurp:

carlamouse

Chef Mickey's isn't the only place to eat with Mickey

If Chef Mickey's is going to keep Mickey away from the tables, why not just try another venue. Unless you have a strong desire to see Mickey dressed as a chef, why not try eating with him at Tusker House or Ohana where he still visits at your table? I've done all three for breakfast, and quite frankly, I don't care which venue it is, I just want to see Mickey at my table.:shrug: You can also eat with Mickey for dinner at the Garden Grill.

captainkidd

Which ones did you do?

We really liked the Hollywood & Vine character breakfast and did not like Chef Mickey's at all.

There was WAAAAY more character interaction at H&V than CM.

The characters were out and about almost the entire time as opposed to the single pass you get at CM.

Which way is the Donald breakfast?

We did Cape May Cafe (which had terrible interaction), Chef Mickey's (the same). We had ADR's for Crystal Palace but we ended up skipping it, because we'd had enough.

Crush Dude!

We did Cape May Cafe (which had terrible interaction), Chef Mickey's (the same). We had ADR's for Crystal Palace but we ended up skipping it, because we'd had enough.

Big Mistake Crystal Palace is almost definately THE BEST of all the character meals!!

And AK's donalds breakfast os nice and great to have something in AK but interaction is pretty normal :wave:

mrtoad

How come at some of the character meals the picture is free and part of the package (I think Akershus is one where it comes with it) yet other like CM you need to pay for it? Roll it into the price then you don't need to drum up business for the pic and let him roam around....

The meal costs enough as it is the pic should be included.

Crush Dude!

How come at some of the character meals the picture is free and part of the package (I think Akershus is one where it comes with it) yet other like CM you need to pay for it? Roll it into the price then you don't need to drum up business for the pic and let him roam around....

The meal costs enough as it is the pic should be included.

Because the costs of those meals, namely; CRT and Akershus have the cost of the pic more than included in the meal cost

captainkidd

Big Mistake Crystal Palace is almost definately THE BEST of all the character meals!!

And AK's donalds breakfast os nice and great to have something in AK but interaction is pretty normal :wave:

We've always done it in the past. We just decided this time, it's not worth it. For the 5 of us, it runs me about $100 with tip. We can have a much better breakfast at Whispering Canyon or Kona for half the price, and not deal with the frustration of not seeing all the characters.

Crush Dude!

We've always done it in the past. We just decided this time, it's not worth it. For the 5 of us, it runs me about $100 with tip. We can have a much better breakfast at Whispering Canyon or Kona for half the price, and not deal with the frustration of not seeing all the characters.
Yeah i see your point now, my free dining trip must be fogging mu opinion :ROFLOL:

forevermickey

My thoughts here, I don't know the policy but based on your pictures I would say you have a very expensive camera and maybe that CM didn't want the risk of dropping it or thought they wouldn't know how to use it. I know I would be hesitant to use a camera that I thought cost a lot of money since I would not want to drop it. Maybe that was the case, maybe not but that was my thought about it.
I just read on PhotoPass website that you can even ask the photo pass photographer to take a picture with your camera! ANY Cast Member I have encountered is always ready and willing to take a picture with a guests camera.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom