Changes at Chef Mickey's

DisneyNut2007

Planned on going to Chef Mickey's next Sep. but now will have to rethink this. LAME TDO!

For the last time, people. STOP BLAMING TDO FOR EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS AT WDW!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The OP already stated that it was a Chef Mickey's manager who decided to do this, so don't start.

P.S.: Stop forgetting that we're still in the middle of an economic recession here, so they're going to need all the money they can get in order to invest in future projects and stuff! Think before you talk, folks. Think before you talk!

zurgandfriend

The family picture by the big cereal bowl was bad enough, now this! The last time we ate there the cast member who took our picture was totally bored with the whole process. The pictures where horrible and we didn’t accept them.
I’m starting to think the Ferengi have taken over WDW. The other night DS was watching a rerun of one of the Star Trek series and I heard a Ferengi say,
"Welcome to our home. Please place your thumbprint on the legal waivers and deposit your admission fee in the slot by the door.
I almost fell over.

drew81

Original Poster
This is supposedly a test, but I heard it will stay. Maybe if enough people don't like it and complain they'll change it.

WDWFigment

If I recall correctly, the Cast Member who took our picture in front of the big cereal bowl was reluctant to do so with our cameras, saying something about "policy." First, is that even true (we've only been once, so it very well may have just been the CM)? Second, if it is true that policy prohibits using guest cameras to take pictures there, presumably to make more money selling pictures, is that also the case at the photo op with Mickey?

I'm sure this test will become common place. Even if enough "regulars" boycott, that restaurant is so popular that non-regulars will fill the void and not know anything is different. Complaints likely won't make any difference if profits increase.

drew81

Original Poster
If I recall correctly, the Cast Member who took our picture in front of the big cereal bowl was reluctant to do so with our cameras, saying something about "policy." First, is that even true (we've only been once, so it very well may have just been the CM)? Second, if it is true that policy prohibits using guest cameras to take pictures there, presumably to make more money selling pictures, is that also the case at the photo op with Mickey?

I'm sure this test will become common place. Even if enough "regulars" boycott, that restaurant is so popular that non-regulars will fill the void and not know anything is different. Complaints likely won't make any difference if profits increase.

I believe Mickey has been added to the photo spot that you're talking about. Those photos weren't selling enough on their own. An entertainment manager decided to stick Mickey at that location so they could sell more photos.

captainkidd

As if I needed another reason to skip character meals going forward. We did 3 on the last trip, and the majority of characters spent about 8 seconds at our table. Complete waste of money.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
That's too bad. When they had that silly cutout thing we never even bothered to take a picture in front of it, let alone thought about buying one. Now they are stealing Mickey from the tables and depositing him in the lobby, that reeks of greed. It takes out the anticipation and excitement of seeing Mickey come to greet your table. Bad move by that manager.

Davfen

After many many visits to WDW, next week I will be having my first breakfast at Chef Mickey - always wanted todo it, but never had....gutted that I will have to wait in a line for MM - it's so much fun having them come to your table......:(

captainkidd

Well maybe they'd sell more pictures if the prices weren't so ridiculous. Or if they put it on photopass instead of hitting you up while you're trying to eat.

Bingo.

Those glossy pieces of paper cost about $.10 a sheet. They could charge $5.00 for an 8x10, and make 50 times the cost back.

WDWFigment

I believe Mickey has been added to the photo spot that you're talking about. Those photos weren't selling enough on their own. An entertainment manager decided to stick Mickey at that location so they could sell more photos.

Do you (or does anyone) know if the policy I stated is accurate, or if it was just a Cast Member having a bad day and/or not wanting to use our camera?

Honestly, as two adults who go by ourselves and always have to ask other patrons to take our pictures at the character breakfasts (with the resulting images being very hit and miss), I won't too much mind this change. As long as they'll use my camera to take the picture for us.

forevermickey

That would cause me to possibly not book there, my daughter loves Mickey coming to the table- not good idea in my opinion--- and for higher photo sales. that makes me warm and fuzzy inside!:dazzle:

BrerFrog

When I went there the CM taking pictures used my camera without any objection, he was happy to do so. I wonder if he got in trouble. :shrug:

Korfar

Do you (or does anyone) know if the policy I stated is accurate, or if it was just a Cast Member having a bad day and/or not wanting to use our camera?

Honestly, as two adults who go by ourselves and always have to ask other patrons to take our pictures at the character breakfasts (with the resulting images being very hit and miss), I won't too much mind this change. As long as they'll use my camera to take the picture for us.

My thoughts here, I don't know the policy but based on your pictures I would say you have a very expensive camera and maybe that CM didn't want the risk of dropping it or thought they wouldn't know how to use it. I know I would be hesitant to use a camera that I thought cost a lot of money since I would not want to drop it. Maybe that was the case, maybe not but that was my thought about it.

kapeman

As if I needed another reason to skip character meals going forward. We did 3 on the last trip, and the majority of characters spent about 8 seconds at our table. Complete waste of money.

Which ones did you do?

We really liked the Hollywood & Vine character breakfast and did not like Chef Mickey's at all.

There was WAAAAY more character interaction at H&V than CM.

The characters were out and about almost the entire time as opposed to the single pass you get at CM.

Which way is the Donald breakfast?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom