Chances of TRON attraction now that movie is out?

misterID

I don't think TRON will need a huge box office to get a ride. And a box office won't sway anyone in wanting to ride a cool ride, which its supposed to be.

I'm pretty positive DL will get a TRON ride in the next big DL expansion. A TRON ride hasn't just been planned for a while, but a TL expansion for DL has been planned for a long time. And I got a feeling the TRON ride is seen as THE big attraction for that expansion.

devoy1701

I don't think TRON will need a huge box office to get a ride. And a box office won't sway anyone in wanting to ride a cool ride, which its supposed to be.

I'm pretty positive DL will get a TRON ride in the next big DL expansion. A TRON ride hasn't just been planned for a while, but a TL expansion for DL has been planned for a long time. And I got a feeling the TRON ride is seen as THE big attraction for that expansion.

I think you're right. I don't think that the movie needs to be widely popular for people to want to ride the attraction. The new movie and the heavy advertising is just helping to make the franchise familiar again. The attraction can stand on it's own merits to become a widely popular and amazing theme park attraction.

That's not to say that I don't think Tron will have a fairly successful ride at the Box Office...I'm going to see this Friday I think. Though no one answered my question about whether IMAX 3d (non dome) or RealD 3D was a better format to watch the movie in...

JimboJones123

+$6 mil monday.

If it averages $5 T-W-Th, that is $65 heading into the weekend, with Gulliver not taking away 3D screens until Saturday's opening. I'd say that the race to $100 mil by the end of next weekend is possible. Slight, but possible.

Future Guy

At least they could turn the PeopleMover tunnel through Buzz Lightyear into a speed tunnel, project the lightcycle battle onto it, and call it "WEDWay PeopleMover Thru The World of TRON"

stitch2008

I think you're right. I don't think that the movie needs to be widely popular for people to want to ride the attraction. The new movie and the heavy advertising is just helping to make the franchise familiar again. The attraction can stand on it's own merits to become a widely popular and amazing theme park attraction.

That's not to say that I don't think Tron will have a fairly successful ride at the Box Office...I'm going to see this Friday I think. Though no one answered my question about whether IMAX 3d (non dome) or RealD 3D was a better format to watch the movie in...

IMAX 3D. It's amazing.

Edeyore

Decided for yourself

I have seen the movie. It is worth seeing. Go and see it and decide for yourself. Critics are as often wrong as they are right. Don't let someone else tell you what you will enjoy.

If they were to somehow make a ride from the movie, there are definitely elements from the film that would lend themselves to a nice dark ride.

Either way you decide.

JimboJones123

I have seen the movie. It is worth seeing. Go and see it and decide for yourself. Critics are as often wrong as they are right. Don't let someone else tell you what you will enjoy.

If they were to somehow make a ride from the movie, there are definitely elements from the film that would lend themselves to a nice dark ride.

Either way you decide.

This post wins.

JimboJones123

Either way you decide.

8% on Rotten Tomatoes

Way to go Fockers!

Could that have just made Tron an extra $2 million?

JimboJones123

$6.3 mil Tuesday for Tron! $56.5 million total!

I would have thought Tuesday's number would have dropped!

I think word of mouth may start pulling in those that hesitated --

JimboJones123

More good news -- the big Christmas snowstorm across the Midwest and Northeast has started to be deleted off many big city forcasts.

Originally predicting 2-14 inches may turn into a dusting of lake effect only. Get those movie goers out on the roads!

JimboJones123

More good news -- the big Christmas snowstorm across the Midwest and Northeast has started to be deleted off many big city forcasts.

Originally predicting 2-14 inches may turn into a dusting of lake effect only. Get those movie goers out on the roads!

Strike that weather report. East may get slammed, affecting up to 1/4 of the population.

parker4fm

decent replacement for Captain EO

We all know that Captain EO will have to be replaced soon. And I definitely do not want to see HISTA return. A TRON experience into the grid would be a great 3D attraction that could easily fit into where EO is now in both parks...

T-1MILLION

Thanks for the info.

I was actually - that was a new type of creature and the presence of the "Fish People" were explained in the plot of the movie.

I obviously haven't seen Pirates 4 so I don't know how the zombies are going to play a part. I never saw Indiana Jones Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, but I know that many complained about the inexplicable addition of aliens to that story - my hope is that zombies aren't just inserted into the film for the sake of adding zombies.

Zombies are just people in a trance as far as origin of the term in many cultures. The term is used a lot in old 'voodoo.' It is not nearly as outlandish and insane that the second and third movies got in mythology.

As far as Tron making enough and being popular enough to have an attraction based on it...does it really matter? Even if it was (which it does not look like it is going to be) Disney parks only build attractions when attendance seems to be flat or calls for it. It is how we got the fantasyland expansion due to the lot of national and worldwide attention going to Potter.

With inflation in check they will be lucky if Tron is domestically as popular as Enchanted, put that in perspective.

ionbyte

With inflation in check they will be lucky if Tron is domestically as popular as Enchanted, put that in perspective.

Actually, Tron has already made about half of Enchanted's domestic box office in less than 1 week of release so don't count it out just yet.

BEGIN RANT: I don't really understand why the Disney community is being so critical/pessimistic about Tron's box office success. :mad: I find it a little hypocritical that these criticisms are targeted only at Tron when we could very well apply them to Tangled as well but instead Tangled is hailed as a success. In fact, if we applied this same logic to Tangled, it should be labeled as a flop taking into consideration that it is the 2nd most expensive film ever made and also that it won't make back it's budget solely from it's domestic run. (Personally, I liked both films and think they are both great successes for Disney) END OF RANT

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom