Chances of TRON attraction now that movie is out?

Figments Friend

-

I would think Disney would be interested in duplicating ElecTRONica's success on another property, given it seems both Guests, PHers', and TDO are happy with the imput and profits coming in at the CA one.

I can easily see this fitting in somewhere within WDW, Hollywood Studios would be my first choice for placement. It fits the movie theme, and insures Guests must enter a Park to enjoy it. Placing it in DTD would fit too, but i would think Disney would be more interested in having a additonal attraction/entertainment option at DHS instead.

Either way, i truly hope this does migrate eventually to the East Coast. It is cool...gives the adults a buzz, and is promoting a franchise Disney is trying to get going. Plus...it makes all us serious TRON geeks HAPPY and GIDDY!!!

:animwink:

I love Tron...and Tron: Legacy too.

By the way, is the Tronorail still speeding around the Epcot beam these days?

flavious27

-

I would think Disney would be interested in duplicating ElecTRONica's success on another property, given it seems both Guests, PHers', and TDO are happy with the imput and profits coming in at the CA one.

I can easily see this fitting in somewhere within WDW, Hollywood Studios would be my first choice for placement. It fits the movie theme, and insures Guests must enter a Park to enjoy it. Placing it in DTD would fit too, but i would think Disney would be more interested in having a additonal attraction/entertainment option at DHS instead.

Either way, i truly hope this does migrate eventually to the East Coast. It is cool...gives the adults a buzz, and is promoting a franchise Disney is trying to get going. Plus...it makes all us serious TRON geeks HAPPY and GIDDY!!!

:animwink:

I love Tron...and Tron: Legacy too.

By the way, is the Tronorail still speeding around the Epcot beam these days?

well a tron land would need to have a ride of some sort, flynn's and elc. elctronica could be held in the common area.

While we are at it, there could be a celebration type of event in a star wars land next to it.

Since1976

I re-watched TRON LEGACY on Blu-ray on a large screen last night. The first shots of Sam Flynn in the world of The Grid just screamed "THEME PARK ATTRACTION!" to me. The grand, sweeping vistas (as when the Recognizers fly toward the cityscape) would simply be magnificent translated into a 3-D movie-ride combination, a la "Spider-Man" and "HP and the Forbidden Journey" at IOA. I really do hope Disney has some big ideas like this ready for TRON, and they are not waiting-and-seeing too long on deciding to move forward.

wizards8507

I re-watched TRON LEGACY on Blu-ray on a large screen last night. The first shots of Sam Flynn in the world of The Grid just screamed "THEME PARK ATTRACTION!" to me. The grand, sweeping vistas (as when the Recognizers fly toward the cityscape) would simply be magnificent translated into a 3-D movie-ride combination, a la "Spider-Man" and "HP and the Forbidden Journey" at IOA. I really do hope Disney has some big ideas like this ready for TRON, and they are not waiting-and-seeing too long on deciding to move forward.

I agree. TRON has the kind of unique "world" that could sustain an attraction regardless of how popular the movies were.

Figments Friend

The tronorail is still active! Finally got to ride it on our last trip a few weeks ago.

Thank you friend for this confirmation!

:sohappy:

Considering the new animated TRON series is starting this Autumn, i hope Disney keeps the 'Tronorail' rezzing around EPCOT until the end of the year.

:D

Animaniac93-98

Suprising news from the-numbers.com, they're starting to track Blu-ray sales which means we have real numbers to work with now! As of May 1st TRON:Legacy has sold 1,329,461 Blu-ray copies with $32,100,234 in sales revenue.

Combined DVD and Blu-ray sales according to the site as of May 1st is 2,603,434 copies and $52,961,560 in sales revenue.

flavious27

Suprising news from the-numbers.com, they're starting to track Blu-ray sales which means we have real numbers to work with now! As of May 1st TRON:Legacy has sold 1,329,461 Blu-ray copies with $32,100,234 in sales revenue.

Combined DVD and Blu-ray sales according to the site as of May 1st is 2,603,434 copies and $52,961,560 in sales revenue.

Looks interesting, though their numbers are estimates. I would like to see the numbers hit 75 million or more after christmas. I think it would be smart if disney had best buy use clips of tron legacy in their home theater testing rooms.

flavious27

There is much that can be done with what the creative team on tron legacy has done. It seems like the majority of us will want a lightcycle ride attraction, but the arcades can be used in different ways pre and post show. I can see flynn's being part of an interactive queue, with flynn's work area being the loading area. The unloading area and gift shop can be the flynn's inside the grid.

lebeau

Tron 3 just got new writers. That's a good sign that Disney is committed to the franchise. Although the next movie might veer off in a new direction with new writers and possibly a new director.

What this means for the chance of a Tron attraction at WDW, I have no idea. Probably not much.

tl77

I heard a rumor that a Tron 3-D movie might be a possible replacement in the Captain E-O Theaters, but that was strictly rumor/speculation... but not a bad idea though

DocMcHulk

I heard a rumor that a Tron 3-D movie might be a possible replacement in the Captain E-O Theaters, but that was strictly rumor/speculation... but not a bad idea though

I like that idea a lot. My idea has been to replace Buzz in Tomorrowland with some sort of a Tron attraction. Maybe something along the lines of TSMM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom