News Celebrate Gospel!, Tale of the Lion King and more entertainment to return in 2022

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh boy, so much entertainment, so little information!

anyone have the scoop on dates yet? Are they rehearsing and parades or shows yet?

There were recent casting calls for Tale of the Lion King that included this -

Rehearsal begins late April 2022
Opening Early Summer 2022

TP2000

Interesting.

I have to assume that they can't release a timeline publicly yet because they need California to end the State Of Emergency and drop all Covid requirements. I just can't imagine how they could do Fantasmic! at Disneyland with any sort of Covid crowd requirement. I truly don't envy them, or any business, trying to guess and plan for that.

Although, the news today from Governor Newsom about no more mask requirements at SoFi Stadium for the Super Bowl is good news. We're on the way back!

Disney Analyst

I have to assume that they can't release a timeline publicly yet because they need California to end the State Of Emergency and drop all Covid requirements. I just can't imagine how they could do Fantasmic! at Disneyland with any sort of Covid crowd requirement. I truly don't envy them, or any business, trying to guess and plan for that.

Although, the news today from Governor Newsom about no more mask requirements at SoFi Stadium for the Super Bowl is good news. We're on the way back!

It's gotta be sooner then later with the entire stage under refurb now, and fountains removed to be either replaced or cleaned offsite then re-installed.

They won't do a ton of work then let it sit. (And I mean... they are already doing fireworks with crowds, so do they really care?)

TP2000

They won't do a ton of work then let it sit. (And I mean... they are already doing fireworks with crowds, so do they really care?)

Oh, good point on the fireworks.

I guess I just assume there are extra rules for "viewing areas" and "stage shows". Whereas you could just claim the fireworks were up in the air without a stage or specific viewing area, even though we all know everyone packs onto Main Street to see them.

I'll have to look later to see if Sacramento still has any Covid "guidelines" for stuff like Fantasmic! on the books.

jrhwdw

It's gotta be sooner then later with the entire stage under refurb now, and fountains removed to be either replaced or cleaned offsite then re-installed.

Oh, good point on the fireworks.

I guess I just assume there are extra rules for "viewing areas" and "stage shows". Whereas you could just claim the fireworks were up in the air without a stage or specific viewing area, even though we all know everyone packs onto Main Street to see them.

I'll have to look later to see if Sacramento still has any Covid "guidelines" for stuff like Fantasmic! on the books.
How long do we think this Referb will take? Granted tomorrow's only Feb 1 but was DL aiming for Spring or was it Summer 2022 all along?

Would be nice if DL changed to DL Forever and return MSEP in Spring!

As of COVID and Entertainment......DL got though Christmas 2021 with ACF and Believe. So, we should be good for MSEP/DL Forever/MH(maybe???) Sounds like DHS is not gong to spacing audience for F! so, DL should be the same?

Disney Analyst

How long do we think this Referb will take? Granted tomorrow's only Feb 1 but was DL aiming for Spring or was it Summer 2022 all along?

Would be nice if DL changed to DL Forever and return MSEP in Spring!

As of COVID and Entertainment......DL got though Christmas 2021 with ACF and Believe. So, we should be good for MSEP/DL Forever/MH(maybe???) Sounds like DHS is not gong to spacing audience for F! so, DL should be the same?

I would assume they may want it up for Spring Break? But not sure if they are even in rehearsal yet.

Mickeyboof

My guess, or hope rather, is sometime after valentines a lengthy Disney blog article will be posted, with any hope of entertainment being a plus to the Food and Wine festival. There so much programming happening today, tomorrow and the days after, it’s safe to assume they’re content with the current slate. Come two weeks from now the typical pressure will resume to entice guests who are on the fence. Like me.

TP2000

Sounds like DHS is not gong to spacing audience for F! so, DL should be the same?

But DHS has a Shamu Stadium style bleachers setup for their Fantasmic!

Disneyland is sitting on the ground, or roped pens full of standing room packed like sardines. I just don't know how you enforce Social Distancing when it's nothing but a horde of people standing in roped off pens.

TP2000

Didnt see that anyone posted dates.

I really loved this event when I saw it a few years in a row in that DCA warehouse oddly themed to a snowbound Scandinavian village.

But I love that they've expanded it to the Grand lobby, etc., etc. Southern California has so many wonderful jazz and gospel groups at our disposal, bravo to TDA for tapping into that vibrant local culture and incredible talent base!

I say that admittedly as a monthly donation contributor and frequent listener of KJZZ FM 88.1 from Long Beach. Truly one of the greatest jazz radio stations on the planet, and obviously the best one in the USA. Prove me wrong!

Emmanuel

World of Color platforms is submerged once again. Hopefully a step back to the show returning.

Think i read somewhere that they're testing the fountains when the park is closed. Next step is reinstalling the projectors in those structures that rotted during the closures so hopefully those aren't far off since the scaffolding is placed around where they are located at in between the ferris wheel and fountain platform

255726_1842143129163_8119270_n.jpg

TP2000

World of Color platforms is submerged once again. Hopefully a step back to the show returning.

My fear is that it's only for this weekend's broadcasts by ESPN for the Super Bowl, with the lagoon as its backdrop.

TDA no longer cares that tens of thousands of paying customers have to look at that mess every day for months on end, but when ESPN shows up to broadcast to its dwindling TV audience they suddenly remember where the switch is to lower the platforms. :rolleyes:

DLR-22_0211-C-DCAUpdates-0010.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom