Catch a falling star.. 7/18

Spyne

Awesome pics, thanks so much!

Well I guess that answered my question in the "7/18 Wand Watch: The Star is gone!" thread of where that blinking red aviation light went.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
It's like modern art - I call it "Misplaced Star"

tall1.jpg

Anywho.. other shots from around the park..

wides12.jpg

And more..

wides14.jpg

I know, repetative, but i tried to be thorough..

wides13.jpg

Closer up..

wides15.jpg

And even closer...

wides16.jpg

cymbaldiva

WOW!!!

The pictures are absolutely amazing!!! So much new desktop material I have no idea where to begin!

:sohappy: happy dance :sohappy:

As for the size - yup - noticed awhile ago in pictures that the giant hand took a lot away from the structure, so now that it is coming down SSE will once again appear larger :)

plpeters70

Wow, just by this picture I noticed something. As the wand structure slowly goes away, Spaceship Earth looks much larger now as it used to be. Anybody else notice this?

I was just going to say that myself. The wand really ruined the scale of Spaceship Earth and made it look so much smaller. I can't wait until it's the tallest thing in Epcot once again!!!

And merf - thanks for the pics. They're great!!! :sohappy:

plpeters70

Entrance...

wides2.jpg

This picture is a good example of why those LAL stones should be removed and the pictures put elsewhere. Look at how uneven they are - and they don't even follow the curve of the stones - looks strange. Plus, they didn't fill them all up and now that they've stopped selling them, probably never will.

Actually, that's what gives me the most hope that their time is almost up. I doubt Disney will leave them in that unfinished form permanently.

Eyorefan

I wish they would go ahead and take the stars off of SSE. They are probably saving that for last, but I think those bother me more than the wand did, and now that the wand is shinking, you can see them a lot better.

As far as LaL goes... I think it should be removed, but I just had a thought. If they do move all those tiles somewhere else, would that have to send out notices to the people who bought them so that they would know where/how to find their pictures again? That would be a pain.

RiversideBunny

RE: This picture is a good example of why those LAL stones should be removed and the pictures put elsewhere. Look at how uneven they are - and they don't even follow the curve of the stones - looks strange.
___

Did you ever see some WWII pictures of the 'dragons teeth' tank obstacles along the Siegfried line in Germany?
These remind me of them.

:)

WDWFigment

Seeing last night's progress leads me to believe that within a month there will be a SSE that is completely free of wand and stars. The landscaping will not all be done, but I'll bet this will be 'photo op' worthy by then.

Thanks for the pictures, Merf. You're the best wand paparazzi.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Originally posted by Eyorefan:
I wish they would go ahead and take the stars off of SSE. They are probably saving that for last, but I think those bother me more than the wand did, and now that the wand is shinking, you can see them a lot better.

I agree--and I never realized there were SO MANY of them!! Somehow, amidst all of the stars on the wand and the wave, it didn't seem as if there were that many actually attached to the surface of the geosphere, and look, it's littered with them!!

RiversideBunny

They may have to get the wand out of the way first so they can get the crane, etc. close enough to the sphere to remove the stars.

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom