Castle Refurb in DL paris

Toni25

That’s the original plan for the area. The Indy EMV evolved from that.
I know, I am a fan of the original idea with the Jungle Jeep ride concept, as it could integrate both Indiana Jones temple sequences as well as the jungle cruise aspect of it, as well as integrating the coaster. It all makes perfect sense.

I wonder what they could do to enhance the original park and add new rides?
For me it would maybe be space mountain mission 3 Jules Verne themed. Expansion of Jules Verne area with Journey to the center of the earth by demolishing autopia. Replace Buzz with something in theme. Something also has to be done about the old pizza planet captain eo area. Fantasyland maybe big Merlin ride with mystic point elements (based on the old animated movie mixed with TA Barron adaption that should be in the works at Disney) or Beauty and the beast ride. Frontierland Geysir Mountain maybe although similar to ToT. Adventureland Indiana Jones Expansion makes the most sense.
Everything else Runaway Railway, Tron, Pandora, Cars, Avengers E Ticket should probably go to WDSP or a third gate.

coruscant

Scaffolds have come down tonight on the top tower. Looks like the roofs might be darker than they were before. But also the castle looks more pink than before. At least the top tower.
Pictures from InsideDlpCastle:

1621515147408.png

1621515210118.png
1621515284624.png

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Scaffolds have come down tonight on the top tower. Looks like the roofs might be darker than they were before. But also the castle looks more pink than before. At least the top tower.
Pictures from InsideDlpCastle:

View attachment 559034

View attachment 559035View attachment 559036
Both the blue and the pink have definitely been pushed up, as seen here in (what I believe to be) the official concept art:
screen-shot-2020-12-18-at-10-02-14-pm-png.519474

Compare that to this one for the 2011 refurbishment (posted on the left of the new concept art):
EbCzJAXXkAA-TEb.jpg

IMDREW

Both the blue and the pink have definitely been pushed up, as seen here in (what I believe to be) the official concept art:
screen-shot-2020-12-18-at-10-02-14-pm-png.519474

Compare that to this one for the 2011 refurbishment (posted on the left of the new concept art):
EbCzJAXXkAA-TEb.jpg
The castle colors were pretty perfect as they were imo, but I’m excited to see how she’ll look when its done. Hope they stay away from the sunburned look they accepted in Orlando though.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
The castle colors were pretty perfect as they were imo, but I’m excited to see how she’ll look when its done. Hope they stay away from the sunburned look they accepted in Orlando though.
Here's a comparison of the older paint scheme and the new one for the main tower. From the looks of it, it's definitely leaning towards Anaheim castle's newest color scheme (which I personally don't mind) and not Orlando's rose-gold/sunburned look (thankfully).

Here's what the castle looked like in 2011 after its repainting for the 20th anniversary.
4810_1.jpg

Last edited:

IMDREW

Only thing Im thinking is, the colors gradually get lighter as we get higher up right? Well, if thats the “lightest” pink, the bottom is gonna be very popping. Not saying thats a bad thing.

Markiewong

So when is the weather nice in Paris? Lol

We are coming August 2022 if they ever release packages.
July and August tend to fluctuate between 25/30 degrees celsius. Paris also doesn’t have a single water attraction, so you won’t gain anything from the heath 🤷🏻‍♂️. May/June would be the best time to go, before the summer vacation, heat and the park is open until eleven.

ToTBellHop

August usually has warm weather (but not Orlando warm!)

August can be burning hot like 40 degrees in the middle of the day (if you get unlucky) and France just isn't designed for it. But if you want good weather it's the time to go. That or July.

Personally I prefer the winter when it is cold. 😅
We routinely travel to Florida in the summer (going later this month; usually come in August), so we can handle heat! We are going from Paris to Barcelona for a cruise to Italy. It was scheduled for August 2020. Then August 2021. Now August 2022. Third time’s a charm? Silver lining will be the 30th celebration.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
If you are used to Orlando, you’ll figure out ways to deal with the heat if there is a heatwave. Where I am, heatwaves are less frequent in August than in July. Sounds like it will be an awesome trip so I hope that third time really is the charm 😊

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom