Castle Refurb in DL paris

cjkeating

It's been a long time coming so great to hear... from the visuals show in the video and based on how the 'Experience Enhancement Plan' tends to rebuild attractions with minimal changes to opening day standards I don't expect we'll see any horrific colour palette changes or weird embellishments... looking at you MK and DL!

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I hope Disneyland Park in Paris will get an Expansion too, just like Walt Disney Studios is getting an Expansion since announced in 2018.
As long as that expansion will actually benefit the park long-term by giving Paris unique attractions that aren't found in Florida for once and/or increasing the current lands' footprints instead of creating mini-lands (looking at you, Toontown rumors), I'd be glad for one especially since it's been a long time coming. New Fantasyland, anyone?

EPCOTCenterLover

As long as that expansion will actually benefit the park long-term by giving Paris unique attractions that aren't found in Florida for once and/or increasing the current lands' footprints instead of creating mini-lands (looking at you, Toontown rumors), I'd be glad for one especially since it's been a long time coming. New Fantasyland, anyone?
I think their Fantasyland is beautiful and unique. More water elements, the maze, the unique European buildings- in particular the gelato place. The arcade from Fantasyland to Adventureland. If I'd add anything to it all, it would be something that adds to the existing style.

Animaniac93-98

Does that mean no Runaway Railway in Fantasyland for the foreseeable?

I could live with that. Felt to me like an odd fit.

It's also kind of an odd fit even in Toontown at DLR, despite it being the most logical place, because the rest of the land is based on the look of cartoons from the 40s (when Roger Rabbit takes place) and not the current Mickey shorts.

yensidtlaw1969

It's also kind of an odd fit even in Toontown at DLR, despite it being the most logical place, because the rest of the land is based on the look of cartoons from the 40s (when Roger Rabbit takes place) and not the current Mickey shorts.
I agree - It doesn't help that I feel like Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin is a superior attraction. I was a bit more enthused about it coming to DLR when it was rumored to be coming to Hollywood Land at DCA.

I would probably prefer MMRR in DSP over DLP as well, too.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
There will also be a continuity issue if the preshow (as seen in DHS) isn't changed for DLR. It works for the Chinese Theatre in DHS, but I still unconvinced of how will that work in DLR's El Capitoon Theatre.

I agree - It doesn't help that I feel like Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin is a superior attraction. I was a bit more enthused about it coming to DLR when it was rumored to be coming to Hollywood Land at DCA.

I would probably prefer MMRR in DSP over DLP as well, too.
I agree with the WDSP placement. There's an opportunity to either clone DLR's El Capitoon Theatre in Toon Studios and have it still be thematically correct (because where else would you have the films worked on by the characters premiere in?), or give the ride a new facade entirely (Carthay Circle, perhaps? Strong connection to WDA and all, hosting the premieres of Snow White and Fantasia).

cjkeating

Yep. To the right of the parade gate at iasw (at the bypass path entrance) where the suspended Mermaid ride was originally meant to go.
Ahhh... a slightly different position to what I thought. I thought it was beyond the railroad berm but this places it within and taking over the bypass path?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom