Castle Refurb in DL paris

cjkeating

The new plans for DSP are long overdue. I am rooting for the new park. It might actually be a nice little park some 20 years later!
Yes... if all goes to plan I feel like Disneyland Paris will have a great balance between an amazing castle park that has remained pure/faithful to it's intentions (with the exception of Buzz and when HSM does eventually go away) whilst WDSP will be full of the modern style mini-lands.

We've avoided having a Frozen Land tacked onto the back of Fantasyland or Star Wars or Marvel placed into Discoveryland.

It will also allow the parks to have separate identifies which the Florida parks with the exception of AK are losing.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
unfortunately I think your friend is right. Any next show at the castle will have less fireworks being launched from the castle itself. Both Dreams and Illuminations have damaged a lot the castle in the recent years. Unless they can come up with any sort of new launch system that will not create the same problems as these two shows, they will focus more on projections on the castle and fireworks launched from the roofs of fantasyland.
I think that might be a problem due to the shape of the castle in Paris. While the others, even the one at Disneyland have large balconies that can launch some fireworks, the one in Paris has all the towers very close together and so it's easy to get damaged.

As for Illuminations vs Dreams, I agree, bring Dreams back again. A much better show IMHO.
Paris has the rear balcony where others do not as much. Tokyo is much more aggressive with castle launchers

Also remember FitS - for all its faults - had more pyro off the rooftops than the total amount in Dreams or IllumiNations.

Bonbondisney

I remember visiting DSP months after it opened and being horrified that after exiting the indoor entrance studio building that I could stand in that one spot and seeing the ENTIRE park. If you looked to the left and right you saw every building that was in the parks boundaries. All on back pavement- one level.

I was told by a women on the RER from Paris that the Studio “had no imagination”.

The new plans for DSP are long overdue. I am rooting for the new park. It might actually be a nice little park some 20 years later!
I adore Palace de Remy though and love the the theming

coruscant

Paris has the rear balcony where others do not as much. Tokyo is much more aggressive with castle launchers

Also remember FitS - for all its faults - had more pyro off the rooftops than the total amount in Dreams or IllumiNations.
Indeed you are right about the rooftops. I was not talking about the pyro placed there.
What I was thinking was the pyro launched from the castle itself. Although you are right about the rear balcony, I still think that because the towers are much closer than Cinderella Castle, it might be more difficult to launch pyro from the castle without damaging it. Think about the daytime shows at the Magic Kingdom. They have that big area on both sides of the tower with the clock where they can put the pyro. Paris doesn't have that. Anyhow just some thoughts and I might be completely wrong as I don't understand that much about pyro (although I'm a chemist ahah). Let's see what they come up with for the 30th

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
What I was thinking was the pyro launched from the castle itself. Although you are right about the rear balcony, I still think that because the towers are much closer than Cinderella Castle, it might be more difficult to launch pyro from the castle without damaging it. Think about the daytime shows at the Magic Kingdom. They have that big area on both sides of the tower with the clock where they can put the pyro. Paris doesn't have that.
Trying to recall Dreams and Illuminations, I think any fireworks shot off the castle is near the topmost window where the star emerges. I remember during Jungle Book Jive, colored powdered smoke was shot off near that window to great effect. There's also the numerous "glitter fireworks" (Catherine wheels, sparklers, etc) distributed among the towers, and of course, the isopar flame jets.

Indy_UK

Even after the studios expansion for Frozen and Star Wars, I can’t help but think the layout is going to be a maze

coruscant

New pieces of the castle being delivered today.

1613070104008.png

J4546

Original Poster
i dont think it will be too maze like, it will have 1 dead end in marvel land, but the pathway to the lake and toystory land all connect, shouldnt be too bad. My thing is, even after all the work, they will only really be adding 2 more rides in total. And DSP will still probably be one of the worst disney parks, but it wont still be objectively bad. It will be a great sister park to DLP. They havent been showing star wars land in the newest concepts so maybe they are puching that back or outright changing it. I think they should. I think instead of Star Wars and Frozen, the lake whould have all european castle princess lands around it. 1 Frozen land just like they planned, 1 beauty and the beast land, and 1 other earoland....something they havent made before perhaps, like Brave land? Whatever it is, have it take place in europe.

wdrive

i dont think it will be too maze like, it will have 1 dead end in marvel land, but the pathway to the lake and toystory land all connect, shouldnt be too bad. My thing is, even after all the work, they will only really be adding 2 more rides in total. And DSP will still probably be one of the worst disney parks, but it wont still be objectively bad. It will be a great sister park to DLP. They havent been showing star wars land in the newest concepts so maybe they are puching that back or outright changing it. I think they should. I think instead of Star Wars and Frozen, the lake whould have all european castle princess lands around it. 1 Frozen land just like they planned, 1 beauty and the beast land, and 1 other earoland....something they havent made before perhaps, like Brave land? Whatever it is, have it take place in europe.

I was about to like your post up to the Fantasyland 2.0 in the Studios

J4546

Original Poster
I was about to like your post up to the Fantasyland 2.0 in the Studios
lol i gotcha. Meh id rather disney studios paris have a eurocentric theme distinguishing itself from disney studios florida. I also thinkk BotB land in tokyo looks great and would fit in well, plus it literally takes place in france. Id rather have BotB land with 1 ride than another star wars land with 1 ride. As for Brave, I like the idea of a celtic disney land and brave is made by pixar, so going from toy story land, to cars land, to brave (or vice versa) would all have a pixar flow to it.

but regardless, its all imo

Robbiem

lol i gotcha. Meh id rather disney studios paris have a eurocentric theme distinguishing itself from disney studios florida. I also thinkk BotB land in tokyo looks great and would fit in well, plus it literally takes place in france. Id rather have BotB land with 1 ride than another star wars land with 1 ride. As for Brave, I like the idea of a celtic disney land and brave is made by pixar, so going from toy story land, to cars land, to brave (or vice versa) would all have a pixar flow to it.

but regardless, its all imo
I agree Brave and Beast could make great lands but I'd really place them somewhere other than Paris. For me part of the magic of Disney is providing an 'exotic' destination. As a Brit I'd love to see more exotic locales like south east asia, Oceania or south america where its much harder to travel to and you still partly have a romantic image of what it is.

For me this is why somewhere like DisneySea works really well (providing a romantic, idealised version of exotic locales to the Japanese), or Animal Kingdom, but somewhere like DCA is an odd fit (why build a version of california in california?)

LittleMerman

Isn't it 3 new rides (Frozen, Star Wars, Web Slingers) and 2 new overlays (Iron Man coaster and new Cars attraction)? That's essentially 5 new rides to the general public.

wdrive

Isn't it 3 new rides (Frozen, Star Wars, Web Slingers) and 2 new overlays (Iron Man coaster and new Cars attraction)? That's essentially 5 new rides to the general public.

Spiderman replaced Armageddon, yes it’s a new build but no net gain in attraction numbers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom