Castle Ramp Smoking Section Eliminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

betty rose

Why did you reply twice? And I don't find their rules questionable...reading comprehension would help with that.

Since Disney seems to be slowly phasing out smoking areas maybe it'll be a non smoking park soon enough.
Sorry, I don't follow your response rules.

The Duck

I would rather have someone break wind directly in my face than smell cigarette smoke but I think we need to be careful before we treat smokers like they have leprosy. We may have the right to breathe fresh air but don't smokers have rights as well?
Let's think about the other guy before we get on our high horse and try to see the world through his eyes.

betty rose

Why did you reply twice? And I don't find their rules questionable...reading comprehension would help with that.

Since Disney seems to be slowly phasing out smoking areas maybe it'll be a non smoking park soon enough.
You also replied twice...don't call me out on that.

Tinkerbella16

Please allow me to give two examples of why I am so strongly against smoking areas - specifically at the MK.

First, there is a smoking area along the train tracks in Tomorrowland. It certainly is an out-of-the-way area, so it should not be an issue to allow people to smoke there - especially when you consider the Autopia exhaust. The problem is that TTA is one of my favorite rides, and every time I ride it I am bombarded by the smoke when I enter and exit Space Mountain.

The problem is that the smoke in the smoking area does not stay in the smoking area. It travels and lingers, and it's incredibly annoying and uncomfortable to people who have sensitivities to smoke.
See now I thought this was one of the better placed DSA's in MK, in my opinion. It is secluded and you walk down some steps to get to it and it is not a busy area (when I have been there, no one is ever around). That smoking area used to be out in the open path between the COP and restrooms, where lots of people walked. I thought moving it to where it is now was a lot better.

betty rose

I would rather have someone break wind directly in my face than smell cigarette smoke but I think we need to be careful before we treat smokers like they have leprosy. We may have the right to breathe fresh air but don't smokers have rights as well?
Let's think about the other guy before we get on our high horse and try to see the world through his eyes.
I would like to say, to all who are reading this post, especially to Tiger, I apologize since I was not kind , I agree with the Duck we should just give each other slack on our personal choices.

DaGoof00

Maybe they should make all the drinkers leave the property also. You know where the smoking sections are walk around if we (as smokers) have to move to a select section you, then don't go near the smoking section, walk around we have to.

I don't have to consume the alcohol that others are drinking; however, I can't avoid the fumes of the smoke being blown around - apples to oranges my friend

Tinkerbella16

And I noticed they moved the area by the Brown Derby at DHS to another not so great spot right nearby the area where guests exit the Great Movie Ride and on a busy open path. I don't really understand that spot but Disney somehow did. I must say when I did smoke, and that DSA was by The Brown Derby, I remember in 2012 a whole group of people sat down with their bagged lunches in the smoking area and kept waving the smoke while eating and complaining... I am sorry but if you are dumb enough to sit in a smoking area that is clearly marked, and clearly people are smoking, in the first place, I feel NO sympathy for you at all! That was one of the dumbest things I have ever seen people do. Don't sit in the DSA's and wave the smoke, and act like they are in the wrong for being there smoking... go to one of the hundred other areas to sit down and eat that isn't a smoking area.

Scooter

I'm old enough to remember when you could stand in any queue line that was outside ( ie Jungle cruise, COP etc)
and smoke and nobody ever complained. They even had ashtrays so you could put out your cigarettes before you went inside of the attractions. I also remember Cosmic Rays had tiny little cheap ashtrays at every table. Good times.:joyfull:

draybook

In public areas, perhaps. But on private property their rights only go as far as the property owners extend them. I've been a smoker. I wouldn't smoke in the areas that Disney has designated as smoking areas because they're ridiculously placed and whomever established them should have been fired on the spot. Besides, can you really not go most of the day without a drag?

Animaniac93-98

I'm old enough to remember when you could stand in any queue line that was outside ( ie Jungle cruise, COP etc)
and smoke and nobody ever complained. They even had ashtrays so you could put out your cigarettes before you went inside of the attractions. I also remember Cosmic Rays had tiny little cheap ashtrays at every table. Good times.:joyfull:

Don't forget the Tabacco store on Main Street!

betty rose

See now I thought this was one of the better placed DSA's in MK, in my opinion. It is secluded and you walk down some steps to get to it and it is not a busy area (when I have been there, no one is ever around). That smoking area used to be out in the open path between the COP and restrooms, where lots of people walked. I thought moving it to where it is now was a lot better.
I do agree, that if Disney has improperly placed the smoking areas, they should just be moved. I guess if enough people complain about the current placement of them, perhaps they will move those that are deemed objectionable. Not to be repetitive, but truly sorry if I offended anyone, especially, I'm sorry to Tigger. Sometimes I don't know how to turn out the light, and put tape over my keyboard.:banghead:

Goofyernmost

OK. And I am asking for someone to give an example of one of these out-of-way areas where the smoke does not travel to other areas and it's fair to tell a non-smoker to stay away from.
OK, currently there is a place behind the old arcade near Space Mountain. Now for the really important part... you tell me how, in the wide open world, separated by hundreds of feet from the general public, the interaction of cigarette smoke, based on parts per million is doing any harm to anyone anywhere beyond that point and I will join your side. You are expressing your opinion, good, thankfully for mankind your opinion doesn't carry any weight. Your inability to think about the needs and concerns of everyone else is overwhelming.

It is obvious that you want to see the end of smoking everywhere, but, you have a huge job ahead, because the entire world is not consumed by this. We are probably the only nation, including Canada, that is over the top crazy about controlling the actions of everyone else in this matter. WDW is a world wide destination. It isn't just you and your opinions that have to be considered.

You actually sound like a small child that cannot get their own way and by being like that you have done more harm to your cause then you can imagine. So carry on the fight, and good luck with it. In the meantime, I not only don't think that they should eliminate the areas, but, that they indeed need to add to them and they need to make them easy to find with signage and something other then a miniscule circle on the park maps. You want the situation to ease up then do something that is actually helpful and thoughtful rather then cater to your own cast iron opinions. Or another idea... build your own theme park, ban smoking (and I'm including all types of smoking here) and then you and your cronies can sit around, holding hands in victory, until the place goes broke.

Last edited:

betty rose

Me too. Why do so many want to write the rules, for other's? Live and let live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom