Castle Ramp Smoking Section Eliminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Hm. That does suck. It does. I'm sorry that happens. I guess right now I'm immune to that smell, but I also haven't gone anywhere near the entrance to Space Mountain in quite a while ... I think I misunderstood
I think he is confusing the (now closed) smoking area that was inbetween CoP and Space Mountain. TTA crossed almost directly over it. There is another one on the often never traveled path closer to Barnstormer. TTA goes nowhere near it, unless you are using your go-go gadget nose.

Kman101

I think he is confusing the (now closed) smoking area that was inbetween CoP and Space Mountain. TTA crossed almost directly over it. There is another one on the often never traveled path closer to Barnstormer. TTA goes nowhere near it, unless you are using your go-go gadget nose.

Ahhh. Makes sense. I was definitely getting confused.

Still not sure why they did away with the one by Space Mountain and COP. I noticed it last time I was there and NO ONE was using it. Completely empty.

photomatt

I'm not confusing anything. I live in Orlando and I rode TTA last week. The problem was there last week, and it has been there for the last few months. It's most noticeable as you enter and exit SM, which means it is probably coming from the exhaust from the air curtains. That means it's being drawn in from somewhere nearby, and since the nearest smoking area is that path, it seems logical it's coming from there.

Tigger1988

I'm not being glib ( do I see judgment here?). It's a fact that we live in a very challenging world as far as many pollutants , can't live in a bubble.
You knew exactly what I meant, and you are well aware of the vast difference in air quality in a non smoking area.

betty rose

I have said that I don't judge smokers. I have said that they should be free to smoke in their own homes or their own property. I wouldn't have a problem if they smoked in public, if there was a way for me to avoid breathing it. The problem is that smoke travels. It doesn't just stay around the smoker, it fills an entire area and it lingers.

I do believe that many, but not all, of people who smoke today are bitter about their choice. When they are asked not to smoke, or are questioned about their choice, they retaliate. That has happened in this thread. I knew it would happen, because it happens in every thread that discusses the subject.
I don't smoke, and have asthma, but I believe in the freedom to choose. I can read maps and avoid smoking areas or use an inhaler...no problem

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I don't smoke, and have asthma, but I believe in the freedom to choose. I can read maps and avoid smoking areas or use an inhaler...no problem

The problem is the smokers feel the entire WDW campus is one big smoking area, Most fun is when they light up on a crowded bus.

betty rose

You knew exactly what I meant, and you are well aware of the vast difference in air quality in a non smoking area.
As I said earlier, I live in an area where my lungs look like a two pack a day smoker...so it isn't all about smoking, I can avoid smokers, , but not the radon in my area, as I live in the Rocky Mountains.

wogwog

Ahhh. Makes sense. I was definitely getting confused.

Still not sure why they did away with the one by Space Mountain and COP. I noticed it last time I was there and NO ONE was using it. Completely empty.
I believe this one was closed because a cast entrance from backstage is located close by.

Tigger1988

Good grief, if you find Disney's rules so objectionable, go to a non smoking park. And no I don't smoke....too cheap:)
Why did you reply twice? And I don't find their rules questionable...reading comprehension would help with that.

Since Disney seems to be slowly phasing out smoking areas maybe it'll be a non smoking park soon enough.

wogwog

I guess I missed the sea of people walking around the parks, cigs in hand, blowing smoke in everyone's faces. LOL. This thread was never going to go well but maybe it's time to close this one up.
I think you are on to something. I do occasional consulting at WDW and am very familiar with the MK on and off stage. To find an isolated area on stage is not an easy thing to find that could be used as a added an added out of the way smoking area would be a challenge without great cost to Disney. I just don't know if they would want to invest money in something like that.

betty rose

Frankly, I don't...we have many bad air quality days, and I have to stay in. I can't clean up the whole world, or my part of the world.

betty rose

Except when you're trying to leave FL/Liberty Square and are directed away from the bridges due to parades and guess what....both paths go right past a smoking area.
I leave early as I am elderly, and never encountered this. If that's the case, Disney should address the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom