Castle Painting/Decoration Removal Schedule

Tanis

The Castle at Tokyo Disneyland is an exact replica of the Castle in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World.

There are only 2 Cinderella's Castles in the World ----- Magic Kingdom at WDW and Tokyo Disneyland.

The other three parks have Sleeping Beauty's Castle ---- with Dinseyland Paris having the top section spun the correct way and Hong Kong and Disneyland Anahiem, CA having the top section spun 180' to the rear.

Other than at the interesting tidbit about the parks is that Tokyo Disneyland parks Castle decorations are a test bed for Walt Disney World.

manutdfan1 said:
I LOVE the tokyo castle, wow!!!!!! i really hope they bring that to "the world."

S.E.A.

Tanis said:
The Castle at Tokyo Disneyland is an exact replica of the Castle in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World.

There are only 2 Cinderella's Castles in the World ----- Magic Kingdom at WDW and Tokyo Disneyland.

The other three parks have Sleeping Beauty's Castle ---- with Dinseyland Paris having the top section spun the correct way and Hong Kong and Disneyland Anahiem, CA having the top section spun 180' to the rear.

Other than at the interesting tidbit about the parks is that Tokyo Disneyland parks Castle decorations are a test bed for Walt Disney World.

technically, Tokyo's castle is shorter than MK's

NeedABreak

I just hope the castle is in good shape for our photos. We will be honnymooning in the world starting on Sept. 17th.

On the bright side when there is something outof the norm it really only helps you remember the event better. Maybe haveing a crane in view won't be so bad.

hokielutz

SpenceMan01 said:
Cinderella Castle Refurbishment Update

...Here is the schedule:

- Crane load in - Sept 10, 2006
- HCOE Decor removal Sept 10-13, 2006
- Paint Castle - Sept 19 - Dec 5, 2006
- Castle Bedchamber - Dec 5-19, 2006

I realize the above is not an offical notice of construction schedule from the parks, but could someone let me know what they mean by the highlighted item above in the schedule? Is it on the exterior, and what kind of work would they be doing to it?

Thanks

hokielutz said:
I realize the above is not an offical notice of construction schedule from the parks, but could someone let me know what they mean by the highlighted item above in the schedule? Is it on the exterior, and what kind of work would they be doing to it?

Thanks

I think it has to do with A Year of a Million Dreams....with the 1 night in the Castle....right??

CaptainMichael

utrythinkinof1 said:
I think it has to do with A Year of a Million Dreams....with the 1 night in the Castle....right??
Yes, it most certainly does. Right now the room is used for storage/costuming/tinkerbell. Disney is going to make it liveable...finally.

PintoColvig

utrythinkinof1 said:
What do you think the chance of winning the night in the bedchamber is?
There were 16.1 million people who visited MK last year, though not all of them were resort guests. If you took that amount and divided by 365 days, your chances in a given year would be 1 in 44,109. :eek:

PintoColvig said:
There were 16.1 million people who visited MK last year, though not all of them were resort guests. If you took that amount and divided by 365 days, your chances in a given year would be 1 in 44,109. :eek:
What about on a Leap Year!?!

netenyahoo

Tanis said:

The Sleeping Beauty Castle in Paris is actually a VERY different castle from all the other Sleeping Beauty castles. HK and CA are supposed to be exact replicas I've heard.

LilRoo714

PintoColvig said:

That is only if they are allowing guests to stay in it every night, which would be surprising to me. I wonder if they are really going to do that quick of turnaround between visitors. :confused:

SpenceMan01

Original Poster
LilRoo714 said:
That is only if they are allowing guests to stay in it every night, which would be surprising to me. I wonder if they are really going to do that quick of turnaround between visitors. :confused:

How is it so hard? They do it thousands of times everyday at the resorts. Guests arrive in the evening, out in the morning, clean it up during the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom