Castle Painting/Decoration Removal Schedule

SpenceMan01

Original Poster
Cinderella Castle Refurbishment Update

The MK Park is in the process of removing the HCOE decor and painting Cinderella Castle. During this time, the penthouse will be converted into a Castle Bedchamber.

In order to accomplish this in a timely manner, a crane will be used. The crane will be parked behind Cinderella Castle and it will be in the down position during theme park hours. The crane will have a construction wall around it and the walkway from Sir Mickey's to the Fairy Tale Gardens will be closed off. However, Fairy Tale Gardens will remain open.

During the night, additional cranes will be brought in to support other efforts on the lower levels. These cranes will be removed each morning before the MK park opens. Here is the schedule:

- Crane load in - Sept 10, 2006
- HCOE Decor removal Sept 10-13, 2006
- Paint Castle - Sept 19 - Dec 5, 2006
- Castle Bedchamber - Dec 5-19, 2006

This is a little bit "through the grapevine", but I wouldn't post it unless it was credible. I hope that because I've been around here for some time, I will have some credibility. Maybe somebody else can vouch for the accuracy of this information.

Source: Dream Come True Joe - http://distantcreations.com/insidethemagic/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1536

bigcatholicj

so....does this mean that the painting will be over and done with by dec 15, cause i would hate to have a funny looking castle in my pictures!!:xmas:

rbrower

That is interesting but I was hoping that they would leave the golden characters and gold trimming up. Now the castle is going to look naked!

rbrower

Are they still going to do Cinderelabration after the celebration is over? Because if they do, the props for Cinderelabration might look funny, cosidering they have gold trimming and the rest of the castle wouldn't really.

SirNim

rbrower said:
Are they still going to do Cinderelabration after the celebration is over? Because if they do, the props for Cinderelabration might look funny, cosidering they have gold trimming and the rest of the castle wouldn't really.
Nah, I don't think it will be too much of an aesthetic problem. The castle had enough gold accents on it without the overlay.

donaldfan

rbrower said:
That is interesting but I was hoping that they would leave the golden characters and gold trimming up. Now the castle is going to look naked!

I'll be glad to see them go -- totally ruins the illusion of it being an actual castle.

CTXRover

I prefer the classic, clean look of the castle as it is usually seen. The only things I would have liked seen stay from the HCOE decorations would be the golden ribbons and silver spirals around the turrets. The characters, mirror and gold bunting were very nice for the HCOE, but imo definetely needed to be removed.

I'm glad the castle is getting another paint job. Its been 5 or so years since the painted the roofs. With over two months scheduled for painting, it sounds like it could be a full castle repaint job (probably needed as parts that were covered with decorations might have faded differently than those areas exposed directly to the sun) Maybe they will paint it similar to Tokyo's. I like what they did on the top half of their castle, but the bottom looks too dark in pics. Honestly though, they could add a bit more color to the parts of the castle as they did in Tokyo, but I still prefer the clean, classic, blue/gray look.

SpenceMan01

Original Poster
I'm jazzed that it's going to be getting dolled up just before my fiancee and I arrive for our honeymoon in January. :sohappy:

JEDIsney

Thanks for the information!

I was hoping that the gold characters and trimmings would stay up, also. Oh well. But I do agree that it will take some time to get used to the castle once again, I'm so used to the Celebration's decorations.

tirian

Chape19714 said:
From what I've heard Cinderellabration will end with the celebration and Cindy's Suprise Celebration will return.

Entertainment conducted tests for this last October; they were hoping to prematurely end Cinderellabration and get the Surprise Celebration up there again. Unfortunately, the HCoE marketing department stopped Entertainment managers from doing this. (Actually, WDW never wanted Cinderellabration in its current incarnation and knew that it was pathetic, but that's another story.)

The castle desperately needs a new paint job and will be completely refreshed. This is all part of the ongoing effort to completely refurbish the Magic Kingdom! (Although the castle, unlike the train station, does not need to be rebuilt.)

Spenceman's basic order of events is correct, although dates may change if necessary.

Edit: I'm not sure when the bedchamber will be refurbished. I only know about the castle's exterior.

LudwigVonDrake

rbrower said:

Disney will probably sell the gold characters on Ebay :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom