Casey Jr. Being "Reassessed"

Theresonly1

Kids love those things, my 7 yo cousin can't walk by one without wanting to get in it. But what gets me is the parent in that photo, helping her kid through the fence? What happens when she gets stuck?? For heavens sake, if you are going to disregard the fence, please lift the kid over it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Dear Disney,

I'll quit complaining about the Dumbo's Circusland Water Playground if you'll build something as impressive as Radiator Springs Racers in the MK.

Let the little kids have their totally awesome train fountain and give the grown-ups something they haven't seen at the MK in 20+ years -- a genuine top-of-the-line new attraction.

Guess that's too much to ask.

If given the option I think all of us would trade Casey Jr for the Cars ride any day of the week. I know it's just wishful thinking on my part and I have no facts to support it, but I am hoping to get some version of that ride at DHS. After the fantasy land expansion and avatar land at AK the next logical park to get some love is DHS. They already have Pixar place so why not expand it to include Cars Land or whatever they want to call it. I know this may never happen, but if it doesn't I will still see the ride at Disneyland when I go back there. Either way it doesn't change my opinion of Casey Jr. I don't see how the 2 are really related.

The Empress Lilly

Kids love those things, my 7 yo cousin can't walk by one without wanting to get in it. But what gets me is the parent in that photo, helping her kid through the fence? What happens when she gets stuck?? For heavens sake, if you are going to disregard the fence, please lift the kid over it.
...but to the random visitor, that fence might not at all look like it's supposed to keep people out.

The fence is open on one side. It is like one foot tall. It has huge gaping holes that all but the larger kids can get through.

I might mistake the fence for something that's supposed to be climbed through, upon and around.

EpcoTim

Theres the ticket. For eons fences have been used to keep people (and things) out or in, but in this self-absorbed age they have actually turned into the playground themselves. Think of the money communities can save, instead of throwing up a 6 figure playground, all they have to do is fence in a small parcel of property. For all these years I thought the fences blocking the planters and bodies of water were there to keep me from stumbling in, but now i see that they are actually there to entertain me.

Jimmy Thick-Look kids a new fence!

Castle Cake Apologist

Dear Disney,

I'll quit complaining about the Dumbo's Circusland Water Playground if you'll build something as impressive as Radiator Springs Racers in the MK.

Let the little kids have their totally awesome train fountain and give the grown-ups something they haven't seen at the MK in 20+ years -- a genuine top-of-the-line new attraction.

Are we seriously still somehow trying to compare this one tiny part (which was never meant to be, nor was ever advertised as an e-ticket attraction) of our expansion to the headliner of a makeover of an entire park?

It's sad to see people shamefully using Walt Disney to try to argue that this tiny insignificant play area should be held to the same standard as all of Cars Land.

So much has been said about how this is a slap in the face of what the Disney parks were supposed to be, because it is tailored only to the young. Somehow, though, Radiator Springs Racers keeps getting brought up as an example of what should be built in the place where families can do everything together.

Yet, RSR has a 40" height requirement. Oops.

Just because something doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean that it doesn't have its place. Perhaps Disney forgot to consult the raving negative masses of online fans when they built a water play area designed for kids and families to cool off on hot Orlando days. I can't imagine why. Could most of you just simply possibly maybe not be this thing's target audience?

TalkingHead

Are we seriously still somehow trying to compare this one tiny part (which was never meant to be, nor was ever advertised as an e-ticket attraction) of our expansion to the headliner of a makeover of an entire park?

It's sad to see people shamefully using Walt Disney to try to argue that this tiny insignificant play area should be held to the same standard as all of Cars Land.

So much has been said about how this is a slap in the face of what the Disney parks were supposed to be, because it is tailored only to the young. Somehow, though, Radiator Springs Racers keeps getting brought up as an example of what should be built in the place where families can do everything together.

Yet, RSR has a 40" height requirement. Oops.

Just because something doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean that it doesn't have it's place. Perhaps Disney forgot to consult the raving negative masses of online fans when they built a water play area designed for kids and families to cool off on hot Orlando days. I can't imagine why. Could most of you just simply possibly maybe not be this thing's target audience?

No, Expert, the point I was making was NOT that RSR is for everyone.

The point was MK hasn't seen a new major E-ticket in 20+ years.

That might explain why some people get worked up over additions like Dumbo's Wet and Wild Spot.

If they'd added a couple of attractions on par with Indy, RCR, etc at MK (or, hell, anywhere at WDW over the past 10 years), I'd be willing to cut them some slack and say, "Sure, give the kids a little water playground."

Problem is, MK hasn't gotten those kinds of additions, but it still gets Meet and Greets and CHOO CHOO WET FUN PLAY SPOT.

What a blast for those of us who might visit without rugrats.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Um they have "restaurants" dedicated to nothing but Ice Cream. There is even one in the Magic Kingdom right on main street.

Um they have 'water parks' dedicated to nothing but Ice Cream. There is even TWO in WDW.

So now we are back full circle and you see the point of the sarcasm.

Kuhio

...but to the random visitor, that fence might not at all look like it's supposed to keep people out.

The fence is open on one side. It is like one foot tall. It has huge gaping holes that all but the larger kids can get through.

I might mistake the fence for something that's supposed to be climbed through, upon and around.

Soldier: The Emperor will stop you.

Shan-Yu: Stop me? He invited me. By building his wall, he challenged my strength. Well, I'm here to play his game.

bunnyman

OMG, this thread has really gone astray! How have so many people taken to bashing WDW opening up what is probably the most insignificant part of the FLE, the soft opening of a splash and spray area, vs. the DCA do-over (let's not forget the whole reason for DCA's redo/expansion was to fix a flawed park from the get go)? I mean, the rest of FLE is what this whole project should be judged on, namely the Ariel dark ride, the Seven Dwarfts Mine Train Ride, the doubling of the Dumbo ride, the unique meet-and-greet areas, the new restaurant, etc.

evilzorac

Dear Disney,

This x1000!

Is it ok to be unhappy with the lack of great attractions and still let my kids play in the sprinkler?

olinecoach61

Not every ride needs to be designed For everyone. My three year old won't be riding space mountain, does that mean they shouldn't have built it? I love space mountain. Will I play in the Casey jr? No but I'm sure my daughter will. It's about having a balance for everybody.

ExtinctJenn

While I understand that Disneyland just opened up Cars Land and it's super impressive... the point getting missed in the comments comparing the two is that the new Fantasyland, when it is complete, will be just as impressive. What we're discussing here is a tiny water play area that wasn't even part of the original plan. You can't compare apples to oranges here. Compare Cars Land to the entire new Fantasyland yes but saying that Disneyland is doing so much more because all WDW has done is open a splash area just doesn't add up.

TalkingHead

While I understand that Disneyland just opened up Cars Land and it's super impressive... the point getting missed in the comments comparing the two is that the new Fantasyland, when it is complete, will be just as impressive.

I'm gonna have to disagree. There's nothing in FLE that's on the scale of RCR, not to mention there's no blight on Carsland like the Dumbo Circusland.

Ignohippo

While I understand that Disneyland just opened up Cars Land and it's super impressive... the point getting missed in the comments comparing the two is that the new Fantasyland, when it is complete, will be just as impressive. What we're discussing here is a tiny water play area that wasn't even part of the original plan. You can't compare apples to oranges here. Compare Cars Land to the entire new Fantasyland yes but saying that Disneyland is doing so much more because all WDW has done is open a splash area just doesn't add up.

I would have to disagree with this as well. CarsLand is MUCH more impressive and at a much larger scale than the FLE. You have to remember that the heart of the FLE is a cloned ride and a bunch of re-purposed attractions.

But yes, comparing RSR to the water play area is a joke.

Tom

Beta Return

Everything is relative. You would need to see Cars Land and the completed FLE to come up with your own, personal opinion as to which is more impressive....to you.

Having seen photos and videos of Cars Land and BVS, I'm blown away. And having seen all the work done to date, and all the blueprints, I think the FLE is going to look very nice, but isn't going to knock my socks off. I'm not going to write it off as a failure, because I welcome any addition to the MK (or any WDW parks), but I'm not going to log it in my journal as "epic".

njDizFan

I hope I don't have to turn in my D&G card but I am excited to see the FLE. It will have some nice eye candy and a couple of new rides(even if they are nothing groundbreaking) and what sounds like a decently themed eatery(hey I like to eat). But you can't make an accurate comparison to RSR. The budget for that ride alone was more than all of FLE and it is a real WOW moment, thematically, visually and ridability.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom