Casey Jr. Being "Reassessed"

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Its sad that WDW is now ripping off McDonald's and Six Flags to create their attractions. I honestly wish I lived closer to Disneyland where they do things the right way.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Disneyland has something called The princess dot puddle park which is basically a fountain the kids can run in and get wet. The theming is completely different but it's the same concept. A fun area for kids to cool off.

G00fyDad

"You know Clark, I hear Disney has this new water fountain area for kids. Whadda ya say? Up for some fun?"
Randy-quaid-Lampoon-snorkel.jpg

That's pretty much the way some are seeing this play area. If so, then fine. Stay out. I'll be bringing my son there on our next trip. And guess what? He'll be soaked head to toe. :D

ellie-badge

I'd also like to point out that a lot of you are saying, "Gee, my kids would have tons of fun playing in this, but I won't because I'll be sitting off to the side watching them." Is there some unwritten rule about not joining your kids in getting wet? I mean, there are no signs around the area saying it was specifically for kids and no one else... You'd be the one choosing to sit off to the side in the heat and watching the little ones play, not Disney.

Even though I'm eighteen, I think this looks absolutely adorable, as well as fun. If I had any kids, I might even decide to play in the area with them, and get a closer look at all of the detail and hard work put into Casey Jr. and the animals.

mickeysaver

I have a little one that is almost 2-1/2 now and she loves the water play area over at Epcot. We always bring swim diapers, towels, and a swim suit for her when we visit Epcot in the warmer months. Now, I am going to have to add those items to our day bag for when we visit the MK too. :)

Also, I respect a fence, or a rope, or even tape on the ground. The little one is learning the rules as we go along and I would certainly make every effort to stop her if I saw her headed under or over that fence. Parenting is work, even on vacation. I don't understand why this is so hard to understand. :confused:

flynnibus

Premium Member
That I can believe. Kids like to be in the pool. Maybe this was the brainchild of someone who thought that if they like water why not let it be somewhere they will spend money

Kids like ice cream. Maybe we should not build restaurants in the future and just give out ice cream

wilkeliza

Kids like ice cream. Maybe we should not build restaurants in the future and just give out ice cream

Um they have "restaurants" dedicated to nothing but Ice Cream. There is even one in the Magic Kingdom right on main street.

Really everyone is acting like this is all the Magic Kingdom is. It is one part of a whole. Who cares if that one part is tailored towards the lowest common denominator? What about all the other parts that this age group can not partake in? Many families travel with a large range of ages. Just my Aunt and Uncle alone would love this place because they have a 6 and 8 year old that can partake in almost every ride but then they have a 1 year old and 2 year old who can't do much at all. So now everyone has somewhere they can enjoy and I know my aunt would just bring in extra clothes for the kids to change into.

I don't think Walt wanted an amusement park that didn't have kiddie things in it I think he just wanted something that as a whole had something for everyone.

TP2000

Trashy. Great way to kick things off, too.

I have a hunch we'll see a major reconfiguration of this sprinkler zone by July.

The fence around Casey Jr. might last a week or two longer than Tigger's Ankle Breakers did in the Pooh queue.

MAF

I'm fascinated by the pathology of incessant negativity, as are others it would appear. But you stay classy!

I only speak the truth. I'm sorry that WDW has been creating lackluster new "attractions" lately while Disneyland has been producing far superiour attractions. Don't be mad...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I only speak the truth. I'm sorry that WDW has been creating lackluster new "attractions" lately while Disneyland has been producing far superiour attractions. Don't be mad...

No, you only speak in negatives, or with some pathetic gifs because you've run out of anything negative to say that's still original. Your posts are nothing but troglodytic attempts for relevancy to the thread at hand. But in the end they're nothing more than the same incessant prattle.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

You make a valid point. If this was a competition Disneyland would be kicking butt based on all of the new attractions they have gotten recently. But, the 2 don't have to be mutually exclusive. Both parks can and will have new and exciting attractions. If you compare Casey's Splash Zone to the new Cars land at DCA it is no competition. This is one minor component of what in my opinion looks like a really cool and exciting fantasyland expansion. Based on the quality of what I have seen so far from the small portion that has opened people will be impressed. Even the most negative opponents. After that who knows what will come of Avatar land but I am hoping that it exceeds all of our expectations too.

I have only been the Disneyland once and I am excited to get back especially with all of the new stuff. I don't think you have to be a fan of one or the other. They are both great. Just my opinion.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Only a WDW "fanboi" would think that a negative opinion equals a troll. Thanks though...

"A" negative opinion would be one thing. Yours are nothing but negative and incessant. Kind if like your pathetic pics. And the whole "fanboi" thing just proves how tired your routine really is. But, considering you were the first to complain about the new forum changeover, not really much of a surprise there....

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It's good that you could finally channel our feelings towards you. As they say, time to stop feeding this particular troll....

TalkingHead

Dear Disney,

I'll quit complaining about the Dumbo's Circusland Water Playground if you'll build something as impressive as Radiator Springs Racers in the MK.

Let the little kids have their totally awesome train fountain and give the grown-ups something they haven't seen at the MK in 20+ years -- a genuine top-of-the-line new attraction.

Guess that's too much to ask.

wilkeliza

Dear Disney,

I'll quit complaining about the Dumbo's Circusland Water Playground if you'll build something as impressive as Radiator Springs Racers in the MK.

Let the little kids have their totally awesome train fountain and give the grown-ups something they haven't seen at the MK in 20+ years -- a genuine top-of-the-line new attraction.

Guess that's too much to ask.

I'm hoping that is what the Snow White Train Coaster (or whatever its called) will be. I think we are all forgetting Carsland has been 5 years in the making. We are lucky (or not so lucky however you want to look at it) that our expansion is being opened in waves so we haven't seen everything just yet. I'm sure if just Lugi's tires were opened 2 years before Radiator Springs Racer people would have complained as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom