Carsland Thread

TP2000

Cast Member Previews of Cars Land, and now AP Previews, are happening this week. Dateline Disneyland has a photo from the Blue Sky Cellar patio of a very busy Cars Land with happy crowds inside! It looks better with people than it did with dump trucks and construction equipment, don't you think?

IMG2075-L.jpg

http://datelinedisneyland.smugmug.c...08-12/23444690_GC7HHm#!i=1894217707&k=fkZsgFQ

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
New Fantasyland just became irrelavant
If the Little Mermaid attraction is relatively the same as the one in DL, then you may be on to something. I hope BaTB area is really spectacular.

I think TDO may have realized that they needed something really different and thats why we saw the mine train coaster come into the picture. If this goes over well, I would expect Carsland to be something that goes into DHS in the future. They have the space and if it will attract crowds, then its really a no brainer.

Californian Elitist

If the Little Mermaid attraction is relatively the same as the one in DL, then you may be on to something. I hope BaTB area is really spectacular.

I think TDO may have realized that they needed something really different and thats why we saw the mine train coaster come into the picture. If this goes over well, I would expect Carsland to be something that goes into DHS in the future. They have the space and if it will attract crowds, then its really a no brainer.

I really hope Cars Land stays exclusive to DCA. It's the heart and soul of the park and I don't think it needs or should be replicated. Should DHS get something new, let it be a fresh and original idea and concept.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I saw all the pics this morning and got insanely jealous… so I booked the 6-11pm preview with the private World of Color showing for my girlfriend and I around noon, LOL. We went up and had an amazing time at Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. We just got home, and I'm insanely tired, so I'll have a full report up tomorrow.

TP2000

Here is a bit better POV (And it's the other racer as well)

I.... tried.... not.... to.... watch.... And I always am very cautious of judging things via amateur YouTube clips (which never does anything justice).

But WOW! That looks like an incredible ride! It appears as though Disneyland Resort has a new top dog E Ticket on its hands, and DCA has just entered an entirely new era.

Californian Elitist

I saw all the pics this morning and got insanely jealous… so I booked the 6-11pm preview with the private World of Color showing for my girlfriend and I around noon, LOL. We went up and had an amazing time at Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. We just got home, and I'm insanely tired, so I'll have a full report up tomorrow.

LOL you caved in! Can't wait for that report!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Here is a bit better POV (And it's the other racer as well)

Awesome video. Looks amazing. When did they start allowing video. When we were there last week there were signs all over the special event sign up area asking that there be no photography or video or sharing on social media.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Awesome video. Looks amazing. When did they start allowing video. When we were there last week there were signs all over the special event sign up area asking that there be no photography or video or sharing on social media.
Believe they just started allowing it yesterday, actually! Wouldn't want to off the APers, heh.

Cosmic Commando

I.... tried.... not.... to.... watch.... And I always am very cautious of judging things via amateur YouTube clips (which never does anything justice).

But WOW! That looks like an incredible ride! It appears as though Disneyland Resort has a new top dog E Ticket on its hands, and DCA has just entered an entirely new era.

I'm in the unfortunate position of trying to avoid spoilers for RSR until November so this sounds familiar! I've decided I'll take all the information on BVS and Carsland but try to remain "pure" for Racers. The promo shots in this thread are sorta like things you might see in a guidebook, so that's as far as I'll go. It's hard covering your eyes while scrolling past that part of Al's Carsland review!

sponono88

Don't miss the live webcast of the grand opening ceremony tomorrow night:

Tune in to the Disney Parks Blog Wednesday, June 13, at 8 p.m. PT for a LIVE webcast of the Cars Land Grand Opening! And keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and Disney California Adventure park on Facebook, and follow @Disneyland on Twitter for complete coverage of all events this week at Disney California Adventure park!

And finally, the blog has a new video about the design team and bringing Cars to life:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ars-land-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

TP2000

It's almost 3AM here in SoCal, but Al Lutz has a funny thing up for Wednesday morning regarding the Cars Land kickoff party later tonight... :D

EDITOR’S NOTE 6/13: Wed night is the big Cars Land 'celebrity' party kickoff to 48 hrs of DCA media frenzy. A parade of Disney Channel or Pixar B List and Hollywood C List types will arrive in Anaheim around 7pm, with Kourtney Kardashian and her mother only tentative (poor Bruce is being dragged along too). Sigh, all that free booze will be wasted on the C List. In better news for TDA, the arriving press corps for Thur/Fri is much larger and from further afield than for the 50th kickoff in '05. -Al Lutz

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom