Carsland Thread

ThatPrincessGir

Made time to ride RSR yesterday and thought it was insanely cute. It's only so-so as an E-ride as far as I'm concerned (my favorite part of Test Track is the uphill speed increase, not the loop at the end), but the dark ride elements were amazing. Can't wait to ride it a few times for a better look when crowds quiet down. I would have been very unhappy if I'd waited 3 hours to ride, but the fast pass return was a reasonable 30 minutes when we were there.

Park was less crowded yesterday (Wednesday) than it was on Monday when we only rode Mater's. Monday was a SoCal pass day, Weds was Deluxe AP and up. Lines at Disneyland were manageable on both days.

Cosmic Commando

Another note from Al Lutz regarding Carsland:
EDITOR’S NOTE 6/23: The cone themed drink cups at the Cozy Cone Motel are now sold out, after they went through what was supposed to be an entire summer's worth of stock in one week. The Cars Land soundtrack CD is also sold out, the Luigi's tire hats will be gone by the end of this weekend, and the Lightning McQueen popcorn bucket isn't far behind. New stock of all these land-specific items won't be shipped from China until late July or August. But there is still plenty of generic One Disney merchandise available in the Curios shop. | The In the Parks column had so much to update you on this week that it was expanded to additional pages today. - Al Lutz
While I do expect Carsland and Buena Vista Street will have staying power, certainly some of the hype will die down and it's a shame that Disney is costing themselves a chance to recoup some of their investment by running out of these things.

OldBlueEyes

Right, so here it is!

After months and months of waiting for new updates, downloading, cropping, morphing and film-editing, here is the final product: A timelapse / morph of some of MintCrodile's pics, celebrating the "rebirth" of DCA!

Enjoy!:)

sponono88

^ awesome video, thanks for putting that together!

Al Lutz has a note about Cars Land in today's update, it seems RSR is doing really well in the surveys:

The highest-rated attractions like Indiana Jones Adventure or Soarin’ Over California typically deliver an Intent To Return figure in the 85% to 92% range, as there are always a few people who dislike even the most popular attractions and don’t have plans to return. But for the first time ever in the history of Disney’s consumer feedback scoring, Cars Land has been pulling in 100% Intent To Return ratings on most days. This was once thought statistically impossible, but the consistency of the 100% ratings day after day, across all customer demographics, has now convinced the number crunchers that it’s not just a fluke of delirious Annual Passholders.

It seems that anyone who even wanders in to Cars Land, and especially those who ride Radiator Springs Racers, can’t find anything meaningfully wrong with the expansion and would gladly pay money to return in the future. To say the TDA execs are thrilled with this finding is an understatement. Not only can the new DCA hold huge numbers of visitors with ease, but the visitors that are there are thrilled with the experience and very satisfied that they got their money’s worth.

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al062612a.htm

Laura

Premium Member
My family has now had 3 visits to Cars Land, and Radiator Springs Racers continues to be broken ALL THE TIME. We went to the AP preview on June 9th, and the ride was down about half of the time we were there (at least 2-3 hours out of 6 it was down). When we waited in line, it broke down 2 times during our wait. However, it was a preview, and that sort of thing is to be expected.

Then Monday (June 25th), my BF took my kids to see Cars Land, and the ride was consistently down AGAIN! And also broke down (as expected) while they were waiting in line.

Yesterday (June 30th) we drove up and went straight to RSR, and surprise, surprise - BROKEN! We hung out at DCA for 2 hours waiting for the darn thing to come back online, but it didn't. (Screamin and Tower were also down - we gave up and went to Disneyland where rides actually work).

What's the deal with this ride? I'm just thankful I'm an AP holder and will have many other opportunities to ride, but what about day guests? Must be incredibly disappointing!

Disneyfanman

Test track spent its first years broken constantly and I would have hoped that the system would be better here. (I understand that it was mostly software that caused the constant shut downs). Hopefully they figure it out. It's not a brand new system, so they should get it under control.

Disneyfanman

Interestingly, reports from various sites are that the DLR isn't seeing increased traffic overall. Just a shift into DCA. DL is having a very low attendance summer compared to the past few seasons. If that bears out over the long haul, then we may see a new round of budget cuts. Hopefully not.

Cosmic Commando

Interestingly, reports from various sites are that the DLR isn't seeing increased traffic overall. Just a shift into DCA. DL is having a very low attendance summer compared to the past few seasons. If that bears out over the long haul, then we may see a new round of budget cuts. Hopefully not.
Or maybe it will kick the Potter swatters into high gear. If people really are willing to skip Disneyland to go to DCA because of a shiny new toy, they could skip the whole DLR when Potter opens up.

Laura

Premium Member
Finally caught RSR up and running yesterday and got to ride again. Half the ride was broken. We only waited 30 minutes in the single rider line, but I felt bad for the group in my car that had just waited 2 hours. The cow tipping scene didn't work (not a huge deal), but even worse, Ramone's was just a disaster. First our car sat there in the entrance to the body shop waiting...and waiting...while we could see the car ahead getting painted. That car left and we continued to wait. Finally we moved up into the area where we were to get painted, and nothing happened whatsoever. The image on the screen of Ramone was paused and the sprayers didn't spray (or move at all). After several awkward moments of sitting there we moved forward to start the race, only to see that the car on our left had been given a 10 second head start. Heh. So we raced...no one. It was bad. I really hope they can get this ride working quickly.

sponono88

I rode RSR on Monday and everything (except for the tipping tractors) worked perfectly. Yesterday MouseWait reported that the tractors were working again, so it appears every effect is working just fine now. Hopefully it stays that way!

OCRegister is reporting some changes for Luigi's Flying Tires, they will make the vehicles lighter in weight and will also remove the beach balls permanently:

Disney already changing Cars Land ride | disney, balls, cars - Entertainment - The Orange County Register

Disney California Adventure visitors soon will fly faster on Luigi's Flying Tires.

The Cars Land ride, in which visitors float on tire-shaped vehicles similar to bumper cars on an air-hockey table, is undergoing major changes just two months after it opened with the park's massive makeover.

Disney recently removed gigantic beach balls that visitors had tossed to one another as they floated along on the vehicles.

Over the next three weeks, crews will remove weight from the undercarriages of the vehicles, said Mary Niven, vice president of Disney California Adventure.

This should increase the speed, although Disney has not disclosed what it will be.

Cosmic Commando

EDITOR’S NOTE 9/12: The missing beaded curtain at Fillmore's juice stand in Cars Land will soon be replaced with a sturdier wood-bead version. TDA may have lost several recent battles against the One Disney attacks on the local Anaheim culture, but they know they have to keep Cars Land looking its best. Christmas in Cars Land will truly sparkle, even if the CM's don't have much to celebrate this year. | Two new columns for you today. - Al Lutz

Good news for Christmas in Carsland! But bad news for CM's? Hopefully we get an Al update next Tuesday.

nemofinder22

Original Poster
I believe the bad news for CM's is the lost of the Christmas Parties held on 2 nights in early Dec. This year they will be "mix-ins."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom