Carsland Thread

TP2000

Al Lutz has a complete run down on Cars Land today on Miceage. It's got a ton of spoilers, so don't go read it unless you want the full info and reviews of all three rides, all three stores, and the three restaurants.

The reviews aren't all positive (Curios Shop and Luigi's), but the info on Radiator Springs Racers is glowing with excitement and the land overall seems to be getting rave reviews from everyone who goes to a preview.

http://miceage.micechat.com/

HMButler79

Very sad to hear that Queen Meg somehow infiltrated Anaheim merch to ruin Curios. That was the one shop I was excited about as it was supposed to be an old NoS type shop.

sponono88

clo031300SMALL.jpg

Only 10 days left! The Disney Parks Blog announced today that it will feature a live webcast of the grand opening of Cars Land.

The countdown is on! In ten days, Disney California Adventure park guests will be racing through Ornament Valley and cruising down Route 66 when Cars Land opens. The photo above shows the sign that will welcome guests to Cars Land at the north end of Route 66. Ahead of them will lie Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree, Luigi’s Flying Tires, Flo’s V8 Cafe, Radiator Springs Racers and so much more!

We’ll have a live webcast of the Grand Opening of Cars Land right here on the Disney Parks Blog! And during the webcast, we’ll be answering your questions about Cars Land. So let us know in the comments – what do you want to know about Cars Land? We’ll do our best to have them answered as part of the show.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ure-park-submit-your-cars-land-questions-now/

TP2000

Is this the entrance sign for carsland?
and I wish I could vist Disneyland this summer, Maybe one day

Yes, it's the "marquee" to the land. It sits just off to the right of Route 66 at the very entrance to the land. A bit behind it is the "Welcome to Radiator Springs" road sign.

There are lots of non-stop flights from Orlando to SoCal airports. Virgin America has flights in mid summer from $255 each way. Stay offsite in a Good Neighbor motel a few blocks from the park, don't splurge on meals, and a 3 day trip to Disneyland can be done fairly economically.

sponono88

A new video of Cars Land (day and night shots) has been posted by InsideTheMagic,

[youtube]Nptn7A9jrmc[/youtube]

And here's a preview of the new short, "Time Travel Mater", which will debut at the Blue Sky Cellar on June 15. This will tie into Cars Land, in particular the RSR queue, where guests will learn the story of Stanley and the founding of Radiator Springs

[youtube]y-Rwxrw85hE[/youtube]

The movie “Cars” took us on an unforgettable road trip down Route 66 and dropped us off in Radiator Springs, the quaint little town that’s located on the famous Mother Road. But how did Radiator Springs come to be? Who rolled down an empty road and parked himself on that very spot, creating the place that would change Lightning McQueen forever? Mater knows. Check out this exclusive clip from “Time Travel Mater” and travel back in time with Mater to the beginning of Radiator Springs. Then tune into ABC for “Cars” on June 16 from 8-11 p.m./7-10 p.m. Central to see “Time Travel Mater” in its entirety. You’ll also be treated to a special tour of Cars Land by Larry the Cable Guy throughout the film. “Time Travel Mater” will debut here at the Disneyland Resort in Blue Sky Cellar at Disney California Adventure park beginning June 15. Enjoy!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...california-adventure-park-and-june-16-on-abc/

Californian Elitist

A new video of Cars Land (day and night shots) has been posted by InsideTheMagic,

[youtube]Nptn7A9jrmc[/youtube]

And here's a preview of the new short, "Time Travel Mater", which will debut at the Blue Sky Cellar on June 15. This will tie into Cars Land, in particular the RSR queue, where guests will learn the story of Stanley and the founding of Radiator Springs

[youtube]y-Rwxrw85hE[/youtube]

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...california-adventure-park-and-june-16-on-abc/

Great videos! Everyone genuinely looks like they're having fun on those rides, including Luigi's. Can't wait to see the film in its entirety. Nine more days!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
For anyone thinking about making a quick trip for the grand opening, in talking to a few CMs during our trip this week, TDA is gearing up for record breaking crowds during the opening.

Californian Elitist

For anyone thinking about making a quick trip for the grand opening, in talking to a few CMs during our trip this week, TDA is gearing up for record breaking crowds during the opening.

I think people were already expecting this to happen. I'm guessing a lot of APs won' be there. I say we native Californians and residents leave DCA 2.0 to the tourists for at least the first week. Maybe even the second.

nemofinder22

Original Poster
Only 10 days left! The Disney Parks Blog announced today that it will feature a live webcast of the grand opening of Cars Land.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ure-park-submit-your-cars-land-questions-now/

The Cars Land sign looks nice. Good to hear a webcast will be available.

The Cozy Cone fountain is so cute!

If you feel the need for spoilers Al posted some http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al060512a.htm

I haven't read it, I've waited since it was announced in Oct 2007 I can wait till July. Although that's not stopping me from looking at what ever Disney posts lol.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
While waiting at the hub for fireworks tonight got some first hand info from a CM who works at one of the hotels. He was there with his family and they had been at the cast preview event while they were taping commercials. Bits of info:

- three hour wait during cast preview just for the racers. Wonder if this means low capacity.

- all three hotels on property are at 100% capacity for the grand opening.

- expect stricter than usual security for the opening.

- there is a trolly/train that goes down the main street.

Californian Elitist

While waiting at the hub for fireworks tonight got some first hand info from a CM who works at one of the hotels. He was there with his family and they had been at the cast preview event while they were taping commercials. Bits of info:

- three hour wait during cast preview just for the racers. Wonder if this means low capacity.

- all three hotels on property are at 100% capacity for the grand opening.

- expect stricter than usual security for the opening.

- there is a trolly/train that goes down the main street.

Thanks for the info, hakuna! I'm not gonna lie, I'd wait three hours for Racers. I'm dying to ride that puppy. I wouldn't doubt a lot of the offsite hotels are already at capacity too.

TP2000

If you feel the need for spoilers Al posted some http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al060512a.htm

I haven't read it, I've waited since it was announced in Oct 2007 I can wait till July. Although that's not stopping me from looking at what ever Disney posts lol.

I wish I had your will power! I had to go ahead and read the Al Lutz rundown and lowdown on all of Cars Land; the rides, the stores, the food, etc.

The latest Al Lutz update has me so excited to see this new land in Anaheim! But I admire your will power nemofinder22. Stick to your guns and wait it out until you can actually walk down Route 66 in July. We're rooting for you! :lol:

dweezil78

I guess word is out now about the land overall, but I still feel weird about posting details until the AP previews. If you saw Westsider's post on the other forum, I'd say I'm about 98% in agreement with that post. But with that said, there is 1 nitpick I had about RSR that I hope they take care of.

The windshields! So between the overlay of the eyes (which is not totally transparent from the inside) and the natural dirt that builds up on these things, visibility through the window was pretty blurry I must say. That may not matter on Test Track where the visuals are almost non-existent or off to the side in many cases, but for something with as much eye candy as RSR it definitely took away from the experience.

The view from the second row wasn't too heavily affected thankfully, but when I sat in the first row I spent the whole time with my head out the side of the car like a dog trying to see everything.

So there ya go.. my one nitpick in an otherwise glorious e-ticket that I can't wait to ride again!

sponono88

Here are some fun facts and figures about Cars Land:

280,000 – Square feet of rockwork in Cars Land, making Ornament Valley mountain range the largest rockwork created in a domestic Disney theme park; built to an unusual level of complexity with very few 90-degree angles

125 – Height in feet at the tallest peak of Ornament Valley range in Cars Land

6 – Distinct car tail fins represented in the Ornament Valley range, inspired by classic car models from 1957 to 1962; hood ornaments, wheel wells and radiator caps also represented in the rockwork

4,000 – Tons of steel used to construct the Ornament Valley range and Radiator Springs Racers attraction in Cars Land

45 – The steepest degree of banking on the track of the thrilling Radiator Springs Racers attraction in Cars Land

36,000 – Approximate number of miles per year each Radiator Springs Racers vehicle will travel, equivalent to more than 14 trips down the original Route 66

6,714 – Air vents keeping the tires flying at Luigi’s Flying Tires attraction in Cars Land

7 – Songs sung by Mater (voice of Larry the Cable Guy) at Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree attraction in Cars Land

525 – Approximate length, in feet, of the Route 66 that runs through Cars Land

70 – Species of native plants in Cars Land (450+ specimens of trees and cactus)

16 – Neon signs in Cars Land, with the Flo’s V8 Café sign standing tallest at 27 feet

http://disneygeek.com/news/releases/2012/2012_06_06_numbers.php

Apparently GM has given Disney the rights to use Cadillac Range in Cars Land.

Source: http://miceage.micechat.com/index.htm (at the top)

That is wonderful news, i'm glad something was done about that. It was weird when they blacked out the name on the construction wall, good to know everything is back to normal and the lawyers are happy :lol:

Californian Elitist

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom