News Cars-Themed Expansion at Magic Kingdom

erasure fan1

Ah, yes. Proof that IP doesn't automatically equal successful attractions.
Yea, it's completely irrelevant if an attraction is original or IP when it comes to what's going to be good or bad. Guardians doesn't make cosmic rewind good. Just like no IP didn't make body wars bad. Personally I just want a mix of both, that are placed with better thought than they've been doing in recent years.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Ironically, I think most of the concerns here about the Coco addition to MK revolved around the ride mechanism - doing a Soarin' style flying theater. If a boat ride like what was shown for DCA was on the table, I think it would have been warmly embraced as a MK addition.

That would of been fine with the village. I think they decided to abandon the Desert Theme 🏜 which is why Coco is out or they decided to give it to California because of the few new surprises aside Avatar and Avengers which weren't new. The whole centric focus on the BBT side is to keep it looking Frontier, more frontier so than TBA or as such say TBA is now Adventureland.. 🤔🙃

Chef idea Mickey`=

For anyone wondering why they went this route instead of bringing Radiator Spring's the town, Cars Land along with it, do any of you think it's because it may be odd standing in the land and then you hear the ship and the railroad chiming and honking from not so far by away... or wouldn't we care? Does this "frontier wilderness expedition makes it fit that the noise will make it well this makes superb sense."...

TheRealSkull

For anyone wondering why they went this route instead of bringing Radiator Spring's the town, Cars Land along with it, do any of you think it's because it may be odd standing in the land and then you hear the ship and the railroad chiming and honking from not so far by away... or wouldn't we care? Does this "frontier wilderness expedition makes it fit that the noise will make it well this makes superb sense."...
I think people were just assuming if OG Cars Land was added, the River was close to elimination or just taken out all together, thus leaving the Liberty Belle stationary. Heck, it still scares me there is a possibility of this happening, but there really is no reason for it to happen. They have plenty of space for both Cars and Villains.

The Chatbox Ghost

What Florida's Tomorrowland needs isn't an aesthetic overhaul, but it just needs a new attraction or two and maybe an upgrade to Space Mountain, plus something else to make Tomorrowland Speedway more relevant.

Disneyland's however, is a mess aesthetically.

I do agree with your statement in saying Tomorrowland needs help more than Frontierland, however, this seems to be of their utmost priority right now for some reason.
Best way to fix MK’s Tomorrowland imo:
  • Repaint everything with a 60s inspired color palette- white with red and blue accents
  • Redo signage and such to reflect this
  • Add a sit down restaurant- maybe a space jazz lounge with Sonny Eclispe?
  • Retrack Space Mountain and update effects
  • Replace MILF and SGE with new attractions, maybe BLSRS with Wreck it Ralph
Definitely a lot but it’ll make it last for a long time

ctrlaltdel

I wholeheartedly agree.
This is an intriguing project. The concept art looks like something potentially very unique and fun, plus I really don't know what it will be. Don't think it can be the slot car tech as it rains too often in FL for that to be viable, very interested to see the ride system. Some next-gen EMV?

I completely understand everyone's skepticism, especially losing at least a chunk of ROA. Not having a real overview (even through vague but clearly placed concept art) of where these Cars/Villains are placed really puts the fanbase on edge.

EeyoreFan#24

Yes that’s the concern - I’m not against cars being part of the magic kingdom. I could even live with cars being “beyond big thunder” but this is supposedly replacing the very heart and soul of the western side of the park!

Maybe I'm reading too much into the presentation, but the explanation for picking Frontierland (and the overall delivery compared to the other new additions) made it seem like they knew it would be controversial among fans.

JD80

Dynamic Attractions seems to think it's viable.

Could be!

My original point was responding to a point that it was a self driving vehicle.

The video shared was of an AGV which is an automatic guided vehicle which follows a track (digital or otherwise) So it's truly not self driving like a tesla.

erasure fan1

Maybe I'm reading too much into the presentation, but the explanation for picking Frontierland (and the overall delivery compared to the other new additions) made it seem like they knew it would be controversial among fans.
That's probably a good bet. I mean they started the whole presentation with, don't worry, none of this is blue sky! So they're obviously aware of what torks the fans. So a preemptive strike makes sense.

Centauri Space Station

I mean ... WDW Tomorrowland is also an aesthetic mess. Several raygun gothic props still litter the space from the 90s redo, some partially stripped back or heavily altered structural elements were just painted white rather than properly repaired or rethemed, they stopped repaving the area halfway during the latest round of work, and there are about three or four different styles for the area that are at odds with one another. Three attractions are in desperate need of replacement, one attraction sits completely empty, and one attraction needs repairs ASAP.
I mean the 90s redo was still half 70s TL as well, atleast the only attraction empty was the worst one while DL has four attractions abandoned in plain site and another a dumb meet and greet/ lounge.

Centauri Space Station

Eh… they are both such a mess it’s hard to pick a winner…. Or loser as the case may be.

At least the WDW closed attractions are well hidden - I’ll give them that.
How is it hard? DL has Rocket jets, peoplemover, magic eye, and the phantom boats rotting away, a poor restaurant in a former attraction, COP theater used for the bare minimum, a bottleneck spinner at the entrance, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom