News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

wannabeBelle

By the way....Off Kilter is THE actual BEST live act that has EVER played on ANY Disney property...period. (in my humble opinion)
1724195460912.png

1724195507297.png

Once upon a time......Marie

Schmidt

No no,...Epic is not going to "kill" MK. I think MK is reasonably or somewhat bulletproof. I think Epic will "hurt" DAK, DHS and Epcot. Why?

In order to get into Epic Universe, Universal is rumored to be forcing people to buy tickets to ALL THREE Universal parks at once. This means that if Epic gets a gazillion people in that park, those same gazillion people MUST go to Universal and Islands too....This "forces" those parks to ALSO have similar Epic Universe HIGH attendance numbers. (Tons of City Walk spending too)

What are the two limits that every vacation has? Time & money! Universal is going to STEAL a minimum of THREE days from everybody's vacation. They will also steal THREE days of your vacation spending budget too.

Instead of staying in Disney's "bubble" and burning an extra day or two at Universal? The model is now reversed....people will stay in the Universal bubble and burn the extra day or two at Disney. Yep...MK is a given but the "other" three Disney parks? How much leftover days or spending money will go to those parks?

Add to the fact that Disney has almost nothing new in 2025 to attract people? Yeah,...Universal is going to steal MUCH more time and money out of people's allotment than it normally does. Something has to give and I think it's Disney's "other" three parks that take the punch.

I live close to Orlando and I strongly suspect that my entire 2025 Disney budget will be spent in Universal for the year over multiple weekends. I let my Disney annual pass expire this year (first time EVER since 1998) and It's ALL going to Tokyo Disney in Nov. It's hard for me to believe but my entire 2025 Disney budget is going to Universal. There is just no reason for me to go to. I'm paying to ride Splash Mountain in Tokyo this year. Maybe I'll see Tiana's in 2026?

MK will basically be OK,...it's their other three parks that WILL ABSOLUTEY suffer. (Disney hotels revenue WILL ABSOLUTELY suffer too. I think Universal Hotels will steal a good chunk of it)

For the first time ever,...Universal will now have its own three day park/hotel "bubble" too.
You are oversimplifying. First of all lots of people are double fisting the Universal koolaid. I’ve been the parks this summer. To each is own but for me I prefer Disney.

I will say this that no one is mentioning. Adding Cars, and villains makes MK a 2 day park. With that strategy you will never leave Magic Kingdom. Actually very smart!

Schmidt

No no,...Epic is not going to "kill" MK. I think MK is reasonably or somewhat bulletproof. I think Epic will "hurt" DAK, DHS and Epcot. Why?

In order to get into Epic Universe, Universal is rumored to be forcing people to buy tickets to ALL THREE Universal parks at once. This means that if Epic gets a gazillion people in that park, those same gazillion people MUST go to Universal and Islands too....This "forces" those parks to ALSO have similar Epic Universe HIGH attendance numbers. (Tons of City Walk spending too)

What are the two limits that every vacation has? Time & money! Universal is going to STEAL a minimum of THREE days from everybody's vacation. They will also steal THREE days of your vacation spending budget too.

Instead of staying in Disney's "bubble" and burning an extra day or two at Universal? The model is now reversed....people will stay in the Universal bubble and burn the extra day or two at Disney. Yep...MK is a given but the "other" three Disney parks? How much leftover days or spending money will go to those parks?

Add to the fact that Disney has almost nothing new in 2025 to attract people? Yeah,...Universal is going to steal MUCH more time and money out of people's allotment than it normally does. Something has to give and I think it's Disney's "other" three parks that take the punch.

I live close to Orlando and I strongly suspect that my entire 2025 Disney budget will be spent in Universal for the year over multiple weekends. I let my Disney annual pass expire this year (first time EVER since 1998) and It's ALL going to Tokyo Disney in Nov. It's hard for me to believe but my entire 2025 Disney budget is going to Universal. There is just no reason for me to go to. I'm paying to ride Splash Mountain in Tokyo this year. Maybe I'll see Tiana's in 2026?

MK will basically be OK,...it's their other three parks that WILL ABSOLUTEY suffer. (Disney hotels revenue WILL ABSOLUTELY suffer too. I think Universal Hotels will steal a good chunk of it)

For the first time ever,...Universal will now have it's own three day park/hotel "bubble" too.
Nah.. Magic Kingdom is about to become a 2 day park. Don’t be so ready to give Universal the keys to kingdom. You should try being hyper critical with Univeral as well. When you do you will realize you are bringing a lot of bias to this discussion.

phillip9698

Respectfully I disagree. There is enough area to expand and provide more capacity, not only by building a new attraction that will attract more people but by providing more area for people to explore. As previously pointed out in this thread, there is a ton of places that could be repurposed that are within the confines of the park that are underutilized or not used for guest facing attractions at all. We havent ever seen new attractions in the expansion pads because other attractions were built in existing spaces within the parks. I simply dont believe the two concepts are related. Marie

Pretty much every proposal people have suggested here uses more expansion pad space than what Disney is planning by removing the river. Most of them use all the space back there. They are absolutely related.

If people were interested in exploring TSI they had the last 20 years to prove so. They didn’t.

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
Pretty much every proposal people have suggested here uses more expansion pad space than what Disney is planning by removing the river. Most of them use all the space back there. They are absolutely related.

If people were interested in exploring TSI they had the last 20 years to prove so. They didn’t.
As people say, you only appreciate what you have until it's gone. TSI/RoA is a perfect example of this.

phillip9698

IMO Disney needs to dump the Frontierland name at every park other than Disneyland. Keep the spirit of what Walt planned as intact as possible at Disneyland.

Everywhere else though, dump it. The Asian parks already realized this folly and changed the name, the MK needs to as well. Unlike Adventureland, Tomorrowland, and Fantasyland, Frontierland severely limits the themes of attractions that would holistically fit in the area. The other lands don’t have a time period attached to them like Frontierland does.

The frontier is dead and has been with kids for 50 years. The people it’ brings feelings of nostalgia to are no longer walking this earth, or are having a difficult time walking period. Change it to something generic western and you can keep the old time saloon theming but you can also have more modern takes with Cars or even the Pacific Northwest.

Last edited:

bwr827

IMO Disney needs to dump the Frontierland name at every park other than Disneyland. Keep the spirit of what Walt planned as intact as possible at Disneyland.

Everywhere else though, dump it. The Asian parks already realized this folly and changed the name, the MK needs to as well. Unlike Adventureland, Tomorrowland, and Fantasyland, Frontierland severely limits the themes of attractions that would holistically fit in the area. The other lands don’t have a time period attached to them like Frontierland does.

The frontier is dead and has been with kids for 50 years. The people it’s brings feelings of nostalgia to are no longer walking this earth, or are having a difficult time walking period. Change it to something generic western and you can keep the old time saloon theming but you can also have more modern takes with Cars or even the Pacific Northwest.
Western Adventure with a splash of the bayou. Just keep Frontier.

Cliff

Nah.. Magic Kingdom is about to become a 2 day park. Don’t be so ready to give Universal the keys to kingdom. You should try being hyper critical with Univeral as well. When you do you will realize you are bringing a lot of bias to this discussion.
MK is "about to" become a 2 day park???

This cars attraction will not be finished for 5 years,....at best. We ALL know that Disney likes to spread it's construction costs over MULTIPLE years financial books in order to make each quarterly report look better. 5 Years is considered "turbo speed" for Disney. Villans will be 8-10 years away....IF...Disney has healthy strong finances in a few years. If Disney's finances are "not" strong in 5 years?...Villian's might not ever get built.

So,...before 2030 we are likely to get a low cost parade, Big Thunder refresh with new FX and maybe a new castle projection show?....and a BIG,....HUGE,...UGLY,...construction bomb crater to walk around for 5+ years.

We know 2022 & 2023 was a strong pandemic "revenge" or "rebound" year. A TON of people left lock-down and traveled to the parks. Those people "blew their wad" so to speak and are in NO hurry to go back to Disney in 2024 and prolly 2025.

Disney has already warned investors in their quarterly and their Securities and Exchange Commission filings that THEY expect park attendance to continue to slide or be weak. No,..this is not "me" saying that...it's Burbank saying that.

I'll go back what we have always called the Disney Parks+Hotel "BUBBLE". Universal has never really had one before but I think we can now expect that they certainly DO now in 2025. People will stay in Universal's parks+hotel bubble and blow a lot of their cash there for a "forced", 3+ days and THEN head off to Magic Kingdom on maybe day 4 or 5.

I really hope Burbank lowers prices and stops forcing Genie+ so hard on E tickets and fake 7:00am 2 second lottery's. The frustration that causes next year will NOT fly well considering the brand new competition "bubble".

Epcot, Studios, Animal Kingdom WILL feel pain in 2025 from Universal.

peter11435

This cars attraction will not be finished for 5 years,....at best. We ALL know that Disney likes to spread it's construction costs over MULTIPLE years financial books in order to make each quarterly report look better. 5 Years is considered "turbo speed" for Disney.

So,...before 2030 we are likely to get a low cost parade, Big Thunder refresh with new FX and maybe a new castle projection show?....and a BIG,....HUGE,...UGLY,...construction bomb crater to walk around for 5+ years.

We know 2022 & 2023 was a strong pandemic "revenge" or "rebound" year. A TON of people left lock-down and traveled to the parks. Those people "blew their wad" so to speak and are in NO hurry to go back to Disney in 2024 and prolly 2025.

Disney has already warned investors in their quarterly and their Securities and Exchange Commission filings that THEY expect park attendance to continue to slide or be weak. No,..this is not "me" saying that...it's Burbank saying that.

I'll go back what we have always called the Disney Parks+Hotel "BUBBLE". Universal has never really had one before but I think we can now expect that they certainly DO now in 2025. People will stay in Universal's parks+hotel bubble and blow a lot of their cash there for a "forced", 3+ days and THEN head off to Magic Kingdom on maybe day 4 or 5.

I really hope Burbank lowers prices and stops forcing Genie+ so hard on E tickets and fake 7:00am 2 second lottery's. The frustration that causes next year will NOT fly well considering the brand new competition "bubble".

Outside of the two attractions impacted by COVID delays can you name a single attraction that took them 5 years to build?

Schmidt

This cars attraction will not be finished for 5 years,....at best. We ALL know that Disney likes to spread it's construction costs over MULTIPLE years financial books in order to make each quarterly report look better. 5 Years is considered "turbo speed" for Disney. Villans will be 8-10 years away....IF...Disney has healthy strong finances in a few years. If Disney's finances are "not" strong in 5 years?...Villian's might not ever get built.

I know what Pixie Dusters are but what are you. Dude I don’t know where to start so I won’t.

Enjoy

Cliff

Outside of the two attractions impacted by COVID delays can you name a single attraction that took them 5 years to build?
Tron and Epcot city park & cafeteria?

The speed that they build is based on they financial books they are dealing with at that time. Disney dumped 17+ billion on Disney+, linear TV is suffering, Pixar, Lucasfilm and Marvel are all suffering badly. Disney still needs to blow another 6-15 billion...on top,...of the billions they have already given to Universal for HULU. Still waiting on arbitration for that.

Parks is been the ONLY life vest that Disney has had...thank God. But they have been vacuuming every penny out of the parks to float all the failing divisions of the company and balance their books. "If" parks begin to slow more? Where is Disney going to get the money to float the company,. AND...pay for all this new construction?

Disney has cut back on daily parks maintenance and operations budgets to help pay the bills!

Where will this money come from? More and more debt? Interest rates during COVID were super low. New debt today will happen under higher interest rates. How will they service that new debt? Parks CAN'T float the company if attendance is lower then average.

These promises from Burbank are NOT going to be easy to keep!

peter11435

Tron and Epcot city park & cafeteria?

The speed that they build is based on they financial books they are dealing with at that time. Disney dumped 17+ billion on Disney+, linear TV is suffering, Pixar, Lucasfilm and Marvel are all suffering badly. Disney still needs to blow another 6-15 billion...on top,...of the billions they have already given to Universal for HULU. Still waiting on arbitration for that.

Parks is been the ONLY life vest that Disney has had...thank God. But they have been vacuuming every penny out of the parks to float all the failing divisions of the company and balance their books. "If" parks begin to slow more? Where is Disney going to get the money to float the company,. AND...pay for all this new construction?

Disney has cut back on daily parks maintenance and operations budgets to help pay the bills!

Where will this money come from? More and more debt? Interest rates during COVID were super low. New debt today will happen under higher interest rates. How will they service that new debt? Parks CAN'T float the company if attendance is lower then average.

These promises from Burbank are NOT going to be easy to keep!
I said aside from Covid.

Cliff

I know what Pixie Dusters are but what are you. Dude I don’t know where to start so I won’t.

Enjoy
I have loved this company since I was 10 years old have have been a radicle super warrior for it my whole life. (I'm 55)

But I also try to be "realistic" as best I can. No,..I'm not a "Pixie Duster". I'm Just a realistic fan that is not happy with what Burbank has done the company I have always loved so deeply.

They have made HORRIBLE business decisions in recent years.

JSouth25

If ppl are on these boards - they are fans of the parks, and already have a better understanding of how theme parks operate & how expansion can occur. Making fun of people who understand what space is under-utilized, is a silly argument on a theme park forum.
I apologize if my post came off as rude. I understand talking about the logistics of this stuff, but I guess I’m just less focused on that stuff and moreso on the guest experience. I also think having things like the Rivers and Liberty Belle do so much for ambience more than anything, and that isn’t something that can be measured on a spreadsheet, and I’m worried that they’re not considering the atmosphere and magic that will be lost once it’s gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom