News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

deix15x8

They got the wrong park for this, they should have put it in Animal Kingdom! ducks

Now that you've broken your computer, think about it. It's an entire land themed to nature just like Animal Kingdom's lands. There is currently areas around the world and they've just added Central America, but have no North America land. Think of it not as Cars Land, but a North America themed land that features a large car ride. Instead of safari vehicles or river rapids, people travel in cars to explore North America and see the animals that reside there. Go back to the original Cars movie, start on a paved road and head off road to the natural wonders of the country that everyone has forgotten about. As your car takes you slowly through the land it keeps running into Matter animatronics that can be remotely operated to point out animals. Instead of a driver moving with the car pointing them out, make the person stationary talking through a character at the different areas and sharing info combined with a car radio.

The benefit though comes from at night. Where the current two animal attractions shut down at night you could then crank things up at night and convert it into a true Cars high adrenaline ride where your trying to get somewhere and Mater has a "shortcut" that takes you on a wild ride through the natural wonders of North America. That's the benefit of a dynamic ride system that can adapt to an animal mode and non animal mode. It gives Animal Kingdom what it needs, more animals with an emphasis on conservation while increasing the nighttime appeal of the park.

In addition to that ride you could add a primarily indoor ride, possible a boat (yes another one) or some kind of new dog sled ride (not sure how that would work) that takes you to the far north regions into the snowy tundra to see an additional set of unique animals and conditions. Seems like at it's roots this new Cars Land is based on the concept of North America which is exactly how Animal Kingdom lands are, and if done right fits perfectly to the original concept of the park.

Dizknee_Phreek

I think the thing that leaves me feeling unsettled about all this, outside of losing RoA, is how this was handled. The timing of the announcement about the placement of Cars was a slap in the face to fans. They could have waited a few months to at least give the appearance that it wasn't fully decided before D23. But it very clearly was. They were just too chicken to announce it in person. I don't know. It just felt super shady. We've all known that the company has drastically changed over the past few decades. But they've always appeared to try to pixie dust it with flowery corporate speak. It doesn't seem like they even tried to do that this time. And it feels defeating to me.

Sir_Cliff

Now that you've broken your computer, think about it. It's an entire land themed to nature just like Animal Kingdom's lands. There is currently areas around the world and they've just added Central America, but have no North America land. Think of it not as Cars Land, but a North America themed land that features a large car ride. Instead of safari vehicles or river rapids, people travel in cars to explore North America and see the animals that reside there. Go back to the original Cars movie, start on a paved road and head off road to the natural wonders of the country that everyone has forgotten about. As your car takes you slowly through the land it keeps running into Matter animatronics that can be remotely operated to point out animals. Instead of a driver moving with the car pointing them out, make the person stationary talking through a character at the different areas and sharing info combined with a car radio.

That would be kind of hilarious. You'd go to Africa, Asia, and Latin America and see beautiful animals and different ecosystems. Then, you'd enter North America and you would see... cars.

Remember, in the world of Cars (and thus the new centrepiece of Frontierland) there are no animals, just cars.

October82

That would be kind of hilarious. You'd go to Africa, Asia, and Latin America and see beautiful animals and different ecosystems. Then, you'd enter North America and you would see... cars.

Remember, in the world of Cars (and thus the new centrepiece of Frontierland) there are no animals, just cars.
To be fair, that would be in line with much of the North American experience.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Put this on North Eastern edge East of Toy Story Land. Yes this would of been better where Toy Story Land sits because it would transitioned perfectly into with Galaxy's Edge, both tall trees and forest setup.

Or what you can do is consider Disney let California Adventure expand on this retheming replacing on Grizzly Peak. Then after that's completed no need for this in WDW. Exclusivity is done and you can instead bring Cars Land Radiator Spring's to Disney's Hollywood Studios once and for all because California Adventure would be the place to go to experience the FULL Cars Experience.

October82

Put this on North Eastern edge East of Toy Story Land. Yes this would of been better where Toy Story Land sits because it would transitioned perfectly into with Galaxy's Edge, both tall trees and forest setup.

Or what you can do is consider Disney let California Adventure expand on this retheming replacing on Grizzly Peak. Then after that's completed no need for this in WDW. Exclusivity is done and you can instead bring Cars Land Radiator Spring's to Disney's Hollywood Studios once and for all because California Adventure would be the place to go to experience the FULL Cars Experience.
I wouldn't put it past them to do this, but Grizzly Peak is about the only redeeming feature of California IP Adventure at this point.

(although RSR is the rare semi-recent IP driven attraction that works pretty well)

MickMinn22

Those are just my guesses 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️ I'm not them. Why I'm saying this because Epcot and Frontierland doesn't seem to matter to them and those should be the best kept parts of parks in WDW in my honest opinion
I used to always think of Frontierland as an old west desert. I’m hoping this attraction is more natural Rocky Mountains than fake cartoon cars mountain. If it’s more Rocky Mountain, then the store front in Frontierland still fit the theme in my mind. There are plenty of mountain towns that have that same feel to them (Telluride colorado). Also thematically I would still see it as going from east coast (liberty square) to the American frontier through the Rocky Mountains (new cars attraction) and further west in BTMRR.

Just how I’m thinking about it which in my mind doesn’t seem like the Frontierland theme doesn’t matter.

Chef idea Mickey`=

I think the thing that leaves me feeling unsettled about all this, outside of losing RoA, is how this was handled. The timing of the announcement about the placement of Cars was a slap in the face to fans. They could have waited a few months to at least give the appearance that it wasn't fully decided before D23. But it very clearly was. They were just too chicken to announce it in person. I don't know. It just felt super shady. We've all known that the company has drastically changed over the past few decades. But they've always appeared to try to pixie dust it with flowery corporate speak. It doesn't seem like they even tried to do that this time. And it feels defeating to me.
They led us to believe that Beyond Big Thunder is everything Beyond Big Thunder. They never ever said in order to build Villains we're going to need to remove something else you all Love just because they want a big walking path for it that Haunted Mansion can't provide because the River.

They pulled a Largest Expansion slogan and everyone screamed and high praised that first time announcement and think the team went yep, they approve while at the same time showing us concept art because looking back Coco and Encanto may been on that art on Rivers of America Ground because in the distance you see Villans in the Back and Big Thunder stands in front.

Now at D23 they made us see the Big Thunder as it's there in the backdrop and the car is racing Beyond Big Thunder because it's Beyond meaning West. But No it's not and maybe it never ever was 🥺 except someone mentioned Coco I don't know with Cars was to been placed West Beyond Big Thunder. But still they GOT US I SUPPOSE so disgusting.

TheRealSkull

When you put it that way, how can anyone defend this?!
Nah man they already broke those rules...
Screenshot_20240815_232916~2.jpg

TrainsOfDisney

12535941-8E5E-494D-A0D0-9732EFE79003.jpeg

Here’s my solution - WDI can mail me a check 🙈

If they need the space they can fill in the water by big thunder and close the canal. Or if it makes more sense leave it open the walkway can be a drawbridge allowing access for the Belle.

Personally I’d do the coco boat ride next to mansion and let that tie in frontier, mansion and Villians - it’s the perfect property to do that.

If Cars is a mandated IP for the area then rockwork can help hide mansion facade.

If space is an issue - cars ride could go over the path and water on a bridge and use the island space but ideally that would remain as the original island with the mills.

TP2000

I honestly don’t know how they would’ve expanded ”Beyond Big Thunder“ by building along the edges of the river without ruining the aesthetic of the Rivers of America anyway. They would’ve needed to craft the sight line in Frontierland (blocking views of the river) to prevent guests from seeing Villains from Frontierland.

They did it wonderfully in Disneyland. With Magic Kingdom's extra acreage, they could do it even better there.

Disneyland went from this, taken from the Hungry Bear Restaurant patio circa 2015....

75583.jpg

To this view from the same spot on the Hungry Bear Restaurant patio three years later, in 2018 with Star Wars under construction just beyond the rerouted river and railroad tracks....

IMG_8894-Th.jpg

TP2000

View attachment 809723
Here’s my solution - WDI can mail me a check 🙈

If they need the space they can fill in the water by big thunder and close the canal. Or if it makes more sense leave it open the walkway can be a drawbridge allowing access for the Belle.

Personally I’d do the coco boat ride next to mansion and let that tie in frontier, mansion and Villians - it’s the perfect property to do that.

If Cars is a mandated IP for the area then rockwork can help hide mansion facade.

If space is an issue - cars ride could go over the path and water on a bridge and use the island space but ideally that would remain as the original island with the mills.

Here's my solution I posted over in the Disneyland forum, where we are marveling at the idiocy of this entire concept...

The yellow arrows are major walkways and land access allowing mass migration of people around and through the northern expansion plots for Cars and Villains built on a shortened but plussed up version of the Rivers of America. Adding not just new and fresh show scenes and storylines to the river, but also returning a second Riverboat and a fleet of Keelboats back to the river to get back to around 2,500 riders per hour for that river complex. Because the weather is so miserable in Orlando so much of the year, they can bring back the Keelboats instead of the Canoes like they have at Disneyland.

This would be much like Disneyland did with its own river and railroad in order to build Star Wars Land, plus prep for a future expansion on the 15 acre expansion pad to the north of Fantasyland.

The Smart Way To Run A Park.jpg

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Here's my solution I posted over in the Disneyland forum, where we are marveling at the idiocy of this entire concept...

The yellow arrows are major walkways and land access allowing mass migration of people around and through the northern expansion plots for Cars and Villains built on a shortened but plussed up version of the Rivers of America. Adding not just new and fresh show scenes and storylines to the river, but also returning a second Riverboat and a fleet of Keelboats back to the river to get back to around 2,500 riders per hour for that river complex. Because the weather is so miserable in Orlando so much of the year, they can bring back the Keelboats instead of the Canoes like they have at Disneyland.

This would be much like Disneyland did with its own river and railroad in order to build Star Wars Land, plus prep for a future expansion on the 15 acre expansion pad to the north of Fantasyland.

View attachment 809725
This really is the sensible solution. If your incentives are “true expansion” in terms of capacity and overall guest experience regardless of the cost.

But I also think it goes against everything TDO stands for and how the execs in Burbank view the WDW business model, too.

EricsBiscuit

View attachment 809725
Be careful, with such a logical solution, you will have a ton of pixie dusters lining up to explain why that can’t work.

Chef idea Mickey`=

This would be much like Disneyland did with its own river and railroad in order to build Star Wars Land, plus prep for a future expansion on the 15 acre expansion pad to the north of Fantasylan
View attachment 809725
Getting to Cars Land from the back of Big Thunder is a pretty cool concept thus you can still access it on and out between that and right before one of the entrances to V. Also having a route to Cars there is smart because that plot just West of Big Thunder was intended anyways for Coco to been there I believe so in the future your connecting another land. This blueprint is how you do it the same as you did Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom