News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Wall-e

The Haunted Mansion is not Phantom Manor, it does not need an unrelated backstory shoved into it.

Obscure backstories aren’t a substitute for theme.
Tough crowd. Just trying to help people find a silver lining. Thankfully I’m already fully onboard and look forward to walking straight from BTM to HM and back again, cohesive story or not. 😁

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Tough crowd. Just trying to help people find a silver lining. Thankfully I’m already fully onboard and look forward to walking straight from BTM to HM and back again, cohesive story or not. 😁
Alot of the Cars shorts relating to Piston Peak were of a spooky nature as well. Disney could potentially lean into that if they wanted a transitional area leading to Haunted Mansion.

FettFan

Alot of the Cars shorts relating to Piston Peak were of a spooky nature as well. Disney could potentially lean into that if they wanted a transitional area leading to Haunted Mansion.

The Cars are actually human ghosts possessing automobiles. They started by possessing suits of armor in the Mansion.

Eventually, they will lose their personalities and faces, just moving on their own….the trains of BTM.

lentesta

Premium Member
You have got to be kidding me :banghead:

If they're going to let the current political climate dictate what they do with an original WDW attraction, they truly are lost. I sincerely hope both @wdwmagic and @lentesta are simply speculating here. I can't believe this is true.

I mean, there are only four possible timelines (who wins the election and whether HOP closes before the show can be updated with that result).

Write out those four possibilities.

The one that *I* would least like to be asked to justify to the board, guests, cast members, and the media is "We closed Hall of Presidents before anyone could see the United States' first woman President there."

They have options. They could announce before the US election that HOP is closing no matter who wins. They'd probably get the same "Here's why there'll NEVER be a woman in Disney's Hall of Presidents" clickbait headlines, but maybe for a shorter period of time.

Given the fan reaction to Rivers of America (and Muppets, if/when that happens), my guess is they have enough to handle right now.

I could be wrong.

lentesta

Premium Member
The Cars are actually human ghosts possessing automobiles. They started by possessing suits of armor in the Mansion.

Eventually, they will lose their personalities and faces, just moving on their own….the trains of BTM.

Questions I would love to ask Josh D'Amaro:
  • Does Lightning McQueen purchase life insurance or car insurance?
  • The Popemobile appeared in Cars 2, implying the existence of Jesus Christ as an automobile. What make and model was the messiah?
This is why I don't get invited to media events.

Tha Realest

• The Popemobile appeared in Cars 2, implying the existence of Jesus Christ as an automobile. What make and model was the messiah?
It’s Disney. As if you need to ask that question:

1723811248456.png

Incomudro

I bet those people who were begging that a Cars Land clone wouldn't be built in DHS would much rather prefer that now as opposed to what has been announced.

Man just think if it had been this way: Galaxy's Edge in Echo Lake/Indiana Jones area expanding out into the parking lot. Toy Story Land where it is now. Cars Land where Galaxy's Edge currently sits. Monsters Inc Land where Animation Courtyard is. Hollywood Studios would have been a full day park by then. Then we could have just had Villains Land and all would have been fine.
I was quite happy with a Radiator Springs Cars Land being built in DHS!

psherman42

Well by that logic, let’s just pave over world showcase lagoon as well. Who cares about theming but at least you can walk straight from future world to any of the other countries in world showcase.

MrPromey

Weird. I thought they were going to be the ghosts of slain unhappy guests opposing these changes to this part of the park and that would be part of the narration every time is breaks down:

"Sorry folks - looks like the pesky ghost of a WDW Forum member gained free will again and brought their vehicle to a stop. Sit tight while we get 'em under control. You'll be rollin' againg in a jiffy."

psherman42

I mean, there are only four possible timelines (who wins the election and whether HOP closes before the show can be updated with that result).

Write out those four possibilities.

The one that *I* would least like to be asked to justify to the board, guests, cast members, and the media is "We closed Hall of Presidents before anyone could see the United States' first woman President there."

They have options. They could announce before the US election that HOP is closing no matter who wins. They'd probably get the same "Here's why there'll NEVER be a woman in Disney's Hall of Presidents" clickbait headlines, but maybe for a shorter period of time.

Given the fan reaction to Rivers of America (and Muppets, if/when that happens), my guess is they have enough to handle right now.

I could be wrong.
Yeah…I can’t imagine they’d want the inevitable media backlash if they announced they were closing HOP when there’s a possibility of the first woman president. Especially not when it’s easily avoidable.

MrPromey

Questions I would love to ask Josh D'Amaro:
  • Does Lightning McQueen purchase life insurance or car insurance?
This is why I don't get invited to media events.

In the world of cars are graveyards allowed to run as u-pull-its?

Wall-e

My take… Disney is never going to compete as a “rides first” kinda park. Because rides are (relatively) cheap and easy to make. They exist in every parking lot carnival and fair these days. And if you want to just go pound rides all day, there are places that are: 1. Much better suited to that but 2. Still not making nearly the profit Disney does. Disney’s rides have always existed as an extension of other elements of the parks.

So sure, it’s not reflected in spreadsheets, but executives are not literal robots incapable of making inferences or observations. If people want theming and immersive environments, it’s not rocket science to figure that out. I think we’ll get there, I just worry about what will be lost in the process.
We've been to Six Flags Great Adventure and Hershey Park (twice) over the last year and a half. My son and I have been on 5 rides at Hershey (one the last time we were there) and about the same in a day at Great Adventure. Granted we had discount tickets on a holiday weekend both times but we both found that the lines (even when they were short) were a miserable experience at both parks. IMO Disney still has them (and in some ways Universal) beat when it comes to being entertained and out of the elements when waiting in line. There's more AC at Disney then any park we've been to anywhere.

Tha Realest

I know we’re forbidden to discuss religion here, but the great schism between Disney and Universal rears it’s ugly head here again (KITT from Knight Rider and the Transformers are Universal properties - does that make their followers Universalists?)

phillip9698

Here's my solution I posted over in the Disneyland forum, where we are marveling at the idiocy of this entire concept...

The yellow arrows are major walkways and land access allowing mass migration of people around and through the northern expansion plots for Cars and Villains built on a shortened but plussed up version of the Rivers of America. Adding not just new and fresh show scenes and storylines to the river, but also returning a second Riverboat and a fleet of Keelboats back to the river to get back to around 2,500 riders per hour for that river complex. Because the weather is so miserable in Orlando so much of the year, they can bring back the Keelboats instead of the Canoes like they have at Disneyland.

This would be much like Disneyland did with its own river and railroad in order to build Star Wars Land, plus prep for a future expansion on the 15 acre expansion pad to the north of Fantasyland.

View attachment 809725

So about that 2500 guests per hour. Is Disney going to force people at gunpoint to ride that boat and experience that island?

WDW guests have shown over the past decade+ they don’t want to get on that boat or go to that island. No amount of colors on google maps is changing that.

Last edited:

Wall-e

In the world of cars are graveyards allowed to run as u-pull-its?

I've rethought that one and think I should have said:

"In the world of Cars, do graveyards operate as u-pull-its?"

If you're going to steal, I want you to steal my best better less mediocre work. ;)
Funny and it's been suggested in the Cars universe. Cars 2 had a underground parts market where they encounter this car.

1723813919492.png

John park hopper

Here is Idea Disney drain the RoA and make it into a huge skate board run. You are all about what is popular --skateboarding has been popular for years even in the Olympics. (sarcasm)

MrPromey

We've been to Six Flags Great Adventure and Hershey Park (twice) over the last year and a half. My son and I have been on 5 rides at Hershey (one the last time we were there) and about the same in a day at Great Adventure. Granted we had discount tickets on a holiday weekend both times but we both found that the lines (even when they were short) were a miserable experience at both parks. IMO Disney still has them (and in some ways Universal) beat when it comes to being entertained and out of the elements when waiting in line. There's more AC at Disney then any park we've been to anywhere.
Universal can do an amazing job when it comes to queue themeing and passive entertainment but it always baffles me how quickly they give up on that when it comes to reserved extended queue space. Like I get it when Hagrids is backed up and they have to send the line snaking through other parts of the park but what's up with how they take you into Gringots and then routinely send you out a door in the back into totally unthemed switchbacks only to bring you right back into the theme, pretty much daily?

Same with Spiderman.

I never see it used but always think what a bad day some people must have while going through the greenhouse area of Forbidden Journey and seeing the massive extended queue there next to that, too that I assume, must get use at some points in the year.

They do that all over in IOA but I suppose they're getting a little better about it with newer builds since both the aforementioned Hagrids and Velosicoaster have some level of theme applied to all of their reserved queue space even if it's more minimal at the end sections.

It'll be interesting to see how they have this set up for everything in the new park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom