News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Grantwil93

Unfortunately you are absolutely correct. Talked to hundreds of guests already about this and fellow CM's and literally only 2 ppl were actually upset. The reality of the actual opinions of guests is not even remotely in line with what many here and on X think it is.
And to add, I'm not saying guests even know what's good for them.
The general public is stupid.
Remember when Homer designed a car in The Simpsons?
Yeah. I'm more just saying that this is a case where what is being put in is an incredibly popular idea with families. Unless it turns out to be a garbage experience, this will go over very very well with 90% or more guests

Muppets is definitely more beloved by the 20-40 year old demo, which is why that one has more negative opinions among guests and the internet atm

Quietmouse

I wonder if they can somehow dock the boat in frontier lane and utilize it as a premium restaurant space? It would allow Disney to continue to generate revenue instead of figuring out how to dismantle and move the entire boat.

hopemax

Yes but would you explore it again on a repeat visit ? I think that’s kind of the main topic point. The boat nor the island had a repeatability factor.
The biggest deterrent we find is not a lack of interest, but a lack of time. It takes so much time and energy to do the top 5 things, something else doesn’t make the cut.

A Cars attraction isn’t going to magically give people more time in their day to experience it. It’s going to present people with harder decisions of what to eliminate from their schedule. And then that thing will be on the chopping block, regardless of its quality. And eventually the MK problem of “there are too many attractions” to operate and staff, compared to the other parks, goes away.

Disney’s answer isn’t make DHS more like the MK, enough variety, capacity and options to go around, which is what guests want. It’s make MK more like DHS. Whittle that attraction count down, people homogenize their attraction selections (we’ve seen this with all the FP, LL options and the guides to maximize your choices, don’t waste them!) , more pinch points, more money / time commitments to experience.

Grantwil93

A couple of things in the Bill Zanetti screed that has been posted sure does raise eyebrows:

There's an attraction right around the corner about which the same was said. How has that worked out?

Again, a reskinned attraction right around the corner would like a word or two about reliability.

We are going to lose RoA and TSI for an attraction by today's WDI that gave us TBA. Blech.
Reliability will be the thing that sinks this above all else. There is a maintenance problem property wide atm

doctornick

For those who don't have Twitter/X and can't read it, here is the full explanation:

"It’s hard to see from the art, but there are new ponds, streams, and waterfalls that are being created, so it’s not a total loss of water. There will actually be more kinetic energy with this than there currently is in the area. But as for why…

Remember that the Rivers of America at WDW are connected by a lock to the Seven Seas Lagoon. Major challenges exist to this river system and drainage in the area that need to be accounted for. The foundation of the river isn’t in great shape, nor is it filtered water. The nature of this river surrounding the island system also prevents construction on the islands. To retain any of this river as is would be impossible, as the connection would need to remain near Thunder Mountain to the lock.

One of the key drivers of this re-do was requested by the park management itself… to eliminate dead ends. That can’t be accomplished while retaining the navigable river system. So you have an aging river basin in dire need of resurfacing, logistical nightmares to improve the islands, and dead end pathways on two sides. Plus access must be created to get to the other side of the river systems for any expansion.

Ignoring the fact that "where there is a will, there is a way" and you could definitely get access to north of RoA by going around the waterway - if they wanted - you could still retain at least some of the existing river but still fill in other and build on the island by just using bridges over whatever you keep. keep the water from BTMRR down and around the about the Liberty Belle dock (and permanently dock the boat). Then build brides over the water to this new land.

You can even infill the retained water somewhat and make it narrower if needed to have a bit more land.

1723656210550.png

Grantwil93

I wonder if they can somehow dock the boat in frontier lane and utilize it as a premium restaurant space? It would allow Disney to continue to generate revenue instead of figuring out how to dismantle and move the entire boat.
I'd honestly see a world where it gets parked on land as the front of a new Tiana restaurant, with a building attavhed to the other side. I don't even know where that would be, but I don't know what else you can do with her

Quietmouse

The biggest deterrent we find is not a lack of interest, but a lack of time. It takes so much time and energy to do the top 5 things, something else doesn’t make the cut.

A Cars attraction isn’t going to magically give people more time in their day to experience it. It’s going to present people with harder decisions of what to eliminate from their schedule. And then that thing will be on the chopping block, regardless of its quality. And eventually the MK problem of “there are too many attractions” to operate and staff, compared to the other parks, goes away.

Disney’s answer isn’t make DHS more like the MK, enough variety, capacity and options to go around, which is what guests want. It’s make MK more like DHS. Whittle that attraction count down, people homogenize their attraction selections (we’ve seen this with all the FP, LL options and the guides to maximize your choices, don’t waste them!) , more pinch points, more money / time commitments to experience.

I’m not sure if time was a huge factor.

I think it’s more to do with do we go to an island that doesn’t really have anything to do, and ride a boat that we’ve already done before (which isn’t all that exciting and takes a while to load and unload or go to the next attraction?

I think there were ways to make tsi more attractive for guests, but that’s neither here nor there at this point.

DisneyNeighbor

Disney sure knows how to remove the soul out of a theme park! Erasing Mark Twain and Huck! Give them time they will drain the world showcase lagoon to drop in a few rides! Then drain bay lake and turn it into parking! I think it’s time to stop giving them $10k a year and spend it in the Caribbean at a resort relaxing on a beach! It’s time to grow up and say goodbye to that inner child!

Bocabear

There was actually a lot to do on TSI...the Fort with it's secret escape tunnel, the Mystery Mine, Injun Joe's Cave... then walking trails and the Mill... I think if they had developed Aunt Polly's into something, it would have been better but logistically difficult on the island... but that is neither her or there anymore...it will all be demolished...ahhh Progress.....

TrainsOfDisney

i will say this…. If any plan on the table resulted in docking the riverboat - I care less that they chose this plan.

I’m guessing the riverboat will end up parked near Tiana - maybe just a set piece, maybe a themed bar, maybe a little stage for Tiana and Louis to wave during up charge nights? Haha

el_super

This is absolutely true.

Disney’s answer isn’t make DHS more like the MK, enough variety, capacity and options to go around, which is what guests want. It’s make MK more like DHS.

This I disagree with. We've seen them spend, literally billions of dollars, to upgrade and enhance the other parks and it never really draws people way from MK. People go to WDW to get their picture in front of the castle and to do "Disney." It creates all sorts of lopsided capacity issues with trying to serve what is essentially the highest attended theme park in the world.

They tried to make DHS, DAK and Epcot MORE like MK to lure people away, but it hasn't worked. MK isn't becoming more like DHS, MK is getting more Disney.

doctornick

i will say this…. If any plan on the table resulted in docking the riverboat - I care less that they chose this plan.

I’m guessing the riverboat will end up parked near Tiana - maybe just a set piece, maybe a themed bar, maybe a little stage for Tiana and Louis to wave during up charge nights? Haha

The Riverboat is going away totally, not being docked. There's no place to dock it if they don't have any water.

DarkMetroid567

To all of the people that are completely OK with this change, I will say this: sooner or later, Disney is going to rip out the attraction/land/area that you think is sacred, that you love, that you think is integral to the parks. Only then will you understand how we feel about this change.
I get this. Eventually in my 40s or 50s they’ll take away something I really loved as a kid, maybe something like Submarine Voyage. But I’ve already made peace with that.

I think the knowledge that the attractions you visit won’t always be there makes each visit more meaningful.

KDM31091

A couple of things in the Bill Zanetti screed that has been posted sure does raise eyebrows:

There's an attraction right around the corner about which the same was said. How has that worked out?

Again, a reskinned attraction right around the corner would like a word or two about reliability.

We are going to lose RoA and TSI for an attraction by today's WDI that gave us TBA. Blech.
Exactly. They said the same thing almost word for word about Tiana. And they didn’t deliver. Nor did they deliver anything close to what had been been promised for Epcot. I mean does anyone like the “new” central area of Epcot better or think it’s a great improvement over what was previously there?

phillip9698

The MK is a two day park as is. You can experience anything you want in those 2 days, time isnt an issue. Given 2 days most people still do not go visit TSI.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom