News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

billy023

I get your apprehension, and when it's all over the area could look like a horrible, Cars version of TSL. But the renderings, again as shown, appear to focus more on the mountain/forest aesthetic of the Rocky Mountain West and not the Cars themselves, except the Piston mountain of course.
Yes, I hope it comes across more Rocky Mountain than cars! I think it’s this for me: The river denotes the Mississippi, the break from the east to the west. Saloons, jamborees, Thunder Mountain then speak to that Frontier. Without the river, I can’t picture how we "get to" Rocky Mountains. Plus that waterway is just so darn pleasing to the soul. Again, it’s how they work Rocky Mountain with jamborees and saloons and the other mountain ranges. I just can’t see it nor trust if they do. Let’s see!

MrPromey

Another thing I don't understand is why people are falling for that 'reveal' of villains land at the end of the panel. That is such a vague piece of concept art with no location nor time frame announced that was obviously dropped out there to give fans something to hang onto. We'll see.
It's basically like saying "We're re-announcing the blue sky concept from a few years ago as something we actually plan to do now, for-reals. It'll be open before your children entering kindergarten graduate from high school... no further details at this time. Here's some new non-committal concept art for everyone to blog and vlog about!"

Last edited:

AdventureHasAName

I’m sorry you lost me at comparing TSI to Cinderella Castle. I love the feel of ROA don’t get me wrong, but I’m fine sacrificing it for something new.
The point that has been made ad nauseum is that we could have both ... we didn't need to sacrifice something. The park is surrounded by woods on 75% of its exterior boundry. The impediment is their unwillingness to spend.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Looks like the Railroad track will be right outside of the one laydown yard. I do have to wonder if they will eventually close the railroad and put in a construction access road to tie this yard to the construction area.

1723499355531.png

Fox&Hound

All this talk has made me realize that what I love about WDW truly is not just the rides, but the entire experience of the parks. I love the trees, the water features, and beauty of the parks themselves. One of the reasons I love MK so much is because of areas like ROA where I can sit and stare out over the water and think about life. I bet the majority of "rides, rides, rides" people are fine with this because they view the parks as collection of rides to experience and this gives them more of what they want. But for those of us who view the parks as an escape from the hustle and bustle of the world, this choice hurts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom