News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The blessing of size does not refer to Magic Kingdom, it's about the Walt Disney World Resort.

Magic Kingdom doesn't need to get any bigger.
I wish they’d focus on the other 3 parks having the same number of attractions as MK before expanding there. I know they will never be up to MKs level, but you can spread out MK crowds by having 3 other parks with more draw

doctornick

Honestly, for me, if they just came out and said that they'd keep the portion of RoA next to Liberty Sq and the CBJ part of Frontierland and had the boat permanently docked, I would be fine. That's it, I just want there to be a water feature where there is supposed to be a riverside.

That's my main concern. I mean, I wouldn't like losing TSI and the actual riverboat ride, but I'd be okay with it much like I'm okay with losing Maelstrom or losing the subs or any number of decisions that I have disagreed with over the years. But removing the water entirely is just IMHO idiotic and indefensible. Mostly because it doesn't even make any sense.

And I guess my thing about it is that is is so shortsighted. Keeping a proper riverside is simple for the area and even would help enhance the visual for Cars by providing some distance.

basas

As a Brit, I find this a very strange sentiment. You guys realise that many of our theme parks over in Northern Europe already have log flumes, right?

Fair enough. Are they seasonal parks or year-round? I visited Disneyland Paris over Christmas about 10 years ago…the last thing I wanted was to get wet. I always had been under the impression that’s why Splash Mountain never made it to Paris. Anyway, it’s not a big deal…I was just surprised at the announcement.

Disstevefan1

You'd have to actually know that history, first, not just a version of it that you've decided is the "right" history. Disney has never been about a proper showcase of history, it's always been sanitized or altered for comedy's or exoticism's sake from the get-go, so I suppose there should've been people up in arms about that from the moment the park opened.
The “right” version of history is the version of whoever is in control of writing the textbooks for that region, at that moment in time.

The truth is unknown.

Ice Gator

Why are you so bothered about people caring about something? That's weird to me.
I’m sorry if I triggered you with my opinion on the matter which is generally unbothered.

I’m tired of the hypocrisy in the Disney (adult) community when it comes to new additions. It’s like the opposite of the Tiana/Splash announcement- if you weren’t on board with Tiana then you were labeled as “weird” or unable to let go of the past. Then the ride opens and look what happened and how people switched up.

I guess now removing a body of water and a generally unused area for new attractions is suddenly the end of the Disney parks according to certain people on here? I’m annoyed with people embracing the negatives over postive aspects of what this land could bring- I don’t think that’s weird of me at all.

TrainsOfDisney

This ain’t no Splash Mountain replacement- yet for some reason people seem more up in arms about this change.
This is way worse.
Magic Kingdom doesn't need to get any bigger.
So no villains land?
It makes plenty of sense if they found the numbers of people actually riding the boat don't warrant running the boat.
If they didn’t want to run the boat they could have stopped running it years ago. They aren’t building a cars land so they can stop running a boat haha.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
does anyone know how deep the RoA is? Maybe they wont be filling it all up and using some of it as below level cavern scenes???
It’s not that deep
1723498350521.jpeg

MrPromey

You do if you have to get on a boat to enjoy it.

Except you don't.

It's also a set piece for all of Frontierland and Liberty Square.

"An expensive set piece that takes up a lot of space!"

Well yeah, like the castle that as it functions today could and by the metrics being used here, should be replaced by a proper stage and larger restaurant than they have today behind it, right?

Or is that idea just ridiculous?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom