News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Incomudro

I am generalizing because I have kids. They never liked Tom Sawyer that much, I told them about Cars and they were enthusiastic 🤷‍♂️ No one in my family cared the slightest about the river being replaced. Not one. Lands can be themed "to the past" without being outdated/problematic. If there's a problematic piece of history, then I would expect it to be history. Theres a time and place for it, not in a Disney park. Look at the redos they've been doing throughout Adventureland to make it less problematic. Also exploring jungles and foreign worlds is FAR more timeless than Cowboys. I can name 10 popular movies in the last 30 years about exploring a jungle or exotic locale...very few I can name about cowboys. Even less anything that Disney could use. Exploration is timeless. Cowboys are not.
My twin sons (now 22) have loved Cars since the moment it debuted.
The never cared for Westerns, though one loved Unforgiven when he became old enough to watch it.
They have however always enjoyed and understood the aesthetic outside of the obvious manmade parts.
My son Jack in particular always loves looking down into the waterways.
I've got a beautiful picture of my Son Dean at age 14 with the riverboat behind him.

KDM31091

I'll believe it when I see it.
This. They seemingly hate water features and turn them off or eliminate them entirely at any possible opportunity. The Adventureland fountains have been dry for what, 10+ years now at least? The moat was partially filled in. 20K leagues lagoon gone. Fountain and streams near former Skyway station in FL, now gone with the remodel to the Tangled bathrooms. Just concrete, concrete, and more concrete. Tomorrowland Skyway station was partially demolished for really no reason since the space is still a bathroom just like before, and otherwise useless, just like before, and of course, the waterfall is now gone.

If the budget gets cut in the slightest for any of these projects, I suspect the water features will be the first to go.

Sectorkeeper71

Alligators are a danger in any waterway bigger than a drinking fountain. You’re next, World Showcase Lagoon!
At least the walkways in WS are pretty far away from the waters edge compared to RoA. I figure they don’t see it as as much of a liability because they never (I don’t believe) ever put up those alligators/snakes present signs at WS like they did for RoA

Incomudro

This. They seemingly hate water features and turn them off or eliminate them entirely at any possible opportunity. The Adventureland fountains have been dry for what, 10+ years now at least? The moat was partially filled in. 20K leagues lagoon gone. Fountain and streams near former Skyway station in FL, now gone with the remodel to the Tangled bathrooms. Just concrete, concrete, and more concrete. Tomorrowland Skyway station was partially demolished for really no reason since the space is still a bathroom just like before, and otherwise useless, just like before, and of course, the waterfall is now gone.

If the budget gets cut in the slightest for any of these projects, I suspect the water features will be the first to go.
My thoughts exactly.
And don't forget the fountain in the Poly lobby.
In theory - with a Disney of 'yore at the helm this could have a river, geysers etc.
But I'm going to restrain enthusiasm for now.
And yes, I really miss what 20K for Magic Kingdom with its water - I wanted to jump in there!

Lots of opinions there, not facts.

Respect that others disagree.
I apologize if I seemed to disrespect you. I didn't intend for that. There is some facts like Tom Sawyer is a problematic IP. It doesn't really have a place anymore. I understand that a lot of people did like the river and were saying that even the average guest would hate this change. I'm an average recent guest and I did not care for the river, do not care what happens to it. I'm glad some parts of the river are being preserved based on current rumors/concept art

erasure fan1

I can't wait to hear this exact same thing about Speedway whenever it inevitably closes. "It added so much kinetics" "It was a Walt attraction"
I'm a big believer in kinetics. I think one of the biggest issues in galaxys edge is just that, no kinetics. Without it, lands can feel sterile. It can add those, wow, what's over there! moments. The riverboat does that in its area, that's why it would be a shame to lose it.

I'm a big believer in kinetics. I think one of the biggest issues in galaxys edge is just that, no kinetics. Without it, lands can feel sterile. It can add those, wow, what's over there! moments. The riverboat does that in its area, that's why it would be a shame to lose it.
No offense but how does cars not add kinetics, look at the concept art. You are walking alongside multiple times as they drive next to the path. There's waterfalls, geysers, etc

Dear Prudence

I apologize if I seemed to disrespect you. I didn't intend for that. There is some facts like Tom Sawyer is a problematic IP. It doesn't really have a place anymore. I understand that a lot of people did like the river and were saying that even the average guest would hate this change. I'm an average recent guest and I did not care for the river, do not care what happens to it. I'm glad some parts of the river are being preserved based on current rumors/concept art
I don't think it's the fact that Tom Sawyer is problematic, because they will never let go of Peter Pan, Pocahontas, etc. It's that it's considered a dead IP. They can't make money off of it selling merchandise.

Chef idea Mickey`=

My thoughts exactly.
And don't forget the fountain in the Poly lobby.
In theory - with a Disney of 'yore at the helm this could have a river, geysers etc.
But I'm going to restrain enthusiasm for now.
And yes, I really miss what 20K for Magic Kingdom with its water - I wanted to jump in there!
The fountain in the Poly lobby probably wouldn't of lasted for it being interior would of easily started to create mold.

I don't think it's the fact that Tom Sawyer is problematic, because they will never let go of Peter Pan, Pocahontas, etc. It's that it's considered a dead IP. They can't make money off of it selling merchandise.
Also true but Disney has defo shifted Peter Pan's problematic aspects, toned them down, or is trying to remove them according to rumors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom