News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

danlb_2000

Premium Member
These are big laydown yards and one right up against the railroad..

1723494437472.png

Winter

They truly are morons.

It's sad that even with this "massive" investment to "expand" they keep on running in place instead of actually doing more. They are literally going to spend a crapload of money to get rid of RoA and TSI when they could have used the same money to simply put Cars in a somewhat different location. It's the definition of insanity.
I imagine it's a long term decision so they can make villains land bigger or have more room for an additional land in the future.

SteamboatJoe

If only they had a popular franchise with a cowboy character they could have used here instead.

That said, Frontierland evolving into more of an Americana land at least provides some thematic cohesion although the Midwesterner in me feels a little left out.

mickEblu

Shareholders, my man. They're going to make way more money with this. Maybe the problem we all have is with capitalism. 🤣

I'm going to point out that DEFCON 1 is the highest level of alert and DEFCON 5 is "everything is normal", only because I just learned it last week myself. WHO MAKES THE SMALLER NUMBER MORE IMPORTANT? I mean, golfers. But they shouldn't be in charge of national security anyway.

Lol is that right? Don't they say DEFCON 5 in movies? Well, you learn something everyday. I understand the capitalism angle but this move is very aggressive and again, I think when they ve destroyed everything that separated them from the competition it may come back to bite them in the @$$. It's not (only) the IP’s that separate them from the competition. You didn't have Dreamworks, Universal and all of those properties competing back in the day. It's stuff like the ROA that set them apart. Placemaking and parks feeling like a real place as opposed to a collection of rides.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

To paraphrase Harold Ramis in Stripes: they're not ignoring it, they're abandoning it.

There's no clear path forward with new attractions based on the original concepts of Frontierland and Liberty Square. They're problematic eras in American history.

Beyond that, the current attractions are not popular, generate no Lightning Lane or merchandise revenue, and provide relatively litle useful capacity.

Given the mandate to put IP everywhere and drive LL revenue, the creative and business cases seem like they're pretty clear.
I’m not talking about the content. I’m talking about physical organization of the space. Much of that is staying and it will be a worse experience.

basas

If only they had a popular franchise with a cowboy character they could have used here instead.

That said, Frontierland evolving into more of an Americana land at least provides some thematic cohesion although the Midwesterner in me feels a little left out.

Missouri is a midwestern state!

FettFan

They truly are morons.

It's sad that even with this "massive" investment to "expand" they keep on running in place instead of actually doing more. They are literally going to spend a crapload of money to get rid of RoA and TSI when they could have used the same money to simply put Cars in a somewhat different location. It's the definition of insanity.

That’s a bingo.

doctornick

EPCOT's American Adventure fills this role. It's literally its purpose.

Eh, others have already said that is potentially on the chopping block at some point too. If they are willing to go to this much trouble to remove TSI, I'm skeptical that AA lasts more than another decade. I'm sure we'll get a lovely replacement that celebrates the History of America's favorite company Disney

Last edited:

BrianLo

Another thing I don't understand is why people are falling for that 'reveal' of villains land at the end of the panel. That is such a vague piece of concept art with no location nor time frame announced that was obviously dropped out there to give fans something to hang onto. We'll see.

It was confirmed as 5 years and beyond big thunder.

Though they were also pretty coy with Avatar and that’s both more imminent and I don’t think there is much love for the backlot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom