News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

mickEblu

And they could have removed Fort Langhorne and the Tom Sawyer name without removing the actual "stuff" on the lower island. Are caves to explore now "problematic"?

These people have no common sense. But I don't think thats the driver here. I think it's a factor but I think the driver is underutilized space and missed revenue opportunities. Too much space not turning over a profit. But thats where they are misguided. The ROA is the kind of thing that created the brand and separated Disney from other parks. You may not be able to show that people are spending money on TSI but it's what's bringing them to the park in the first place. Whether they know it or not.

Yellow Strap

i tried to map out what i think the layout for the ride is. Orang is load/unload area. Yellow dot is start, white is track, red is underground part, back to white and then green which is kinda a speculation (all of it is really) back to white and then to the end in dark red
I'm thinking the family ride will be a clone of Luigi's Rollicking Roadsters with a new theme in the pit area. That is a delightful ride for the family.

Beacon Joe

So we can talk about politics now?

LOL. You know full well it's pick and choose with some of the superfans. It was a little bit of a troll, but also not really, but a few years back I posted that Main Street USA needs to be razed because it represents a problematic era in American history. So if that's the justification for removing ROA and TSI, please extend it uniformly throughout the parks.

doctornick

So are they going to remove all those trees to create retention ponds?

So we lose out on expansion pads to just get rid of ROA. For all those who defend this, sorry but this is simply sad.

If this is not politically motivated, then it is even dumber. At least if it was politically motivated it makes sense where you agree with it or not.

It's sad that even with this "massive" investment to "expand" they keep on running in place instead of actually doing more. They are literally going to spend a crapload of money to get rid of RoA and TSI when they could have used the same money to simply put Cars in a somewhat different location. It's the definition of insanity.

Last edited by a moderator:

J4546

So are they going to remove all those trees to create retention ponds?

So we lose out on expansion pads to just get rid of ROA. For all those who defend this, sorry but this is simply sad.

If this is not politically motivated, then it is even dumber. At least if it was politically motivated it makes sense where you agree with it or not.
is it water retention ponds? sorry i dont know how to read these permits. I thought it was land clearing for expansion

BrianLo

I guess the same can be said for AK it is nothing like an African safari ---go to Africa

I don’t want to take away from the point you are making. But Animal Kingdoms’ safari actually is pretty accurate to game drives. Curated, but very representative.

To the point where I was like what inspired what at some of the reserves I visited.

Now Disneyland is meant to feel like a fantasy idealized/nostalgic version of the real world. But Joe as a designer (neither rightly or wrongly) makes the parks actually feel like the real world. The important factor is Disneyland is not Animal Kingdom and sometimes people don’t understand their very different philosophies.

lentesta

Premium Member
Cmon Lenny. They didn’t have to go Def Con 5. They could have kept the river in tact from Thunder to Mansion, cut the island in half and docked the boat.

Shareholders, my man. They're going to make way more money with this. Maybe the problem we all have is with capitalism. 🤣

I'm going to point out that DEFCON 1 is the highest level of alert and DEFCON 5 is "everything is normal", only because I just learned it last week myself. WHO MAKES THE SMALLER NUMBER MORE IMPORTANT? I mean, golfers. But they shouldn't be in charge of national security anyway.

basas

LOL. You know full well it's pick and choose with some of the superfans. It was a little bit of a troll, but also not really, but a few years back I posted that Main Street USA needs to be razed because it represents a problematic era in American history. So if that's the justification for removing ROA and TSI, please extend it uniformly throughout the parks.

I literally posted just that.

Main Street USA —> Mickey Ave

Seriously, nothing surprises me anymore

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The Liberty Belle Riverboat, Tom Sawyer Island, and Hall of Presidents generate exactly $0 in Lightning Lane revenue.
Revenue is a reflection of guest preferences, which is the step everyone likes to skip.

"Disney wants to do make things that people will spend money on."

Yeah no kidding, and how do they do that? They build things that people LIKE.

lentesta

Premium Member
I am sorry to call Liberty Square problematic from a political standpoint is "PROBLEMATIC." The Hall of Presidents exists so all presidents regardless of their political party or views are represented to discuss about our collective history as a country. Most countries from around the world have issues but to simply ignore history is simply ignorant or the bad parts will easily come back to haunt us all again.

EPCOT's American Adventure fills this role. It's literally its purpose.

basas

Shareholders, my man. They're going to make way more money with this. Maybe the problem we all have is with capitalism. 🤣

I'm going to point out that DEFCON 1 is the highest level of alert and DEFCON 5 is "everything is normal", only because I just learned it last week myself. WHO MAKES THE SMALLER NUMBER MORE IMPORTANT? I mean, golfers. But they shouldn't be in charge of national security anyway.

Have you seen the stock lately??

mightynine

Can I just say I'm enjoying the punchy Len we're getting lately?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom