News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

DCLcruiser

I guess this is more on the subjective side of things, as I am sure some people do feel that way about the relationship between cars and wilderness.

Frontierland was always my favourite land in MK mainly for the calmer atmosphere, and especially the effect at night with the music, dim lighting, water, and trees which added some respite when crowds and temperatures dipped. Adding cars to that equation subtracts from the appeal to me, in the same way that Grizzly Peak would be far less charming to me if there were cars zooming all over the mountain in place of the rapids ride.
I hear you.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Way too many of y’all want magic kingdom to stay a museum.

Let the imagineers cook. It could turn out bad or it could turn out really good, but there is way too much serious attachment over certain sections of the theme park.

Walt Disney never built the theme park in hopes that everything would remain the same and be preserved for 100 plus years.

He equally wanted Disney land to show case his own ips, but also to create a park that would continue to build off imagination.

I trust the Imagineers to do the right thing, I do not trust the executive who are holding the purse strings and restricting what Imagineers can do.

mickEblu

To paraphrase Harold Ramis in Stripes: they're not ignoring it, they're abandoning it.

There's no clear path forward with new attractions based on the original concepts of Frontierland and Liberty Square. They're problematic eras in American history.

Beyond that, the current attractions are not popular, generate no Lightning Lane or merchandise revenue, and provide relatively litle useful capacity.

Given the mandate to put IP everywhere and drive LL revenue, the creative and business cases seem like they're pretty clear.

Cmon Lenny. They didn’t have to go Def Con 5. They could have kept the river in tact from Thunder to Mansion, cut the island in half and docked the boat.

spresso81

I am sorry to call Liberty Square problematic from a political standpoint is "PROBLEMATIC." The Hall of Presidents exists so all presidents regardless of their political party or views are represented to discuss about our collective history as a country. Most countries from around the world have issues but to simply ignore history is simply ignorant or the bad parts will easily come back to haunt us all again.

The Disney difference was that their parks offered items for all families, individuals and guests. You could ride a roller coaster, take a cruise past dolls representing various nations, sit in a mansion full of ghosts or actually learn something while staying cool in the HoP or CoP.

I get their current strategy is to charge more so a cut in attendance is noticeable but not hurting the bottom line. However, Wall Street, social media and people are starting to see trends they do not like. Taking the magic out of Disney World which made it a premium resort for so many years to replace the heart of the parks is starting to burn the company.

Yellow Strap

The incredibly aggravating thing is much of what the company does with the parks isn't bad conceptually, it just gets implemented poorly or in the wrong locations.
Like shoving a Dino Coaster next to a Harry Potter Land and masking it with a few bushes. Wait...who are we talking about?
pew pew finger guns GIF

basas

Nobody applies logic on this site it’s always overly emotional on any changes Disney makes.

I always try to be understanding but then the same posters turn the discussion into a politics thread which I’m not here for.

This is not Fox News or CNN but a theme park fan site. I shouldn’t be seeing words like woke or DEI used as justifications to attack a company.

When the shoe fits..?

J4546

i tried to map out what i think the layout for the ride is. Orang is load/unload area. Yellow dot is start, white is track, red is underground part, back to white and then green which is kinda a speculation (all of it is really) back to white and then to the end in dark red

Attachments

• dlcarsmaybe.jpg
    dlcarsmaybe.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 75

DCLcruiser

It’s visible from Frontierland, Liberty Square and anyone approaching from Fantasyland or the Hub.

Are you suggesting no one seems Rivers of America or TSI? Seriously?
No, I am arguing that it is not in the center of the park, as was stated. It's also off to the side so construction walls will not be an issue for the vast majority of the park. It's not like EPCOT's central spine.

MrPromey

Kevin Costners western movie bombed hard at the box office this summer. Westworld was really only good for one season. And who could forget how the Lone Ranger did. The western theme, while charming isn’t really moving the numbers the suits care about. Does a relaxing area in a theme park have good numbers too? I hate the mentality but that seems like what we are dealing with

Just out of curiosity, which season of Westworld do you think was good?

SCOTLORR

Also, it's not that I oppose Cars or the franchise, I just know this wasn't the team or budget that made Carsland that opened in 2012. You KNOW no thought or care is going into this.
I don’t think that’s fair. You can be upset about them taking out ROA and TSI, but there’s really zero indication that this will be a low-effort project.

The fact that this is a completely new concept and not just a RSR clone is a great sign that this is being handled with a lot of care. Based on the concept art, it looks awesome. It sucks that we’re losing ROA for it, but I’m definitely excited to see the finished product.

eddie104

I agree with this, but it's that way on both sides, which is what makes it almost unbearable. There are people who vilify literally everything and people who praise literally everything.

There's very little nuance or room for logical discussion.
I’m not the biggest fan of this project however I always try to look for the silver lining.

Yes it sucks that a part of MK history is being taken away.

However they are replacing it with something that looks somewhat aesthetically pleasing.

The rides will be very popular and provide more capacity for this portion of the park.

spresso81

So are they going to remove all those trees to create retention ponds?

So we lose out on expansion pads to just get rid of ROA. For all those who defend this, sorry but this is simply sad.

If this is not politically motivated, then it is even dumber. At least if it was politically motivated it makes sense where you agree with it or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom