News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

jason976

Eddie, I think everyone’s “last straw” might be different.

For example, I have no great affinity for the Muppets. That probably puts me in the minority around here, but it is what it is.

The company is breaking so many ‘last straws’ the last few years you have to wonder about the decision making…
Because the last straw for a small population will likely be offset by massive interest with new crowds. If that doesn’t happen then the calculated decisions by Disney will prove to be failures. But we won’t know that for years. I happen to believe they will prove to be good decision financially. I’m exited for the change but I also empathize with those on the board who are feeling great disappointment this morning.

BrianLo

If this were a new build attraction somewhere else, I would appreciate that, but I really don't see it working in this location.

The more I’m staring at the concept, the more separated it appears. I am spotting some water features abutting Country Bears and then the Liberty section certainly seems to have more of a lookout. Big Thunder has Grizzly Gulch vibes.

I mean, if it were up to me, I would have kept the river buffer and a parked boat. It’s a choice…. I do think it’s probably going to be prettier than what people think still. Sitting watching RSR is pretty, serene and unusually calming.

I also think the reaction that this is definitely an inferior RSR is perhaps unfair. It actually appears surprisingly long.

Beacon Joe

So Disney should create more spaces that people don’t go to for the extreme minority of folks who do visit those areas?

See EPCOT's new generic office park plaza areas + that generic office park hallway / middle school cafeteria looking space.

This decision has me absolutely gobsmacked. How could they get this so wrong?

Exhibit A: The recent EPCOT Future World renovation

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Eventually EVERY attraction should be replaced. The parks aren't museums. They have to continuously evolve.
1000002085.jpg

JK

basas

Because the last straw for a small population will likely be offset by massive interest with new crowds. If that doesn’t happen then the calculated decisions by Disney will prove to be failures. But we won’t know that for years. I happen to believe they will prove to be good decision financially. I’m exited for the change but I also empathize with those on the board who are feeling great disappointment this morning.

I mean…I guess? Where was the “massive interest with new crowds” for Tron? Tiana? I guess I just don’t agree with their strategy…

MerlinTheGoat

If this were a new build attraction somewhere else, I would appreciate that, but I really don't see it working in this location.
Even if built somewhere more "appropriate" (not sure where that would be though for THIS specific concept of a Cars area), there's also the issue of it standing in the shadow of the proper original Cars Land out in California. Which blows this out of the water visually and scenery wise at the very least, and has a significant dark ride portion attached (which based on the art, this scaled down MK variant probably won't have at all, or a stupidly short one if it does).

Everything about this project has been drive by bad decisions it would seem. From the concept, to placement etc.

Winter

I… I don’t know that I’m ever returning to WDW after this coming trip. I thought maybe the beauty of River District would bring me back, but now that they’re set to destroy it… there’s nothing for me to look forward to.
To be completely honest, if the only thing you looked forward to at the magic kingdom was the ROA, you probably should've just went to national parks. Cheaper and has more nature stuff like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom