News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

DCLcruiser

Just gonna leave this here too- I doubt there's any hope in changing their minds, but hey, might as well get any potential solutions to the problem visible!

That doesn't make any sense. The Liberty Belle needs to be able to leave FL. That would turn it into a pond.

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 1.53.29 PM.png

Kamikaze

?

You mean the fuzzy A,B,C,D image on the previous page? I can't squint hard enough to figure out what the heck is going on in that image to be honest, let alone figuring out of the labelled image of existing attractions makes jives with the fuzzy concept art😁
I mean ... just look at the images?

basas

?

You mean the fuzzy A,B,C,D image on the previous page? I can't squint hard enough to figure out what the heck is going on in that image to be honest, let alone figuring out of the labelled image of existing attractions makes jives with the fuzzy concept art😁

You’ll have to excuse him. He seems to get a kick out of making snarky comments.

JohnD

We all thought that maybe the upper half would get cut off. Instead its the lower half. It appears the upper half is still there, unless this is thrown together artwork and they didn't think about that. Could they still retain the riverboat in the upper half with the launch just on the other side of HM?

Cars-Land-Magic-Kingdom_Full_57250.png

FiestaFunKid

Could Fort Langhorn find a new home at Fort Wilderness? My kids loved exploring Tom Sawyer island.
I love this idea and it might spread some goodwill with the Ft Wilderness faithful after the cabin de-theme. Moving that thing seems doable, but they'd probably axe the caves for 'safety' and replace the rifles/shooting sounds with flower planters or something.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The number of current attractions between the DL resort with its two parks and WDW with its four are roughly equal.

Unless you're spending a decent chunk of time doing non-park activities (which they seem to offer fewer of these days than they used to) the only things that really makes the WDW experience longer are the wait times, the travel between parks and the travel in parks since things are, pretty much in every aspect, more spread out in Florida.

It also doesn't hurt that the park hours for DL's parks are typically way better than WDW's four, either.
"List of attractions" does not equal "how much time you can be entertained in a theme park."

My favorite park activity of all time is Wilderness Explorers at Animal Kingdom, which isn't an attraction at all but entertains me for many many hours.

MrPromey

My favorite park activity of all time is Wilderness Explorers at Animal Kingdom, which isn't an attraction at all but entertains me for many many hours.
Many, many hours?

So... would Kidcot be your #2?

Also, when I say attractions, I'm not talking rides - I'm talking about what Disney themselves labels an attraction which at times is a generous interpretation here in Florida.*

*I remember when Main Street Lockers were listed in the "attractions" section of the park map after they did away with the movie theater and Penny Arcade and were trying to pad out that area on paper to make it not look like they'd just turned the whole thing into retail.

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

Let me get this straight. The ONLY reason you were going to go to WDW was the Rivers of America?
No, but this change turns the Magic Kingdom into a Universal park. Good riddance to this company. This boulder will tumbler further and further and will ultimately destroy aspects of these parks that are beloved by those here who are defending this atrocious decision.

DCLcruiser

We all thought that maybe the upper half would get cut off. Instead its the lower half. It appears the upper half is still there, unless this is thrown together artwork and they didn't think about that. Could they still retain the riverboat in the upper half with the launch just on the other side of HM?

View attachment 808726
That could just be the canal. It's really hard to tell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom