News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Mireille

Premium Member
It would be against the spirit of "Cars" if a human driver was controlling the vehicle... further, with the limited number of guests per car, the staffing demand if they had a cast member driving each car would be unsustainable... I'm 99.9% sure these will be fully autonomous vehicles.
Wouldn't human beings existing be against the spirit of Cars? I think they should bio-engineer riders into cars as part of the attraction. Remove arms and legs and replace them with tires!

JD80

Why is when others are saying it's ok. But whenever I say something similar I'm bad for saying it?

I have no issue with someone giving an opinion, but your whole post just lambasted a whole group of people (a generation) for not caring about the parks etc. You don't know those people.

Hate this addition or love it, that's fine. But I just find it offensive when you just insult a large swath of people to bolster your own opinion.

lazyboy97o

More fundamentally bad design for the sake of hubris. The Festival Center turbocharged. Huge costs to make a change for the sake of making changes, even if they create negative impacts.

Theme parks are not just a random assorted of rides just dropped down wherever but that has very much been Disney’s strategy more and more of late.

Frontierland is designed as an edge condition, its main corridor exists because of the River. It is how the space is shaped and defined. This contrasts it with Main Street, USA, Tomorrowland and even Adventureland. The walkway will now be walled off by the attraction berm. All made worse by the disinterest in activating the existing facilities. It’ll be a pretty version of permanent construction walls.

This is also the parade corridor. If the entrance ends up anywhere nearby then that’s just a compounded operational mess.

Crowding is about perception and this will make not help.

Disstevefan1

The end results NEVER look like concept art
Especially when the concept art is AI generated and not created by a human artist.

I remember Mission Space did end up looking like the rendering.

I remember looking at the rendering and saying, "its not going to look like that" , and was surprised when it did.

But that's a long time ago.

You are correct for the way things are done today,

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

1723478459543.png

1723478471489.png

1723478485812.png

The loss of these views I think is the worst part of all.

Attachments

• 1723478504735.png
    1723478504735.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 29

SpectreJordan

Honestly, I don't mind the Rivers or TSI being filled in. They look pretty but that's about it for me. If they make it look like the concept art where it's a cozy mountain/forest area that could be just as beautiful.

But I am annoyed that this was all supposed to be "Beyond" BTM & only Villains will be. Use the space more!!!

doctornick

Because the park layouts were different? DL had a park area back there already, they just needed to expand it. There's no way to get guests 'beyond' BTM without substantially changing backstage, the train, possibly the canal, etc.

Building a bridge over a canal is difficult but filling in a large amount of water and tearing down structures on TSI is easy?

lightningtap347

*When it's any park other than Disneyland. For whatever reason, Disneyland is allowed to have its identity preserved, but Magic Kingdom is just whatever they feel like doing that day.
That's why there's alcohol and a giant star wars land stapled onto the back of it right?

They'll desecrate and put anything anywhere, regardless of theme, utility, or precedent. They don't care, and haven't for a number of years. It's fine, and endlessly complaining on forums is completely exhausting.

On the other hand though, what would the purpose of the forums be if not to endlessly complain about everything we are interested in? It's an interesting tightrope walked here, but I'm increasingly of the opinion that it's a largely exhausting endeavor.

JD80

More fundamentally bad design for the sake of hubris. The Festival Center turbocharged. Huge costs to make a change for the sake of making changes, even if they create negative impacts.

Theme parks are not just a random assorted of rides just dropped down wherever but that has very much been Disney’s strategy more and more of late.

Frontierland is designed as an edge condition, its main corridor exists because of the River. It is how the space is shaped and defined. This contrasts it with Main Street, USA, Tomorrowland and even Adventureland. The walkway will now be walled off by the attraction berm. All made worse by the disinterest in activating the existing facilities. It’ll be a pretty version of permanent construction walls.

This is also the parade corridor. If the entrance ends up anywhere nearby then that’s just a compounded operational mess.

Crowding is about perception and this will make not help.

I don't think you can decern park operations from concept art. I share your concern about the parade corridor and this area being heavy with traffic, but all we can do is wait and see.

Look here:
1723478497255.png

You can see (center left) water and bridge walkways similar to what's there now. This rendering is not exact when it comes to distance and space. But you can see walkways over something.

You are correct though, that center mountain will block site lines so I'm very curious to know how tall it is and the feeling you get right there.

But you know what, you want to talk site-lines?

1723478711463.png
1723478821440.png

Right there in the red circle is going to be that snowy mountain. That might be visible from the hub and that's actually really cool.

Attachments

• 1723478692953.png
    1723478692953.png
    486 KB · Views: 24

kevlightyear

Just wanted to say I love this idea! Not going to happen but it would actually be a perfect fit. Riverboat tourism was once a huge part of Florida's early history, at roughly the same era as the Grand Floridian.

View attachment 808644

View attachment 808645

Anyway, back to discussing WDI's newest travesty...

Paddlewheel steamboats were very much a feature of Florida rivers.

I learned something new today. Cool! I think we've found our solution.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom