News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Mike S

My prediction is that the riverboat landing building will remain and repurposed for shopping or dining, I also predict the river will remain in places on a smaller scale along with additional water features like what they did in Disneyland, just not a complete loop. It looks like cars will be hidden from current FL/LS with trees and theming.
I would hope they keep some semblance of a river.

doctornick

eh, you're riding in a car on either attraction. Tomorrowland Speedway needs to die, and this might be the thing to put the final nail in the coffin of one of MK's worst attractions that has somehow survived.

One you are riding in a car. the other you are driving a car. completely different experiences.

I'm all for tearing out Speedway, but let's call a spade a spade. This would be a completely different experience.

disneyC97

TSI at this point is much better at MK than Disneyland…like several cloned attractions early on, it was improved upon from the original. And in the past 15 years or so, it still has the Fort as part of the experience. Disneyland has more boats but not a better island.
Understand the reasons, but still a sad day.

deeevo

Orlando Sentinel just posted this. Not sure if it's new or old news.

1723477528818.png

Haymarket2008

The amount of folks who fail to grasp this concept is staggering. Bumming around the forums without being able to understand this I guess is fine, but when one of those jokesters makes their way into a position at Disney, we get this. A joke of a decision.

Additionally, this is just yet another sign that NO attraction or space is safe from modern Disney management. I remember it was rumored Guardians would take over Tower of Terror, it felt like a joke someone would make online. But it happened and made the park worse. “At least we still have the better one out in Florida!”, defenders would say. That isn’t the point, though.

The point is that modern Disney has slowly been getting more and more bold over the years with what spaces they can ruin. It starts with something small, like the Main Street Theatre in WDW or the Court of Angels in Disneyland. Then they come for something like Tower of Terror. Now, they take the Rivers of America. All this leads me to realize that I will probably see something like Pirates or Mansion removed in my lifetime, which is heart breaking.

But hey, who needs character, atmosphere or beauty in a Disney park when I could be hearing Larry the Cable Guy say “Get ‘er dun!!” all day?

This. Staggering is the perfect word.

lightningtap347

The amount of folks who fail to grasp this concept is staggering
I'm of the zen like state where I understand this, and I also understand that it's clearly not a priority in the design of these parks or this company anymore. It's not worth fighting at this point, and there's far more important real world issues that we have to deal with in a daily basis that I'll just go with the flow with these changes.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Correct me if I'm wrong but Universal builds new not re-theme and that's why they are gaining popularity over Disney

Earthquake to Disaster? Back to the Future to Simpsons Ride? Dueling Dragons to Dragon Challenge? Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster to Trollercoaster? Granted two of those rethemes are now completely gone and replaced with brand new attractions, but still...

Chef idea Mickey`=

The main reason is they want each domestic resort to start having exclusive offerings so that people are encouraged to visit both resorts across the country. If they are dipping into an IP twice for each resort, they'll want each ride experience to be different. You can see also with the presentations for Indiana Jones, Avatar, etc they really emphasized different theming or storyline or systems so that it's an entirely different ride and experience. The same here for Cars in a different setting and with a different ride system. That's so people just don't say they been to it already, if you're fans of these properties you're encouraged to head to the other resort as well to see something new

So at least under this leadership, if a ride is announced for California or Florida it will not be ported over to the other park (Tiana being the one exception due to unique circumstances), if the IP is brought over it'll be different. They'd be fine porting from Paris to Florida but not California to Florida

So your answer is a Frozen ride is not ever going to come to Disneyland because any World of Arendale comes with a Frozen Ever After type of ride. How do you explain Galaxy's Edge..?? Thank you for confirming Coco is forever at West Coast now which we can breathe a shy of relief.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom