News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Why Can't they just put it here instead? Yes, they'd have to re-route Floridian Way, but they could just demo it and use Floridian Place onto Center Drive to access the Reedy Creek Energy Services Complex and move the equipment storage containers over to the west side of Floridian Place behind Reedy Creek Fire Sta. #3. Then they can re-route the Waterway parallel to the East Side of Floridian Place and over to reconnect south of the Dock for the 2nd Riverboat behind the Parade Staging Facilities to the rear of Pirates? That opens up much more than the same size parcel without destroying TSI and RoA which could both be refurbished, and kept for Posterity?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240812_114445_Maps~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240812_114445_Maps~2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

duncedoof

Walt would probably be surprised that there even was an RoA in Florida to be honest.
Roy wouldn't. He put it there. He put it there for his brother.

Nothing is sacred anymore. He'll probably be a robot soon, too.

I'm of the zen like state where I understand this, and I also understand that it's clearly not a priority in the design of these parks or this company anymore. It's not worth fighting at this point, and there's far more important real world issues that we have to deal with in a daily basis that I'll just go with the flow with these changes.
There's always important real world issues, even before these parks were built. These places are the antidote to those issues for a lot of people. Now you have concrete jungles.

wildphantom

I’m mixed on this.
The artwork of the whole land looks spectacular, but to think it will replace that ambience and feel that I’m used to as I walk towards BTM - it’s tough to accept.

Having said that, RSR in Anaheim is spectacular and this promises to be even better again.

I think I’ll get used to it if the blending in of the land works with the theming transition. Ultimately though, the ride has to deliver the goods. This needs to be nothing short of one of the best rides in DW.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Here's the thing about Walt...he cared more about the Florida project in his last years than Disneyland. I am sure he was aware of what the theme park was going to have.

Walt never championed Florida to have a park nor a second Disneyland. Walt created the Walt Disney World resort for something bigger! His team insisted though they needed to include a castle park. Do we know if he would of made Magic Kingdom completely different probably can't know that answer.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I’m mixed on this.
The artwork of the whole land looks spectacular, but to think it will replace that ambience and feel that I’m used to as I walk towards BTM - it’s tough to accept.

Having said that, RSR in Anaheim is spectacular and this promises to be even better again.

I think I’ll get used to it if the blending in of the land works with the theming transition. Ultimately though, the ride has to deliver the goods. This needs to be nothing short of one of the best rides in DW.
The end results NEVER look like concept art

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yes, they should be expanding instead of replacing, I don't think anyone can argue that. But if the two options are replace or do nothing, I'll take replace.
Those aren't the only two options. Just the ones TWDC has decided to choose from. They have the resources and size to do otherwise; they just choose not to. Again...

spresso81

Has anybody considered how bad that robot looking mountain will look from the hub or is it even tall enough to be seen from Adventure land?

DL has the Matterhorn but due to the size of their castle is actually improves the skyline.

Lastly, we have not heard any reports of balloon height testing - maybe WDI doesn't even care about sightlines anymore to float one up

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
From what I understand, the new Cars attraction would have a driver, driving the car as well.

It would be against the spirit of "Cars" if a human driver was controlling the vehicle... further, with the limited number of guests per car, the staffing demand if they had a cast member driving each car would be unsustainable... I'm 99.9% sure these will be fully autonomous vehicles.

lightningtap347

Roy wouldn't. He put it there. He put it there for his brother.

Nothing is sacred anymore. He'll probably be a robot soon, too.

There's always important real world issues, even before these parks were built. These places are the antidote to those issues for a lot of people.

Now you have concrete jungles.
They'll still be after this too. It's just not personally worth it to me to freak out about every change compared to the Disney of old. They've shown time and time again that they don't care and that they aren't changing. I'm not fighting that, it's exhausting and a waste of time.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Has anybody considered how bad that robot looking mountain will look from the hub or is it even tall enough to be seen from Adventure land?

DL has the Matterhorn but due to the size of their castle is actually improves the skyline.

Lastly, we have not heard any reports of balloon height testing - maybe WDI doesn't even care about sightlines anymore to float one up

That new mountain range shocks me. In earlier they showed the Mountains of Ornament Valley model for WDW without the carcentric roofs which DCA has and yet here there's this car robot bust on the top. If they want to make this natural frontier then this roof destroys it.

I wouldn't worry about it though for now because it reminds you the same thing with Tiana and the boat on top. This will change and look different hense next concept art. The first ones is always to show a wow factor!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom