News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Bocabear

I agree. The mods should close this thread until construction starts in 2 or 3 years. ;)
Oh they will start construction sooner...they just won't finish it for many years, and seriously, the scope of work they are talking about is bigger than SWGE which took 4 years of construction... so I am not sure where people are getting the idea that all of this is going to happen in a year and a half...Demo will probably take that much time....It's a lot of property, and based on the released art, it is a lot of mountain range...and according to some, spectacular water features and natural beauty... That ain't happening in a year and a half...

Chef idea Mickey`=

Oh they will start construction sooner...they just won't finish it for many years, and seriously, the scope of work they are talking about is bigger than SWGE which took 4 years of construction... so I am not sure where people are getting the idea that all of this is going to happen in a year and a half...Demo will probably take that much time....It's a lot of property, and based on the released art, it is a lot of mountain range...and according to some, spectacular water features and natural beauty... That ain't happening in a year and a half...
And that's just going by Cars portion alone!🙈

Disstevefan1

Ha, who ever said Cars will take a year and a half to complete is dreaming!!

Its going to take a year and a half to get the permits approved and get the festive walls up!!

TrainsOfDisney

I really hate how people try to speak for Walt as if he's still with us and act like they know what he would think or say about something.
Saying “Walt Disney loved trains and wanted a steam train at the park” isn’t speaking for Walt, it’s a fact.

The earliest concept sketches for Disneyland, even the one at the studio lot, included a steam powered riverboat.

Walt at one time personally owned the Steamboat, Steam Train, and monorail.

I don’t think it’s “speaking” for Walt to say the steamboat was something he would want to remain in the park.

Of course I could be wrong, nobody knows what he would want for certain.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Didn't Walt mention the whole things will change time and time and again for Disneyland. If Walt knew WDW had 4 parks, he probably wouldn't understand why replacing so much in WDW is major necessity there while seeing Disneyland is not. If you were to remove ROA for Villain's, you could at least keep the front (Cars), dock the Liberty Bell and make it a Princess in The Frog New Orleans Bayou and have Tiana's Place as part of the Ship.

Disstevefan1

it will take them 2 years to try and figure out how to value engineer the concept....then the budget cuts will come and who knows what we will be left with...but at that point, they will have already demolished the ROA and TSI...much like they did with the botched EPCOT reboot.
BadFeeling.png

Chef idea Mickey`=

it will take them 2 years to try and figure out how to value engineer the concept....then the budget cuts will come and who knows what we will be left with...but at that point, they will have already demolished the ROA and TSI...much like they did with the botched EPCOT reboot.
I hope this isn't the case and it wouldn't surprise one bit. Just finding out that Rivers of Light was changed in Spring 2019, again is Bob under Iger taking something great at the same time calling an end to Illumination's Reflection's of Earth that same year! The then 2.0 IP River's of Light killed it and 2020 was the perfect excuse to retire it.

Schmidt

I would love to know what Walt would think about filling in ROA, removing TSI and removing riverboat instead of doing a true expansion.

But who knows, maybe like you said, he would be fine with it. We just don't know.

You are fine with filling in ROA, removing TSI and removing riverboat and that's fine.

We can agree to disagree.

No matter what we say here, TWDC will do what TWDC will do.

When a company does something that makes no common sense, its a normal human reaction to try to rationalize the act; to try to figure out the motive.

My guess is, its all about MONEY,

Putting Cars in, they can SELL MORE LL.

Also (possibly) putting Cars there could save MONEY instead of truly expanding the park on undeveloped land.
Spin, baby, spin. You just can’t help yourself. Cars going into TSI is NOT a cost savings initiative. This is absolutely an expansion. Go get some air.

TrainsOfDisney

You call it spin, I call it trying to figure out why they are going to fill in ROA, remove TSI and get rid of the riverboat.

The only thing I can come up with is because MONEY.
There does seem to be a weird motive by Iger to drastically change existing theme parks that goes beyond money.

Ripping out Fountain of Nations is by far the worst example.

He doesn’t understand the Disney Parks at all…. He doesn’t get that Osbourne Lights and the Great Movie Ride were worth saving.

Chef idea Mickey`=

You call it spin, I call it trying to figure out why they are going to fill in ROA, remove TSI and get rid of the riverboat.

The only thing I can come up with is because MONEY.
I don't think there's any point in this day and age of the current company where you be able to try and find a common sense reason to why they are removing when already they are telling you it's an expansion and not a replacement of an original area, I don't care if some land is added to V. Did they even said for Cars was a retheme to Frontierland. Retheme isn't removing totally... If all this is just part of way more than what it's going to be then in order to keep it a secret for now they aren't going to say Disney World Forward.

Disstevefan1

There does seem to be a weird motive by Iger to drastically change existing theme parks that goes beyond money.

He doesn’t understand the Disney Parks at all…. He doesn’t get that Osbourne Lights and the Great Movie Ride were worth saving.
You are right, Iger does not understand the parks, and why should he? He has no experience.

I hated to see the fountain of nations go, especially when it was said water was saved to be added back into the new fountain in a ceremony.

Therefore for me to try to rationalize the irrational destruction of the Fountain of Nations, the only thing I can come up with is MONEY. They did not want to spend the money to maintain the fountain?

Chef idea Mickey`=

Is it Iger secretly and not Chapek who maybe seeked to end Illumination's ROE and River's of Light as well???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom