News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

So DLP should have a river and riverboat and WDW should not?

Interesting.

I still think Iger wants to damage MK so it loses the most visited title.

I truly think Iger hates Florida/WDW.

Just my opinion ;)
Not saying I 100% agree but it’s worth noting the people in charge are all California guys who are nostalgic for their Disneyland. It’s why a lot of WDW’s unique quirks have been removed and changed to match Disneyland- the Peg Leg Pete barker parrot getting axed, renaming Tropical Serenade to Enchanted Tiki Room, other examples I’m forgetting from an article I read years ago… Magic Kingdom has always lived in its older sibling’s shadow and has been slowly sanded to be more like it and less its own park.

Though in the case of the rivers it’s 100% driven by greed/Iger’s obsession with Cars rather than a dislike of MK/WDW

JoeCamel

What's a Villain's ride anyway?
I still don't understand what Disney plans to do with this.
With Universal, different monsters have their own rides.
Will Disney do that?
Or will there be some all encompassing ride that takes us through a journey featuring various Disney villains?
Party on Chernabog's mountain? All the cool baddies are there?
Old school would have built another mountain flume ride.....

James Alucobond

What's a Villain's ride anyway?
I still don't understand what Disney plans to do with this.
With Universal, different monsters have their own rides.
Will Disney do that?
Or will there be some all encompassing ride that takes us through a journey featuring various Disney villains?
I would imagine either/or. Probably at least one of the signature attractions will feature multiple villains (hopefully curated such that they make some visual and thematic sense together), but I would expect some of the smaller scale attractions, M&G locations, and retail/F&B to be focused on specific villains.

Schmidt

Its a total unknown as to what we are getting and when.... There are only guesses.
I wouldn’t say it’s a total unknown.
Cars is clearly an E ticket. Josh also stated 2 major attractions for Villains.

I get that we have only seen attraction art but the intentions are clearly e ticket in scope. We will see what gets built.

Also this stuff was literally announced a month ago. Relax. Take a breath.

AidenRodriguez731

I would imagine either/or. Probably at least one of the signature attractions will feature multiple villains (hopefully curated such that they make some visual and thematic sense together), but I would expect some of the smaller scale attractions, M&G locations, and retail/F&B to be focused on specific villains.
One storyline I would like is a boat ride down to the Underworld with Hades to revive the dead villians (possibly using the Black Cauldron). The queue could be narrated by Hades as he sends his subjects on boats through the Underworld to "bring the best bad guys down here back to revive with the Cauldron so he can have an unstoppable team" The ride follows finding villians in their own areas in the Underworld.

EricsBiscuit

There is a TikTok video circulating that the "aging riverbed" is being used to justify the expansion similar to the "irreparable water damage" that resulted in Mission: Space replacing the Horizons building.
IMG_7092.jpeg
IMG_7093.jpeg

As you can see from these photos I took in late 2020, the track is attached to a sliver of concrete, the majority of the riverbed is just like any other river: dirt. Needless to say, an “aging riverbed” is not the issue.
All the boat got was a new boiler. The steam cylinders are leaking, the exhaust pipes are nearly clogged, the structure itself is riddled with cracks, and the delivery pipes are leaking. Disney has more than enough money to fix these issues, but they won't because they don't see the boat as a good investment. The maintenance team is doing the best they can with what they have available. I'm sorry that you all don't want to hear this, but it's the truth.
There was much more done than just a new boiler. Many other things were done, such as an automatic water feed pump being installed and extensive deck work. The LB is not in a bad state of repair at all.

TrainsOfDisney

quit clinging to time. any open and relatively uncharted space is a frontier, regardless the time period
I’m not clinging to time. Frontierland is where we experience the story of our country's past ... the colorful drama of Frontier America in the exciting days of the covered wagon and the stage coach ... the advent of the railroad ... and the romantic riverboat.

Schmidt

I’m not clinging to time. Frontierland is where we experience the story of our country's past ... the colorful drama of Frontier America in the exciting days of the covered wagon and the stage coach ... the advent of the railroad ... and the romantic riverboat.
We get it it. You hate Disney.

EricsBiscuit

We get it it. You hate Disney.
“Here we experience the story of our country's past ... the colorful drama of Frontier America in the exciting days of the covered wagon and the stage coach ... the advent of the railroad ... and the romantic riverboat. Frontierland is a tribute to the faith, courage and ingenuity of the pioneers who blazed the trails across America.”

- Walt Disney

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
“Here we experience the story of our country's past ... the colorful drama of Frontier America in the exciting days of the covered wagon and the stage coach ... the advent of the railroad ... and the romantic riverboat. Frontierland is a tribute to the faith, courage and ingenuity of the pioneers who blazed the trails across America.”

- Walt Disney
“We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths”

- Walt Disney

TrainsOfDisney

“We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths”

- Walt Disney
The full quote -

“There’s really no secret about our approach. We keep moving forward – opening up new doors and doing new things – because we’re curious. And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. We’re always exploring and experimenting. At WED, we call it Imagineering – the blending of creative imagination with technical know-how.”

DisneyHead123

Using that quote talking about technological innovation to justify the removal of the riverboat, which Walt loved at DL and would have loved at MK, is a stretch to say the least.

I think what this conversation keeps coming back to is this unrealistic binary of “Is all change good, or is all change bad?” But that’s not the relevant question. Walt never said change for the worse is a good thing. He never said “Bulldoze Disneyland and build a Target, by all means, because that would be change and we need constant, unending change for its own sake.”

The question is - is this a positive or a negative change? A likely upgrade or a likely downgrade? Not “yes to change or no to change.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom