News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

TrainsOfDisney

Something I just thought of… Disney used to use challenges - the stretching room at haunted mansion and the drops on pirates were created to get under the railroad tracks.

What if they could have built a magical Marigold bridge that carried guests over the rivers of America and into the land of the dead. That would be crazy cool! So many possibilities.

James Alucobond

Look at the concept art. It’s rock work (the one thing Disney seems eager to build) and one scene with two AAs. We’ll likely get a bunch of static figures as well.

Losing RoA isn’t great, but it’s not a disaster because it will continue to exist in other Disney parks. The problem is losing RoA for an unimpressive Autopia-style ride based on a direct-to-video quality movie, all while ruining the theming of an entire land and clashing three of the resorts most iconic structures. If we were losing RoA for a well-integrated blockbuster attraction… well, adding attractions outright is always better, but that wouldn’t be nearly as atrocious.
That poster made the leap of logic of “based on environment from Planes” = “excuse to be less themed, somehow”. That’s all I was responding to. You can feel whatever way you want to feel about the actual art. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Raineman

It's funny how many people in this thread, going back to the beginning, are using the concept art as gospel, as if the final product will look anything close to that. Anyone that thinks this won't get downgraded/changed/reduced/cut back before it's built is being completely ignorant of recent Disney history.

Casper Gutman

It's funny how many people in this thread, going back to the beginning, are using the concept art as gospel, as if the final product will look anything close to that. Anyone that thinks this won't get downgraded/changed/reduced/cut back before it's built is being completely ignorant of recent Disney history.
Again, the concept art is best-case… and with the Cars ride, best-case is already unimpressive.

Disstevefan1

If as guests we never achieve at least on the scale of what is shown or far better than it then they need to stop shoving in our faces especially for the domestic parks like Epcot! It's becoming a joke and is unacceptable.
Totally agree.

Sincerely, guests must accept that the concepts shown will not match what we get in the end and may not even happen

I was saying before D23, they SHOULD NOT show us these concepts. The can still sell tickets, they can still fill arenas, just give some song and dance and skip the concept drawings and do not discuss these things.

Raineman

Totally agree.

Sincerely, guests must accept that the concepts shown will not match what we get in the end and may not even happen

I was saying before D23, they SHOULD NOT show us these concepts. The can still sell tickets, they can still fill arenas, just give some song and dance and skip the concept drawings and do not discuss these things.
It seems like everything that starts out as blue sky is still blue sky even after the shovels first hit the ground.

Gusey

Exception seems for international parks. Someone correct me if the blue sky's were not the same as the final products for Disney Studios Paris expansion, and Fantasy Spring's..
Flight Force concept art vs Real life. Concept art is used to display a concept, it rarely looks exactly like how an attraction will turn out
1728061946356.png
1728061991933.png

lazyboy97o

I can't blame Disney here. The masses want the E's. People today aren't planning trips to Disney to ride the new clam shell.

Personally, I would gladly trade out an E for 2 B's or C's.
We absolutely can blame Disney for not really understanding their business enough to be able to financially justify maintaining adequate capacity and controlling cost escalation.

Bocabear

Also if this company could not afford to complete the central core of EPCOT in a satisfactory manner, how can they suddenly afford to drop a billion dollars on another project? Looking purely at what the current leadership has just done.....How would any of us believe they are not going to make a huge mess out of Frontierland and then have it end up being hastily and cheaply completed as a Cars themed meet and greet and Flex event space... I am certainly not anticipating them actually building what is shown in the concept art, but what frightens me is what we will get after seeing what they just consider an acceptable "Disney-worthy, completed job"

Chef idea Mickey`=

... I am certainly not anticipating them actually building what is shown in the concept art, but what frightens me is what we will get after seeing what they just consider an acceptable "Disney-worthy, completed job"
Question for the forum, what is the last thing that was built inside the domestic parks that has "wowed" you?

We don't have anything post 2020 to assure us that they can knock out of park aside everything that was built internationally!

Bocabear

TRON at night. So gorgeous, and the outdoor area works better than it does at SDL.
as long as you are not riding it...lol The whole of the Shanghai Tomorrowland is a little too corporate office park rather than being a fantastic view of the future....All in all I think Tron looks great, but is not a great attraction overall, and like other things done since 2020, it feels like it is in the wrong park.

DarkMetroid567

as long as you are not riding it...lol The whole of the Shanghai Tomorrowland is a little too corporate office park rather than being a fantastic view of the future....All in all I think Tron looks great, but is not a great attraction overall, and like other things done since 2020, it feels like it is in the wrong park.
I actually adore Lightcycle Run, but I’m a coaster enthusiast and I tend to love the more unique experiences. I get the disappointment from the length, hopefully the lines get shorter or single-rider opens so that I can marathon it.

Agreed on SDL Tomorrowland in general. SDL is otherwise beautiful which makes Tomorrowland feel so half-baked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom