News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Advisable Joseph

As you can see from these photos I took in late 2020, the track is attached to a sliver of concrete, the majority of the riverbed is just like any other river: dirt. Needless to say, an “aging riverbed” is not the issue.
Are you an engineer?

This sounds like a strange sort of wishful thinking.

For actual hope, some historical context from @Eddie Sotto:

And even, in a sense, this:

Schmidt

There are certain aspects of what Disney is doing I hate there are other things I love so I guess you can add me to your hater list since I don't blindly love everything
Nah. You represent how most people feel.
Don’t put yourself in that group. You are better than that.
I’ve caught Train in so many lies it is hard to keep track. It’s absurd. There is clearly something motivating these people. They aren’t here for honest dialogue.

EricsBiscuit

You Hate Disney too.
Don’t believe me? Read your posts!

Nah. You represent how most people feel.
Don’t put yourself in that group. You are better than that.
I’ve caught Train in so many lies it is hard to keep track. It’s absurd. There is clearly something motivating these people. They aren’t here for honest dialogue.
So, I post a quote by Walt Disney supporting the idea that Frontierland is about the old west, your reaction is to say I hate Disney, then you say I’m not here for honest dialogue? I think that speaks for itself as to who is really here to dialogue.

celluloid

Walt would have said nothing- because he’s a pile of ash in an urn in a cemetery. 😂

For real though he wouldn’t be happy but only because the rivers were HIS idea

He would have also have likely been frustrated that the place (like many others) have become so delapitated.

But seriously wonder why talking cars in a national park would represent how he decided to define Frontierland and take away the historical influence of ROA. Even if he was for change. He would question the heck out of it.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I really hate how people try to speak for Walt as if he's still with us and act like they know what he would think or say about something. The truth is we have no idea and I'm sick of people trying to put words in a dead man's mouth. It's honestly really gross and I think it's disrespectful. Likewise, I think it's equally as disrespectful for Disney to use a bunch of Walt Disney quotes to justify their horrible Park decisions.

celluloid

I really hate how people try to speak for Walt as if he's still with us and act like they know what he would think or say about something. The truth is we have no idea and I'm sick of people trying to put words in a dead man's mouth. It's honestly really gross and I think it's disrespectful. Likewise, I think it's equally as disrespectful for Disney to use a bunch of Walt Disney quotes to justify their horrible Park decisions.

Well at least that is at least fair.

But you have to do this and wonder when the company is named after someone. That is how history works. That is what a legacy is. A lasting impact. So it is normal to wonder and try to achieve those things. Hopefully in honorable sense rather than shallow words to justify.

I don't think that necessarily means it is gross to wonder and go by best guesses of documentation he left behind. When someone says for sure, that is not in good taste.

If you keep the guy's full name and signature on the product, you already crossed that gross line a long time ago.

I would listen to the side that actually worked with the guy and there are still a few of those left.

Notice how only one side is so selective. You don't have to do what you think that guy would do, but it is silly to only adhere to his words as buzz.

el_super

Notice how only one is so selective. You don't have to do what you think that guy would do, but it is silly to only adhere to his words as buzz.

There are a lots of documented Walt quotes supporting a park that is always changing and improving over time.

Was there one specifically that suggested he didn't want changes in the park? Anything at all?

"I wanted something live, something that could grow, something I could keep plussing with ideas, you see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing; the thing will get more beautiful every year. And as I find what the public likes—and when a picture's finished and I put it out—I find out what they like, or they don't like, and I have to apply that to some other thing; I can't change that picture, so that's why I wanted that park."

— Walt Disney

Disstevefan1

Well we know Iger does not speak for Walt or considers what would Walt do when making decisions, that's for sure!

Disstevefan1

Honestly, I think you would care more than Walt. Walt was a pioneer. He was clear that the parks wouldn’t be stagnant and they were not museums.
I would love to know what Walt would think about filling in ROA, removing TSI and removing riverboat instead of doing a true expansion.

But who knows, maybe like you said, he would be fine with it. We just don't know.

You are fine with filling in ROA, removing TSI and removing riverboat and that's fine.

We can agree to disagree.

No matter what we say here, TWDC will do what TWDC will do.

When a company does something that makes no common sense, its a normal human reaction to try to rationalize the act; to try to figure out the motive.

My guess is, its all about MONEY,

Putting Cars in, they can SELL MORE LL.

Also (possibly) putting Cars there could save MONEY instead of truly expanding the park on undeveloped land.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom