News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Incomudro

So you wrote all that to simply say you won’t listen to why people are bothered because you are just going to conclude on your own what their real feelings are.

Missing in you statement is the obvious that this is not the first change these fans have experienced. You don’t need to explain ‘change is hard’ to us- we’re grown adults.

Also missing from your statement is acknowledgment of the history of why so many are soured by Disney’s changes of the last 20 yrs.

Change isn’t always disney tearing down monstanto’s house to get us a new tomorrowland. There have been plenty of sour changes… and the issue is so many have lost faith in Disney’s ability to deliver on BETTER in all their change.
One thing I notice as the decades ago by - a lot of change isn't for the better.
Unless it's restoring previously run down areas.

Quietmouse

If this is going to be some overwhelmingly positive change why wait until after the convention to show the concept art?

Because Disney knows that d23 is consistent of hard core Disney fans who are very change resistant, especially when it comes to classic attractions, and didn’t want to face backlash on stage ?

That doesn’t mean it wasn’t the right choice though. It just means that Disney is aware of the audience that is attending d23.

Bocabear

Because Disney knows that d23 is consistent of hard core Disney fans who are very change resistant, especially when it comes to classic attractions, and didn’t want to face backlash on stage ?

That doesn’t mean it wasn’t the right choice though. It just means that Disney is aware of the audience that is attending d23.
It always seems to me that the D23 audience will applaud for just about anything... Blowing up the castle? New $399.99 daily ticket to the Magic Kingdom? all parades replaced with $49 cupcake parties? Yaaaaaay! They would be out of their seats applauding ...lol

flynnibus

Premium Member
I’d be curious on the attendance levels for the riverboat and island…. Have they gone down?

Are less people visiting the island now vs. 1980? 1990?
Well polys status should tell you something… plus the obvious lack of replacements as things get slowly removed.

Disney has already been telegraphing the utilization of the place…

Moth

I'm just gonna drive by here and say that I am not opposed to the ROA in WDW leaving, but I feel whatever that's replacing them should've been a stronger concept than "Lightning McQueen Goes Camping".

Something like a NBC mini-land to connect Mansion to Villains or something. But the farther we get from the announcement the more unimpressed I am with it.

Bocabear

Unfortunately there were many times I was on the island when it was busy and Aunt Pollys was either closed or just served uncrustables.... Aunt Polly's could have been busier if it had a track record of being open and had something really great to offer... That could have even driven attendance to the island... allowing people to actualluy rediscover what was there... The island has a lot of cool things to wander through....

Ayla

Unfortunately there were many times I was on the island when it was busy and Aunt Pollys was either closed or just served uncrustables.... Aunt Polly's could have been busier if it had a track record of being open and had something really great to offer... That could have even driven attendance to the island... allowing people to actualluy rediscover what was there... The island has a lot of cool things to wander through....
Over the course of the last 18 years, I've visited multiple times in every single month of the year. I don't ever remember Aunt Polly's ever being open. It's another building they've left empty and useless.

Sneaky

Does this change indicate that Disney will start operating their theme parks like it was Las Vegas-build something new, and in 30 years when the attraction is less busy, or the IP has become tired and not as popular, bulldoze it for something new and shiny based on what most 7 year old's love at the time? Is this gonna be the new business model?
Someone wished on a monkeys paw for Disney to run their parks more like universal does now.

celluloid

Someone wished on a monkeys paw for Disney to run their parks more like universal does now.

And Universal learned the hard way that when you go all in on that, it does not work for things not on the scale of Potter or as strong as what it replaced.

Twister, Ghostbusters and Beetlejuice are far stronger properties than what replaced them.

Incomudro

Does this change indicate that Disney will start operating their theme parks like it was Las Vegas-build something new, and in 30 years when the attraction is less busy, or the IP has become tired and not as popular, bulldoze it for something new and shiny based on what most 7 year old's love at the time? Is this gonna be the new business model?
Seems like it.
Ironic for a brand which tries to support much of its image based on its history and classics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom