News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Honestly, the fact that the only gaudy element of the part is the cars themselves is crazy good, especially cars with more off-road adventure vibes. "Fans" are complaining about a beautiful new mountain structure, tons of explorable area, trees, rockwork, detail, waterfalls, and springs. Magic Kingdom has way too much unattractive and downright ugly places, but of course they all fit into their respective time zones and fit into their lands with a loosely strung explanation so it doesn't matter.
We are complaining about removing RoA, the icon of Frontierland and one of the most beautiful and peaceful places of the entire MK. I am not sure why it is so hard for some to grasp the idea that this may peeve off a few people....

Spinning it every which way isn't going to change that...

el_super

But from a theming perspective, if done correctly and appropriately, it could very well be a huge boost to the overall theming of frontier land.

Maybe not the theme but definitely the place making. I'm hoping that, by building up mountains and water features along what is now the boardwalk, they can give the area a sort of wilderness feeling not unlike Ketchikan up in Alaska.

el_super

I doubt the placement of a ride impacts it's popularity, but bad placement can erode the thematic coherence of the parks which has a less tangible, but still real, impact on the guests.

Real in what measurable way? Do fewer people come? Do they spend less money? Can you cite an example where thematic inconsistency actually resulted in a measurable and recorded decline for any metric at the parks?

Phicinfan

We are complaining about removing RoA, the icon of Frontierland and one of the most beautiful and peaceful places of the entire MK. I am not sure why it is so hard for some to grasp the idea that this may peeve off a few people....
Agree, but at the same time there is a large segment HERE, that abhors change simply because it is change. They want expansion, so do I, but sometimes replacing something not really used for something that can be can be good to have.
Spinning it every which way isn't going to change that...
So differing opinions is spin?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Real in what measurable way? Do fewer people come? Do they spend less money? Can you cite an example where thematic inconsistency actually resulted in a measurable and recorded decline for any metric at the parks?
First, how would any of us have those specific metrics? You are asking an unanswerable question. Even for those that drill down to these types of details as part of their job with Disney, the nuance would be significant.

Second, oh my goodness, for you it is like if you can't attach a specific number to it, it doesn't matter...

UNCgolf

You wanna add up all the Orlando parks vs So Cal? That was my point. It’s not even close

That wouldn't make any sense. Most people that visit the other parks also visit the Magic Kingdom (and most people that visit DCA also visit Disneyland), so adding them all up and pointing at that number would be statistical malpractice.

It's not like the MK had 17 million visitors, and then EPCOT had 11 million (hypothetical number) completely separate, unique visitors. Most of those 11 million would already be counted in the MK figure.

Quietmouse

That wouldn't make any sense. Most people that visit the other parks also visit the Magic Kingdom (and most people that visit DCA also visit Disneyland), so adding them all up and pointing at that number would be statistical malpractice.

It's not like the MK had 17 million visitors, and then EPCOT had 11 million (hypothetical number) completely separate, unique visitors. Most of those 11 million would already be counted in the MK figure.

So yes and no.

When we went out to Disney land, it was because we had a trip to San Diego and decided to make a day trip for Disney land.

Never went to dca.

Likewise, some parents might only visit magic kingdom and Epcot, some might just only visit magic kingdom, some might visit all 4.

It’s really dependent on the age of your kids, how many days your trip is, and what’s your budget.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
If someone says something is real, what's wrong in asking for proof?
You are attempting to make a point to fit a certain narrative, without actually reading what he wrote.

How could he possibly have a metric in his hand to measure the impact of RoA or comparable park area? And also, are you going to pretend that RoA doesn't have an impact on guest experience just because the individual doesn't have a metric to provide or we can't put a specific number to it? I think we should all be able to agree it does have a positive impact on guests, while at the same time debating whether or not that impact warrants keeping it.

AidenRodriguez731

You are attempting to make a point to fit a certain narrative, without actually reading what he wrote.

How could he possibly have a metric in his hand to measure the impact of RoA or comparable park area? And also, are you going to pretend that RoA doesn't have an impact on guest experience just because the individual doesn't have a metric to provide? I think we should all be able to agree it does have a positive impact on guests, while at the same time debating whether or not that impact warrants keeping it.
I mean I have definitely seen a lot of jokes and memes throughout the internet of people hating ROA/Tom Sawyer. Have you not seen any of the memes of people saying "Disney is closing TSI & ROA, call me up and I'll fill them in myself" So it's not a positive impact for everyone. There are people who dislike it and want Cars much better, whether or not people want to accept that opinion. The question is indeed pretty much moot because its impossible to prove or disprove. ROA being filled in is not going to affect guest members, no matter how many people say that this is their "last straw" and "never going to Disney again". There will be just as many people who've never went who want to see the new Cars land, almost certainly more. And the merch sales will more than make up for the few people who don't want to come back.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
ROA being filled in is not going to affect guest members, no matter how many people say that this is their "last straw" and "never going to Disney again".
I mean, my last straw is what recently reopened at Epcot, this just reaffirms my position. Yes, others will probably take my place, but there may be an overall tipping point eventually...

el_super

How could he possibly have a metric in his hand to measure the impact of RoA or comparable park area? And also, are you going to pretend that RoA doesn't have an impact on guest experience just because the individual doesn't have a metric to provide or we can't put a specific number to it? I think we should all be able to agree it does have a positive impact on guests, while at the same time debating whether or not that impact warrants keeping it.

Oh I read it. The statement that bad ride placement can erode the thematic coherence of the parks is nothing but spin. It's not real at all. That's why there are no real examples of it ever happening.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Like so many of the things that made the parks great, it is hard to measure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom