News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Brian

We'll have a water feature, according to the concept art.

I mean, I love TSI. The theming is excellent. And the river is beautiful.

But it's low-capacity and not that popular. If we're getting IP in the parks, this isn't a bad trade.
Imho, this is the worst of all possible options. If they were to have some kind of perfect fitting IP, such as a modern day western character (not Woody, we have enough of him), I'd begrudgingly let go of the river and the riverboat for the sake of capacity, because to your point, these two attractions are not popular in the slightest. But paving over the most 'naturally' beautiful section of the park to shove this completely out of place IP is a double punch to the gut.

Last edited:

JustInTime

Right now the land is very Mississippi 1900’s. I think it’s moving to an outdoorsy-woodsy-national park feel. So where you have water now, you will have pines and mountains. Im okay with this, but it needs LOTS of water features.

I am a bit concerned for Haunted Mansion (just the queue and having cars next to it) and Liberty Square. Liberty Square is basically missing from that concept art.

Kamikaze

Right now the land is very Mississippi 1900’s. I think it’s moving to an outdoorsy-woodsy-national park feel. So where you have water now, you will have pines and mountains. Im okay with this, but it needs LOTS of water features.

I am a bit concerned for Haunted Mansion and Liberty Square. Liberty Square is basically missing from that concept art.
They aren't removing Haunted Mansion if thats what you're insinuating.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
More news and concept art - it is going in Rivers of America and Tom Sawyer Island:

View attachment 808572

It’s time to leave Radiator Springs and head west into exciting new locations. To make way for this completely new frontier, the Rivers of America and Tom Sawyer Island will be transformed into vast and rugged terrains for a rally race with some of the world’s most iconic racers.

“We are thrilled to create this original Cars adventure and put our guests in the driver’s seat as we—quite literally—explore a new frontier in Frontierland,” shared Michael Hundgen, Walt Disney World Portfolio Executive Producer at Walt Disney Imagineering. “Part of pioneering this new story includes tapping into the themes of exploration and adventure that inspire so many of us to keep propelling forward. Anytime we touch Magic Kingdom, we recognize the massive responsibility that exists to get it right and tell stories that connect with our guests.”

The new area will bring you along for the ride (pun intended) with a brand-new thrilling rally race through the mountains, climbing trails, and dodging geysers, in addition to a second attraction geared towards fun for the whole family.

The new area will bring you along for the ride (pun intended) with a brand-new thrilling rally race through the mountains, climbing trails, and dodging geysers, in addition to a second attraction geared towards fun for the whole family.

Ahead of work revving into high gear next year, guests will have plenty of time to experience the charm and nostalgia of Frontierland as it is today.

And cruising just around the bend, guests will be able to venture Beyond Big Thunder Mountain into an all-new land dedicated to Disney Villains. Inspired by the wicked characters fans know and loathe, the multi-acre expansion will include two major attractions, plus dining and shopping. Walt Disney Imagineering is pushing creative boundaries to dark and mysterious levels to bring this new, first-of-its-kind land to life.

Together, these new additions to Magic Kingdom will represent the largest expansion in park history.

As much as I hate to see the rivers of America and Tom sawyers Island go. I am excited for because let's be honest our ROA and TSI are by far the worst versions of them and most people will probably prefer this. Also there were massive issues with how people were going to back there without getting rid of the river boat. It looks like it'll still have a lot of water elements so hopefully it won't feel like a "concrete jungle".

JD80

What the arrow is pointing at seems new... it would be significantly up from the Haunted Mansion queue (that would be more where the circle is). Possible entrance to a long rumored/yet to be announced Haunted Mansion restaurant?

I dunno:

1723469739477.png

Concept art perspective is not exact but:

1723469766053.png

The green in the awning almost matches.

LittleBuford

More news and concept art - it is going in Rivers of America and Tom Sawyer Island:

View attachment 808572

It’s time to leave Radiator Springs and head west into exciting new locations. To make way for this completely new frontier, the Rivers of America and Tom Sawyer Island will be transformed into vast and rugged terrains for a rally race with some of the world’s most iconic racers.

“We are thrilled to create this original Cars adventure and put our guests in the driver’s seat as we—quite literally—explore a new frontier in Frontierland,” shared Michael Hundgen, Walt Disney World Portfolio Executive Producer at Walt Disney Imagineering. “Part of pioneering this new story includes tapping into the themes of exploration and adventure that inspire so many of us to keep propelling forward. Anytime we touch Magic Kingdom, we recognize the massive responsibility that exists to get it right and tell stories that connect with our guests.”

Ahead of work revving into high gear next year, guests will have plenty of time to experience the charm and nostalgia of Frontierland as it is today.

And cruising just around the bend, guests will be able to venture Beyond Big Thunder Mountain into an all-new land dedicated to Disney Villains. Inspired by the wicked characters fans know and loathe, the multi-acre expansion will include two major attractions, plus dining and shopping. Walt Disney Imagineering is pushing creative boundaries to dark and mysterious levels to bring this new, first-of-its-kind land to life.

Together, these new additions to Magic Kingdom will represent the largest expansion in park history.

I have no objection to a Radiator Springs mini-land, but the loss of the Rivers of America is both entirely unnecessary and very upsetting.

ctrlaltdel

I think the snow capped car peak looks beautiful imo and am glad that it looks like we are finally getting the first Disney mountain in America since Everest.
The main attraction itself looks great. Tons of elevation change and twisting over itself. Also has a sizable show building seen in the upper-middle of the concept art. Don't think it will be quite the footprint of RSR, but certainly massive.

JD80

Personally I think this is going to be an amazing addition to the parks. It's going to make the park feel like a totally different one. New sitelines, new areas to walk and explore. This area won't be either a pass through or a dead end anymore.

Especially when they stick villains back there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom