News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Well, hate to see ROA go though honestly, I think we went to TS island once in our last 10 trips and rode the Liberty Belle twice, so not really missing much by way of attractions, but more so the aesthetics. I do hope they have a significant berm that separates Cars from the Haunted Mansion. This is going to be an expensive expansion.

JD80

1723468821526.png

Is that water in the circles? Could be the back half of RoA still being there.

Also what is that in the image where I'm pointing at with the arrow? (edit: is that the green awning of Mansion?)

Brian

Well, hate to see ROA go though honestly, I think we went to TS island once in our last 10 trips and rode the Liberty Belle twice, so not really missing much by way of attractions, but more so the aesthetics. I do hope they have a significant berm that separates Cars from the Haunted Mansion. This is going to be an expensive expansion.
This is the general sentiment, it seems. TSI is not as big of a loss as the river itself and the Liberty Belle. Both add kinetic energy and natural beauty to the park, which was once a differentiating factor for what is considered a "theme park" versus an amusement park.

lentesta

Premium Member
Folks, we still have the originals in Disneyland. We're giving up a seldom-used copy for new(ish), more popular attractions. And we still have the entire north area for "Beyond Big Thunder."

We can argue about whether Cars belongs in Frontierland, and what "Frontierland" means. But on the whole, this is a net positive.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Liberty Belle 365 days a year: Sits mostly ignored, not a highlight of anyone's Magic Kingdom day.

Disney fans when Liberty Belle is going away: REEEEEEEE no she's an iconic fixture of the Magic Kingdom and Walt will literally send lightning bolts from the sky if she ever goes away.

See also: Maelstrom, Ellen's Energy Adventure

ctrlaltdel

View attachment 808579

Is that water in the circles? Could be the back half of RoA still being there.

Also what is that in the image where I'm pointing at with the arrow?
The top right is definitely water. Some of ROA will remain by Big Thunder at least, to keep the connection to Seven Seas Lagoon (it may only be a small portion) The lower right is probably a new berm to separate Liberty Square from Frontierland.

fgmnt

I think it's accurate to say that the ROA environment does more for the parkgoers not experiencing them than it does for the people on the boats or island. It's a place that makes the whole part of the park look and feel lived-in and living. It's a place that completely resets the pace of the parkgoing experience. It's as crucial that Disney understands and delivers on that part of this replacement as it does with delivering on the rides. Let's see if they can pull it off.

James Alucobond

I will say that it at least looks like they're trying to seal off views of the cars with a bunch of alpine trees. It also seems the main entrance is tucked away in the back, and I don't totally hate the transition from a snow-capped Piston Peak to geysers to Big Thunder. However, it seems crazy that they couldn't preserve any of the Rivers of America at all.

BasiltheBatLord

Folks, we still have the originals in Disneyland. We're giving up a seldom-used copy for new(ish), more popular attractions. And we still have the entire north area for "Beyond Big Thunder."

We can argue about whether Cars belongs in Frontierland, and what "Frontierland" means. But on the whole, this is a net positive.
Mostly agree with this.

It's a radical move and the park is going to lose part of its classic ambiance, but RoA in WDW is a copy and will still exist in CA. If they tried to remove it at Disneyland I'd be a bit more up in arms.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
It is the best looking part of the entire park. Looking over the river as you walk from liberty square and into frontierland...it is not always just about the attractions.
This mindset presupposes that the new attraction(s) will be ugly.

The concept art looks beautiful. And for people who like kinetics, it'll provide that too. Just like Mine Train swooping through Fantasyland.

Nickels5

Completely agree it’s a net gain of two attractions that 90% of guest will do. TS island was/is a ghost town at all times of the day. There’s zero reason to leave such valuable space and unused for park that badly needs more capacity.

Haymarket2008

Len……don’t do this to us lol. Cars IP aside, losing the river is really bad.

Sneaky

On the bright side, I feel like with this magic kingdom is starting to become its own thing separate from Disneyland
Mostly agree with this.

It's a radical move and the park is going to lose part of its classic ambiance, but RoA in WDW is a copy and will still exist in CA. If they tried to remove it at Disneyland I'd be a bit more up in arms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom