News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

lightningtap347

This ride concept reminds me a lot of the Critter Country 500. I wish they went with that theme, especially with the newfound love of the bears.

davis_unoxx

IMG_7933.jpeg

Took this from the docks a week ago. Never in a million years did I think this would happen.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
View attachment 808579

Is that water in the circles? Could be the back half of RoA still being there.

Also what is that in the image where I'm pointing at with the arrow? (edit: is that the green awning of Mansion?)

What the arrow is pointing at seems new... it would be significantly up from the Haunted Mansion queue (that would be more where the circle is). Possible entrance to a long rumored/yet to be announced Haunted Mansion restaurant?

tanc

I hate that it's being used for Cars, that is what gets me the most. I personally despise that film, couldn't even sit through it, legitimately one of the worst Pixar films imo. If TSI was removed for Villains Land, I'd be more than welcome for that change. But to sacrifice it for Cars is just lame. Cars is not something I could see lasting 50+ years in the MK, unlike the original lands of the park. At least Villains probably has a very solid chance of having staying power.

Horizonsfan

I seem to recall a rumor 5-10 years ago that TDL was considering replacing their ROA with a Cars area. It makes me wonder if this is a derivative of those efforts.

Tbh I thought they’d have preserved a stream way a la the center of Disney springs. Instead they’re just going full scorched earth. The bar they have to clear now is a lot higher. Best of luck to them.

bmr1591

So here's a thought that may have already been mentioned, but I haven't read through this entire thread...

What if the kiddie attraction is similar to Tomorrowland Speedway and them building this is their way to transition the speedway concept into an area it better fits, clearing up a huge chunk of land in Tomorrowland for something better and more fitting to the area?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I hate that it's being used for Cars, that is what gets me the most. I personally despise that film, couldn't even sit through it, legitimately one of the worst Pixar films imo. If TSI was removed for Villains Land, I'd be more than welcome for that change. But to sacrifice it for Cars is just lame. Cars is not something I could see lasting 50+ years in the MK, unlike the original lands of the park. At least Villains probably has a very solid chance of having staying power.
Radiator Springs Racers is a top-5 ride across both Disneyland parks.

fgmnt

So, Liberty Belle, what do we think they're gonna do with it?

My guess? Repurpose it for large group fireworks excursions on Seven Seas Lagoon.

aladdin2007

This is another "fill in the lagoon in the center with dwarfs mine train type project" in the middle....the mansion is going to have to be retooled into a more western theme like phantom manor,,I cant see liberty square existing in all this new-mess which is pretty sad since it was an original land to the park. Sometimes less is more, while its all a grand interesting concept they may as well just raze the whole park and start over at the rate they are going. Say bye to the railroad again as the berm back there will have to be ripped out for this construction.

Kamikaze

Completely agree it’s a net gain of two attractions that 90% of guest will do. TS island was/is a ghost town at all times of the day. There’s zero reason to leave such valuable space and unused for park that badly needs more capacity.
Just wish they could save at least some of the River somehow. They changed it drastically at DL when SW:GE went in, and its fine.

Doing this does help with the actual logistics of getting people to Villains Land, though. It would have been quite the feat otherwise to have re-arranged a path.

Sneaky

Losing tsi and river for getting villains land in the magic kingdom? Honestly good trade off. For me personally we have a deal.
We'll have a water feature, according to the concept art.

I mean, I love TSI. The theming is excellent. And the river is beautiful.

But it's low-capacity and not that popular. If we're getting IP in the parks, this isn't a bad trade.

tanc

So here's a thought that may have already been mentioned, but I haven't read through this entire thread...

What if the kiddie attraction is similar to Tomorrowland Speedway and them building this is their way to transition the speedway concept into an area it better fits, clearing up a huge chunk of land in Tomorrowland for something better and more fitting to the area?
Cars should just be a retheme of the speedway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom