News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

bwr827

Always worth noting: the origin of the term "Disney adult" was from a woman (a Karen, if you will) who was mad that childless adults were having a good day at Disney while she was having an awful time with her kids. Just inherently a bitter term that is used by someone who's mad that other people enjoy something that's not conventionally "mature"!
Are you saying it started with Katiebug?

wannabeBelle

Cost. It's not cost effective to keep expanding out the park if there are areas of the park that are not utilized. Think about the money that has to go into keeping the ROA and TSI open today.l The Cast Members needed to staff these areas and maintain them. And all the auxiliary cast members needed to support those Cast Members. It all adds up pretty quick and it's all costs that have to be handed down to the guests in the form of price increases on admission tickets.

It really is a question of guests wanting to pay for attractions and experiences they won't utilize and whether they will be supportive of continual price increases to pay for it. Democracy in action. No different than TV ratings really.
Yes, I agree cost is certainly a factor. Also I agree about TSI. I am all in favor of a change for that. I had advocated for a retheme for Tiana's area on TSI to include a charming dark ride, as well as a sit down restaurant with a quick service location for beignets!! I dont think we need to lose the ROA is my biggest point. Also is it more cost effective to increase the footprint of the park and have more space for the rest of time versus working within a landlocked area, even if the transition might be easier? As you said this is Democracy in action. If people dont like it, this will be a HUGE hit to the world's most popular theme park. With the new resorts and theme park opening up the road, I dont think Disney can afford to get this wrong. Disney may not agree with me, but I dont see any reason to not look outside the current park boundaries. Cost (within reason) should not be the primary driver for that. What serves the park and guests most should be the primary concern. Marie

el_super

Cost (within reason) should not be the primary driver for that. What serves the park and guests most should be the primary concern. Marie

Keeping operating costs in check, does ultimately serve the park and the guests. If more people utilized the ROA, they wouldn't need to replace it. If enough people used it, they wouldn't be able to remove it even if they wanted to.

V_L_Raptor

I think the point being is thar Disney has a track record of announcing projects but backtracking later and having projects disappear.

Not necessarily saying this will happens with cars but until shovels are physically hitting the ground it does create a degree of uncertainty due to Disney’s past.

Mind you, there's still considerable uncertainty once the shovels are busy. Epcot made that vividly clear.

wannabeBelle

Keeping operating costs in check, does ultimately serve the park and the guests. If more people utilized the ROA, they wouldn't need to replace it. If enough people used it, they wouldn't be able to remove it even if they wanted to.
Define using ROA? I use that all the time that I am in MK. I'm sure many of us fans and even casual visitors do as well. I walk along it's banks to get from one location to the next. I sit by it to rest in between, and watch it as I am on other attractions or in line for other attractions. Is it an attraction in and of itself in terms of is this a ride? No but does it have to be to enhance the park? We all know about the depth of detail that Disney puts into their designs for the parks, how is this any different? I am not against change, but it has to be done correctly and as history has shown, sometimes this has not been done in the best way. I am simply suggesting that both outcomes can be achieved with a little creativity and done very well, marrying the old and new. Marie

Disstevefan1

Three of those projects were COVID cancellations and the other had land suitability issues, so I'm not sure what they have to do with the Cars proposal, which has no similar known issues. It's just fans complaining, as they have done with literally every project for at least the past quarter century, to varying degrees of course.
IgerBecauseCOVID.jpg

Dizknee_Phreek

If only more people had used Splash Mountain 🤔
Disney doesn't need a reason to replace something. Whether it's considered popular or not, if they feel the need to replace they will. Popularity may play a part to a degree. But it's not the only reason Disney keeps attractions or gives them the axe.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1. "Sources" need a citation. What sources?

The internet echo chamber of a thousand armchair imagineers (in the second stage of "bargaining") who are offering alternate plans aren't *sources*.

People seeing petitions and deducing "well, surely, Disney must be reconsidering based on these petitions" aren't *sources."

Repetition isn't a source.

Anyone who says, "Sources say..." without citation is a liar.

Also, *rumors* are not *inside information.* Inside information is based on facts. Rumors could be based on facts, but also, be based on assumptions that are wrong and outright lies.

Also, what Disney has done in the past is not necessarily what they will do in the future. Making that jump to a conclusion is fallacious.

2. Regarding "Disney Adults" -- without Disney adults, the parks would be closed the entirety of the school year. "Disney is for children!" There'd be no year-round Disney for children to enjoy without Disney adults.

Disstevefan1

Keeping operating costs in check, does ultimately serve the park and the guests.
I remember visiting the CANT MISS Osborne lights and just looking in awe and KNOWING how MUCH WORK AND COSTS WERE INVOLVED and wondered why the kept doing it every year and MAKING IT BETTER every year.

There was no hard ticket event, no LL, no monetizing except your ticket to get in the park.

I remember thinking to myself, "this must cost a fortune to put together!"

The fact that they did the Osborne light lights year after year and kept plussing it ever year only for their guests enjoyment was amazing!

Even the cast members working there knew this was special. I have fond memories of dancing along with the cast member under the glorious dancing light and music. It was spectacular.

Bocabear

If only more people had used Splash Mountain 🤔
Disney doesn't need a reason to replace something. Whether it's considered popular or not, if they feel the need to replace they will. Popularity may play a part to a degree. But it's not the only reason Disney keeps attractions or gives them the axe.
despite complaints about Alien Encounter, it was always more popular than that Stitch disaster. I guess they just wanted to change the IP and appeal to younglings....But even that was shuttered and sits vacant. So me it is ridiculous that they would worry so much about this Carsland Addition with Tomorrowland in it's current condition... It is a mess and needs a bunch of investment to bring it back properly...there is also expansion space beyond just the shuttered Alien Encounter/Stitch theater... I would rather see them refresh and renew Tomorrowland as a whole making it feel like a complete thought rather than a random collection of attractions that have nothing to do with each other or the "land" that they are in....

Raineman

despite complaints about Alien Encounter, it was always more popular than that Stitch disaster. I guess they just wanted to change the IP and appeal to younglings....But even that was shuttered and sits vacant. So me it is ridiculous that they would worry so much about this Carsland Addition with Tomorrowland in it's current condition... It is a mess and needs a bunch of investment to bring it back properly...there is also expansion space beyond just the shuttered Alien Encounter/Stitch theater... I would rather see them refresh and renew Tomorrowland as a whole making it feel like a complete thought rather than a random collection of attractions that have nothing to do with each other or the "land" that they are in....
Disney has let Tomorrowland crumble at the untouchable holy land that is DL, so they will have no reservations about doing it at the redheaded stepchild known as WDW.

phillip9698

2. Regarding "Disney Adults" -- without Disney adults, the parks would be closed the entirety of the school year. "Disney is for children!" There'd be no year-round Disney for children to enjoy without Disney adults.

This is my exact argument when people say frontline food workers anywhere shouldn’t get paid much because it’s a job for high schoolers who want extra money.

Ok if that’s the case, those businesses should be closed during school hours correct? I mean if the workers are high schoolers why are you open during school hours.

John park hopper

This is my exact argument when people say frontline food workers anywhere shouldn’t get paid much because it’s a job for high schoolers who want extra money.

Ok if that’s the case, those businesses should be closed during school hours correct? I mean if the workers are high schoolers why are you open during school hours.
We have a huge high school dropout rate guess that's where they are working when the other kids are in school

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

As Walt said, Disneyland was meant for everyone of all ages. It was supposed to be a place everyone could have fun at together, unlike typical amusement parks which were only for kids. He made his movies and park the way HE wanted it to be, not what he thought kids would like. It just so happens that if you make entertainment suitable for everyone, kids will like it too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom