News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Cliff

The river is being removed because DISNEY doesn't care about it.
As I've said before - you don't build for the people.
You create and the people come to you.
Actually,...I have heard that Disney does deeply "care" about the Rivers of America....but they care about it in a negative way.

The theory goes: Burbank and whatever "sensitivity experts" they have, identified Tom Sawyers Island as being "problematic" by 2024 standards. Even Mark Twain and Ben Franklyn are historically "problematic" at Epcot's "American Adventure" as well. Liberty Square itself has also considered "problematic" too. There are MANY things in America's mid-west "frontier" past and history that Burbank does NOT want to promote any longer. I'm even told that Walt Disney himself is considered "problematic" by some management and creative factions inside Burbank. (Thankfully they are a minority group in HQ.)

Remember the shooting arcade? It was a fun place where you shoot a gun at some range targets. This, or course, is horrifying to sensitivity experts...therefore, stuff like this needs to be canceled because it sends the WRONG message today.

Yet, at the same exact time, Burbank CAN promote Deadpool in their parks to kids,...an EXTREMELY, radically VIOLENT Marvel movie with MASSIVE amounts bloody, GUN-GLORYFYING, shooting, killing, murder and massacre. But, an old fashioned, Bible-belt, American frontier BB gun target range is horrible and sends a terrible message to guests????

Funny how Burbank's "sensitivity experts" stay quiet about THAT Deadpool subject. (I'm not dumping on the movie,..I liked it. I'm just pointing out Burbank's hypocrisy)

It's NOT about building Frontier Cars. It's about canceling or "cleaning" an area of the park that they don't agree with, culturally....and using a cool Cars attraction to make you happy about it. (One that can be built ANYWHERE)

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Actually,...I have heard that Disney does deeply "care" about the Rivers of America....but they care about it in a negative way.

The theory goes: Burbank and whatever "sensitivity experts" they have, identified Tom Sawyers Island as being "problematic" by 2024 standards. Even Mark Twain and Ben Franklyn are historically "problematic" at Epcot's "American Adventure" as well. Liberty Square itself has also considered "problematic" too. There are MANY things in America's mid-west "frontier" past and history that Burbank does NOT want to promote any longer. (I'm even told that Walt Disney himself is considered "problematic" by some management and creative factions inside Burbank. (Thankfully they are a minority group in HQ.)

Remember the shooting arcade? It was a fun place where you shoot a gun at some range targets. This, or course, is horrifying to sensitivity experts...therefore, stuff like this needs to be canceled because it sends the WRONG message today.

Yet, at the same exact time, Burbank CAN promote Deadpool in their parks to kids,...an EXTREMELY, radically VIOLENT Marvel movie with MASSIVE amounts bloody, GUN-GLORYFYING, shooting, killing, murder and massacre. But, an old fashioned, Bible-belt, American frontier BB gun target range is horrible and sends a terrible message to guests????

Funny how Burbank's "sensitivity experts" stay quiet about THAT Deadpool subject. (I'm not dumping on the movie,..I liked it. I'm just pointing out Burbank's hypocrisy)

It's NOT about building Frontier Cars. It's about canceling or "cleaning" an area of the park that they don't agree with, culturally....and using a cool Cars attraction to make you happy about it. (One that can be built ANYWHERE)
Nice rant

DarkMetroid567

The theory goes: Burbank and whatever "sensitivity experts" they have, identified Tom Sawyers Island as being "problematic" by 2024 standards. Even Mark Twain and Ben Franklyn are historically "problematic" at Epcot's "American Adventure" as well. Liberty Square itself has also considered "problematic" too. There are MANY things in America's mid-west "frontier" past and history that Burbank does NOT want to promote any longer. (I'm even told that Walt Disney himself is considered "problematic" by some management and creative factions inside Burbank. (Thankfully they are a minority group in HQ.)

lmao

Sir_Cliff

So does anyone think they'll attempt to explain why there are modern all-terrain vehicles next to a bayou from the 1920's sitting next to a town from the 19th century? Or is it just a given that Disney has given up on making things make sense?
It's a redifinition of what the Frontier means!

We can only wait with bated breath to see how they redefine Main Street, Adventure, Fantasy, and Tomorrow.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There's no rule that says if a water feature is replaced by some other attraction, then that other attraction must have a certain amount of new water features that would make up for the loss of the original. So, there's no need to defend this mini-CarsLand by saying "it has enough water features to satisfy you." It's not necessary. And I would guess there's no amount of new water features that would be deemed enough.

There's no rule that says concept art must show the exact amount of new water features.

Cliff

I'm hoping that CFTOD and/or the county or state will demand a full and complete, comprehensive and exhaustive environmental impact study on this project "before" and destruction permits are granted on this crazy thing.

There might be some endangered frog that lives in the Rivers of America. I think it's important to verify the validity of that before this catastrophe begins.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble when it comes to thematic consistency in the Magic Kingdom, but need I remind you that there's a fantasy medieval castle at the end of a turn of the century Main Street. Is it really that big of a deal that there's anthropomorphic cars next to a haunted house and singing bears? I don't really like that cars is replacing the rivers of America either, but the idea that cars is just too big of a stretch and suspension of disbelief is kind of laughable.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I'm hoping that CFTOD and/or the county or state will demand a full and complete, comprehensive and exhaustive environmental impact study on this project "before" and destruction permits are granted on this crazy thing.

There might be some endangered frog that lives in the Rivers of America. I think it's important to verify the validity of that before this catastrophe begins.
I believe the recent permits they just submitted already cover all this if I'm not mistaken but I see what you mean. I really want the rivers of America to stay to but that's not what's going to save it lol.

Sir_Cliff

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble when it comes to thematic consistency in the Magic Kingdom, but need I remind you that there's a fantasy medieval castle at the end of a turn of the century Main Street. Is it really that big of a deal that there's anthropomorphic cars next to a haunted house and singing bears? I don't really like that cars is replacing the rivers of America either, but the idea that cars is just too big of a stretch and suspension of disbelief is kind of laughable.
Indeed, would a rocket ship in Adventureland really be that thematically inconsistent when you have Polynesian tiki birds next to a Caribbean Plaza featuring pirates? Bring it on... I guess.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Indeed, would a rocket ship in Adventureland really be that thematically inconsistent when you have Polynesian tiki birds next to a Caribbean Plaza featuring pirates? Bring it on... I guess.
I mean there's already magic carpets from the middle east right next to it sooooo.

TrainsOfDisney

Is it really that big of a deal that there's anthropomorphic cars next to a haunted house and singing bears?
I’ve got BINGO - goodness it took long enough for someone to bring up the singing bears reason! Been waiting.

need I remind you that there's a fantasy medieval castle at the end of a turn of the century Main Street.
Well it’s supposed to be in a park not at the end of the street but that’s a topic for the great tree massacare - Central Park in NYC has had a castle since 1872.

Sir_Cliff

I mean there's already magic carpets from the middle east right next to it sooooo.
Indeed. Time to discard all this "Imagineering" nonsense they have been going on about for all these years and just start building loosely associated attractions close to one another as people only really care about new rides anyway.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Well it’s supposed to be in a park not at the end of the street but that’s a topic for the great tree massacare - Central Park in NYC has had a castle since 1872.
Had no idea there was a castle in central Park.
1000001535.png

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Indeed. Time to discard all this "Imagineering" nonsense they have been going on about for all these years and just start building loosely associated attractions close to one another as people only really care about new rides anyway.
Well, that is what they've been doing already anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom