News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Sir_Cliff

Alot of the Cars shorts relating to Piston Peak were of a spooky nature as well. Disney could potentially lean into that if they wanted a transitional area leading to Haunted Mansion.
While they're breaking taboos, they might as well fold Haunted Mansion into the new Cars land.

I'm sure you can make a case that this
1723823090038.png

is less relevant to contemporary audiences than this
1723823105666.png

TheRealSkull

I was quite happy with a Radiator Springs Cars Land being built in DHS!
It would have made so much more sense, especially where Galaxy's Edge currently sits. This is what I mean by saying DHS could've been a full day park. Especially now with Monsters Inc. in Animation Courtyard.

(note i would not have sacrificed Muppets for Cars Land, but the 2nd photo fixes that)
dhs_overview.png
Cars Land[1].png

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I mean, there are only four possible timelines (who wins the election and whether HOP closes before the show can be updated with that result).

Write out those four possibilities.

The one that *I* would least like to be asked to justify to the board, guests, cast members, and the media is "We closed Hall of Presidents before anyone could see the United States' first woman President there."

They have options. They could announce before the US election that HOP is closing no matter who wins. They'd probably get the same "Here's why there'll NEVER be a woman in Disney's Hall of Presidents" clickbait headlines, but maybe for a shorter period of time.

Given the fan reaction to Rivers of America (and Muppets, if/when that happens), my guess is they have enough to handle right now.

I could be wrong.
They could always put an AA of the winner in City Hall in a glass case welcoming all the visitors (who happen into City Hall) to the Magic Kingdom. Then make the HoP home to Sam's Tribute To All Nations Of The World (But Mostly The United States of America).

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Here is Idea Disney drain the RoA and make it into a huge skate board run. You are all about what is popular --skateboarding has been popular for years even in the Olympics. (sarcasm)
You know what else they had at the Olympics this year?

Break dancing!
Well, since it's Cars now, they would forego the skateboarding and introduce BRAKE dancing...

Wall-e

Universal can do an amazing job when it comes to queue themeing and passive entertainment but it always baffles me how quickly they give up on that when it comes to reserved extended queue space. Like I get it when Hagrids is backed up and they have to send the line snaking through other parts of the park but what's up with how they take you into Gringots and then routinely send you out a door in the back into totally unthemed switchbacks only to bring you right back into the theme, pretty much daily?

Same with Spiderman.

I never see it used but always think what a bad day some people must have while going through the greenhouse area of Forbidden Journey and seeing the massive extended queue there next to that, too that I assume, must get use at some points in the year.

They do that all over in IOA but I suppose they're getting a little better about it with newer builds since both the aforementioned Hagrids and Velosicoaster have some level of theme applied to all of their reserved queue space even if it's more minimal at the end sections.

It'll be interesting to see how they have this set up for everything in the new park.
With the more recent stuff yeah I'll give them that. Gringotts is nice but can get stuffy in the basement if there's a lot of people down there. But like you said, even at Hagrid's, there's random spots that are either in direct sun or have no air circulation.

The Chatbox Ghost

RETLAW

I just hope that several 1000's of people are writing to Disney to voice there dislike for the idea of getting rid of ROA and Liberty Belle. Nothing is going to happen if only a couple of 100 people voice there opinion.

The Chatbox Ghost

I just hope that several 1000's of people are writing to Disney to voice there dislike for the idea of getting rid of ROA and Liberty Belle. Nothing is going to happen if only a couple of 100 people voice there opinion.
If you'd like to use my letter as a template to send to management, feel free to! (Although definitely make sure to replace my anecdotal personal stories with your own haha). I can send addresses as well!

Quietmouse

I would argue that cars land set in the back drop of a national forest (piston peak in the cars show?) does more to enhance the theme of frontier land and the adjacent surrounding attractions of BTM and Haunted Mansion and makes a natural gateway for villains land (entering a dark and evil forest is common place for fairy tales).

Right now you have a boat circling an island that really has very little to do with frontier land and much more to do with the Midwest and the South.

A national forest expansion with the backdrop of big thunder mountain is way more natural looking.

Just my 2 cents.

Cliff

Why are we still talking about 100 year old trains in 2024?

Gen-Z does not care about this stuff today. Why not just junk these trains and rip those tracks out of Disneyland and Walt Disney World? I mean, it gets in the way of "progress" and takes money away that could go to more movie IP in the parks. (Something we know that Burbank want's today)

Besides, Walt Disney absolutely, loved...LOVED those darn historic, ancient machines that ran through the Bible belt, mid-west.

Even MORE reason for Burbank to get rid of them????

The Chatbox Ghost

If you'd like to use my letter as a template to send to management, feel free to! (Although definitely make sure to replace my anecdotal personal stories with your own haha). I can send addresses as well!
Just emailed my letter, will also be physically mailing letters too. Let's hope someone at least times the time to read them!

Cliff

Just emailed my letter, will also be physically mailing letters too. Let's hope someone at least times the time to read them!
I love this letter and I'm also furious about losing The Rivers of America. It's downright disgusting to me and we all know why Burbank didn't tell us this detail LIVE,....on stage in front of everybody.

Yes,...they "could" build Cars AND keep the Rivers of America at the same time. However,...if they built Cars on a section of empty property, there would be no easy way left to destroy the Rivers of America, or the Riverboat or Tom Sawyer's Island itself.

Burbank would be left with no other options to cancel this place.

If they don't destroy the river with Cars then they will need to find another, very creative way to do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom