News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

TheRealSkull

If you'd like to use my letter as a template to send to management, feel free to! (Although definitely make sure to replace my anecdotal personal stories with your own haha). I can send addresses as well!
If you could send an address to me, I'd love that!

el_super

Yes,...they "could" build Cars AND keep the Rivers of America at the same time.

4,000 posts and this keeps getting said ...

The river isn't being removed because it's a convenient place to build CARs, or that the land use makes more sense. The river is being removed because people do not care about it. Moving Cars doesn't change that. Sending letters doesn't change that. They have the numbers, and they already know the reality.

Asking to keep it is asking everyone to pay more in admission to keep a museum piece that very few people bother to even think about.

Cliff

I'm heading to Tokyo Disney over Halloween! I'm very excited to see Splash Mountain again!

I feel like we need to be VERY careful about refereeing to park designs and attractions and saying "Walt Disney LOVED this or that...etc"

Identifying anything by saying "Walt loved it"...put's a cancel target right over it from Burbank.

Shhh....we need to keep these historic "Walt things" OFF Burbank's weapons system radar and hope they just forget!

Incomudro

The river isn't being removed because it's a convenient place to build CARs, or that the land use makes more sense. The river is being removed because people do not care about it. Moving Cars doesn't change that. Sending letters doesn't change that. They have the numbers, and they already know the reality.

Asking to keep it is asking everyone to pay more in admission to keep a museum piece that very few people bother to even think about.
The river is being removed because DISNEY doesn't care about it.
As I've said before - you don't build for the people.
You create and the people come to you.

Cliff

People don't care about the river? Yeah,...completely incorrect.

"Nostalgia" has traditionally been an ENORMOUS part of the Disney experience. Every Disney Castle park in the world has a similar water feature...ALL of them! Burbank did NOT tell us where Cars was going until the day AFTER everybody went home. They were smart to NOT drop that bomb live, on stage.

We could make a long list of "museum pieces" that don't have high attendance numbers but are still extremely important to the park.

What if they cemented the river in Disneyland and destroyed the Mark Twain and the Colombia? Yeah,....there would be a lynch mob at gates of Disneyland.

Nickm2022

I actually don't care that Rivers is going. It's more it's a IP I don't want, in a park I don't want it in, in an area I don't want it. That said I'm open to this change.

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

Here's an idea- keep a narrower version of the rivers to keep the area feeling open.

Attachments

• MKSuggestionB.png
    MKSuggestionB.png
    622.9 KB · Views: 9

Stripes

Premium Member
I’m looking at this project as a perfect opportunity to improve the beauty and refine the story of Frontierland and Liberty Square.

I genuinely think that when all is said and done, Frontierland and Liberty Square will have more beauty, feel more lively, and give a greater sense of tranquility.

I’m especially looking forward to these tucked away paths in Frontierland where one gets a peak through the trees of a grand waterfall and as we get closer, the bustle of Frontierland fades away and we are captivated by the sight and sounds of rushing water cascading down the cliffside. The water flows under the bridge and beneath our feet. We turn around to see where it’s going and it’s a beautiful oasis of crystal clear water surrounded by a lush landscape of trees.

IMG_0987.png

Last edited:

DisneyHead123

Nobody uses the giant Mickey planter by the gates or the fountain at Gaston’s tavern. Why not tear all the decor down and just have the place set up like a Six Flags? Concrete and rides.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I'm not as mad as I once was about losing the ROA but I'm still very sad. It's very telling how uncaring wdw management is about the history of the resort. Disneyland went through pain staking efforts to preserve and improve the ROA when adding in Galaxy's edge. Its so sad to see how they didn't even bother and are just throwing it all away. Or in this case filling it all in. I just hope that with all the backlash management will change their mind, (although I don't think they will).

KDM31091

Tearing out the river for more IP is just destroying the thematic integrity of the park which is a recurring theme, and that’s really what people are mostly upset about IMO. It’s just becoming a random hodgepodge of IP in every park with no unifying theme. There are attempts made to make it tie in but it’s always a major stretch.

This is disappointing because it is reducing what sets Disney apart from other parks.

DisneyHead123

Most planters aren't over 3 acres nor is the replacement a featureless concrete surface.

The point of my comment was “by x logic, y would be the result.”

I am all for being responsive to guest satisfaction and usage. But there are situations where it doesn’t really make sense. The riverboat is largely a thematic element at this point. People generally don’t climb all over the decor, it’s just there in the background doing its thing. That doesn’t mean it serves no purpose. If Cars is just breathtaking, people still won’t be climbing on the trees in the background of the ride or specifically commenting on them in surveys (“Dear Disney. There were trees and rocks and stuff in that cars ride! Thank you!!”) but that doesn’t mean it should be on an unthemed slab of concrete.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom